PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to use spotify on the laptop but output to the squeezebox?

dave_s13
2014-03-29, 04:14
This has probably been asked before so apologies if I'm duplicating but this is such a massive resource of information it's sometimes a bit tricky to find the answers amidst the encyclopedia on offer.

The question is pretty simple.

I want to use spotify on my PC/Laptop but output to my squeezebox (which is plugged into the AV receiver).

Obviously you can use the duet controller or smartphone app but the PC application has a lot more functionality (radio, apps, discover etc).

Thanks in advance.

garym
2014-03-29, 04:52
but why not use the spotify LMS plugin (either the official logitech plugin/app if you are playting to Touch or Radio) or Triode's 3rd Party Spotify plugin if playing to Duet receiver, sb3, transporter, boom). Then spotify simply works as part of LMS. I use it all the time.

but in general, if you want to output sound of PC to your LMS > squeezeboxes, install the WAV INPUT plugin in LMS on your laptop and set it up to capture the sounds played by the laptop). Search this forum for info on WAV INPUT plugin.

dave_s13
2014-03-29, 08:34
but why not use the spotify LMS plugin (either the official logitech plugin/app if you are playting to Touch or Radio) or Triode's 3rd Party Spotify plugin if playing to Duet receiver, sb3, transporter, boom). Then spotify simply works as part of LMS. I use it all the time.

but in general, if you want to output sound of PC to your LMS > squeezeboxes, install the WAV INPUT plugin in LMS on your laptop and set it up to capture the sounds played by the laptop). Search this forum for info on WAV INPUT plugin.

I do currently use the triode 3rd party software and it works well.

I just think the desktop spotify app is a lot more spohisticated and I'd like to be able to be working on the laptop and control my music all from one place.

I've had a look at the wav input plugin and it sounds like it would be a workaround. Can't get it to work though!

garym
2014-03-29, 14:07
I do currently use the triode 3rd party software and it works well.

I just think the desktop spotify app is a lot more spohisticated and I'd like to be able to be working on the laptop and control my music all from one place.

I've had a look at the wav input plugin and it sounds like it would be a workaround. Can't get it to work though!

I only tried to use WavInput once and didn't have much luck. But to be fair I only tried briefly. I know many have it working. There do seem to be lots of steps, but I recall some threads on this....search the forum for more info.

bpa
2014-03-29, 15:24
IIRC The Wavinput plugin uses an old Audio API and I think Spotify may not work with it.
Also the plugin does not work if LMS is being run as a service - LMS must be run either maunally or when a user login as otherwise Windsows prevent the plugin getting access to audio subsystem.

You should check whether the plugin is setup correctly by using another audio player such as WMP, VLC, mplayer etc. on a audio file.