PDA

View Full Version : Spotify plug in

eschurr
2014-03-22, 13:30
I just signed up for Spotify Premium. Installed the third party plug in, configured it, and it looked like all was good. Selected an album, added to playlist, clicked play. Progress bar started moving and after a few seconds it stopped. Never got any sound

I'm running Logitech Media Server 7.7.3 on Windows 7

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mnyb
2014-03-22, 18:18
Make sure the helper app can get trough the firewall .

The plugin has an built in self test try that one and see where it fails .

eschurr
2014-03-23, 11:22
Make sure the helper app can get trough the firewall .

The plugin has an built in self test try that one and see where it fails .

Thanks. How do i run that self test? I can't find it.

Mnyb
2014-03-23, 11:55
Thanks. How do i run that self test? I can't find it.

It's done from the web UI settings , advanced , spotify . Here you can also check out what port the spotify helper is using ( default 9005) .
If I where on windows I probably have to make an exception or firewall rule for the helper app, dunno what's the exact name of it is but it's somewhere with the plugin and the plugin folders location is written out in the information tab in the settings ( scroll down to the bottom ) .

However triode has a huge service tread for his plugin maybe you fin the info there .

eschurr
2014-03-23, 14:07
It's done from the web UI settings , advanced , spotify . Here you can also check out what port the spotify helper is using ( default 9005) .
If I where on windows I probably have to make an exception or firewall rule for the helper app, dunno what's the exact name of it is but it's somewhere with the plugin and the plugin folders location is written out in the information tab in the settings ( scroll down to the bottom ) .

However triode has a huge service tread for his plugin maybe you fin the info there .

I appreciate your help. On my "Advanced/plug in" tab the plug in is listed but there is no option for settings or any other way to invoke it or a self test. Where is it?

Also, what is the "triode" you referenced?

Mnyb
2014-03-23, 18:38
I appreciate your help. On my "Advanced/plug in" tab the plug in is listed but there is no option for settings or any other way to invoke it or a self test. Where is it?

Also, what is the "triode" you referenced?

Triode is the developer .