PDA

View Full Version : Can't get my Squeezebox 3 registered to mysqueezebox.com

unclepuncle
2014-03-23, 01:52
Hi

I have owned about a dozen squeezebox products down the years (mostly SB3/Classic) and have never had any issues setting them up, but I got another one on Friday (an all black Slim Devices SB Classic - the label on the bottom is missing so don't have a serial number or exact product code) which I am having problems with.

I have the latest version of LMS on my PC and the player works perfectly (wirelessly) playing my music files etc. However I'm sure in the past that when I first set a player up that part of the initial set-up asks me to enter my 'mysqueezebox.com' email and password to connect the player to that account - but on this unit durng set-up it doesn't ask me for this info. I enter all my networking details, WAP password etc and then it is ready to play. I always do a factory reset before starting set-up by holding add on the remote when powering up. When I first set it up and tried to connect to mysqueezebox.com it said it was already registered to another user, but I contacted the seller and he has now removed it from his account.

Now once it's set-up it works perfectly playing my music files via LMS, but if I scroll through the main root menu on the squeezebox (my music, settings, radio, extras, favourites etc) one of the options is 'mysqueezebox.com' - if I press right on the remote it briefly says 'connecting to mysqueezebox.com' and then it says it's connected and there are two options - Rhapsody Folder and MP3 Music Locker. However if I go to my PC and log in to www.mysqueezebox.com and click on players it says there is no player registered to my account.

I'm sure I should have to enter my 'mysqueezebox.com' details into the unit via the remote but can't seem to find a way of doing this?

Any ideas?

toby10
2014-03-23, 02:49
It must be deleted from it's current MySB.com account before it can be registered to your account. Three ways to do this:
1. Contact the previous owner, ask them to delete it from their account
2. Get previous owners MySB.com login info, delete player yourself
3. Contact Logitech support with your model & MAC # (both on the bottom sticker of player, MAC can be found in player settings))

unclepuncle
2014-03-23, 06:59
It must be deleted from it's current MySB.com account before it can be registered to your account. Three ways to do this:
1. Contact the previous owner, ask them to delete it from their account
2. Get previous owners MySB.com login info, delete player yourself
3. Contact Logitech support with your model & MAC # (both on the bottom sticker of player, MAC can be found in player settings))

The player is no longer registered to another account - the issue is that the setup procedure never asks me to enter my own mysqueezebox account details and I don't know why?

unclepuncle
2014-03-24, 00:58
The player is no longer registered to another account - the issue is that the setup procedure never asks me to enter my own mysqueezebox account details and I don't know why?

Anyone got any ideas?

mherger
2014-03-24, 01:23
Please send me the MAC address as reported in the firmware to michael št
slimdevices dott com. I can check its state on mysb.com

--

Michael

unclepuncle
2014-03-24, 04:53
Please send me the MAC address as reported in the firmware to michael št
slimdevices dott com. I can check its state on mysb.com

--

Michael

Thanks for the offer Michael - but I had already sent, on Friday, a request to Logitech support to delete the player from any other accounts and they have emailed me this morning to say they have done it.

Subject
Player is connected to old users mysqueezebox.com account

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Francesco) 24/03/2014 10.45 AM
Dear Paul

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care.

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your Squeezebox. My name is Francesco and I will gladly assist you with your request.

Regarding your request I inform you that we have deleted the old account of the previous owners so you can now to set up your account whenever you want.

Thank you for contacting Logitech.

But tbh I'm not sure this is the root of the problem - I'll find out when I get home and if it still won't let me enter my own 'mysqueezebox.com' details I'll let you know.