PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox for iPhone app questions

cgallery
2014-03-17, 14:51
I have the Squeezebox for iPhone app loaded, and it works great.

BUT...

I now have a SLIMP3 (at home) and a Duet (at work). Home and work are connected via VPN. Home is 192.168.20.0 and work is 192.168.10.0. The Logitech server software is loaded on a PC at home (192.168.20.130).

When I'm at work, I can run iPeng on my phone, and it sees both players and allows me to select a player and control it. I can, from work, select either the home or the work player and play music via iPeng.

However, with the Logitech Squeezebox for iPhone app, it defaults to my original (SLIMP3) player. I can control that player from work (remember it is at home) and I can start/stop music, etc. But when I tap the button at the top to select a different player, it tells me it can't find ANY players.

I know, I know, I should just use iPeng. But I like having the Squeezebox app because I can load it on several different iPhones and iPads that belong to friends and family and I don't have to keep paying the iPeng fee.

Any ideas?

pippin
2014-03-17, 17:41
I know, I know, I should just use iPeng. But I like having the Squeezebox app because I can load it on several different iPhones and iPads that belong to friends and family and I don't have to keep paying the iPeng fee.

You know that you can install iPeng on as many devices as you like, the purchase is bound to the iTunes account, not the device.

I suspect your problem is that the server discovery doesn't work in your VPN, probably because your VPN doesn't support UDP (many don't). iPeng remembers your last server and reconnects and it also keeps a permanent connection to all known and found servers. It looks like the Logitech App searches for servers when you open the players menu and doesn't find any, so it doesn't show any players.

cgallery
2014-03-17, 18:32
But isn't each iPhone tied to a specific account? When it asks for the password it doesn't ask for the Apple ID account name, so I don't know how I'd load software from my account onto someone else's phone?

Sorry for the dumb question, I haven't really explored the iPhone all that much.

pippin
2014-03-18, 03:11
Ah, I thought you were talking about your own devices.