PDA

View Full Version : Deezer buffering on mysqueezebox.com

daucott
2014-03-12, 05:24
I have a ‘wired‘ squeezebox duet. My problem is if I try to use deezer through mysqueezebox.com I get buffering 9 or 10 times during each song (320kbs). If I listen to Deezer on my duet through my laptop squeezebox server no buffering at all. Perfect
Other 320kbs streams such as skyfm premium and Digitally Imported direct to the duet from mysqueezebox.com are fine. (These are streamed direct from my ISP's server)

I live in Australia.
I suspect what is happening is that mysqueezebox.com is connecting my deezer service to a US server thus causing latency in Australia. My squeezeserver on the laptop may be correctly connecting me to a local Australian Deezer server. I'm hoping If someone can confirm what I suspect is happening is correct, and if so can mysqueezebox.com be configured to direct my Deezer service to an Australian server?

mherger
2014-03-12, 05:32
> I live in Australia.

Can you check what mysb.com DC you're connected to? We had to replace
the main DB server in the US which was causing some hiccups if you were
connected to it.

Check Settings/Advanced/Information about mysqueezebox.com while connected.

--

Michael

daucott
2014-03-12, 17:14
Data Centre My SB US East

Also under Diagnostics I notice the ip address of mysqueezebox.com keeps switching ip addresses every 20 secs or so It goes from 174.129.11.119 to 50.17.234.107 to 23.17.238.167 to 23.21.99.135 roughly within 10 secs of the buffering on the switch.

mherger
2014-03-12, 21:40
> Data Centre My SB US East

And you're still seeing the buffering?

Did you try to increase the buffer size for your player? Go to
http://www.mysqueezebox.com/player/viewPlayers, select your player and
open the Network tab. There you can change the buffer size for "Internet
Radio". Never mind the label. Increase it to something like 10s and give
it another try.

> Also under Diagnostics I notice the ip address of mysqueezebox.com keeps
> switching ip addresses every 20 secs or so It goes from 174.129.11.119
> to 50.17.234.107 to 23.17.238.167 to 23.21.99.135 roughly within 10 secs
> of the buffering on the switch.

The IP address changing is just the result of the load balancing:
whenever a DNS request is made, the DNS server hands out a different IP
address to distribute the load across servers. But your connection would
stick on the address it got when it was initialized.

--

Michael

daucott
2014-03-13, 04:12
I set the buffer to 10 then I set it to 20 doesn't seem to help. As the problem is only with Deezer, I'll just have to stream it through the squeezeserver as it streams flawlessly that way.

Thanks for your help.

gege
2018-12-16, 09:23
Hello.
I did face the same problem those days with all my squeezebox (touch and radio) whereas Deezer was working fine for years... I did try different configurations but nothing work...
Any advise or ideas to fix that?
Regards,

Géraud

callesoroe
2018-12-16, 13:09
I have a ‘wired‘ squeezebox duet. My problem is if I try to use deezer through mysqueezebox.com I get buffering 9 or 10 times during each song (320kbs). If I listen to Deezer on my duet through my laptop squeezebox server no buffering at all. Perfect
Other 320kbs streams such as skyfm premium and Digitally Imported direct to the duet from mysqueezebox.com are fine. (These are streamed direct from my ISP's server)

I live in Australia.
I suspect what is happening is that mysqueezebox.com is connecting my deezer service to a US server thus causing latency in Australia. My squeezeserver on the laptop may be correctly connecting me to a local Australian Deezer server. I'm hoping If someone can confirm what I suspect is happening is correct, and if so can mysqueezebox.com be configured to direct my Deezer service to an Australian server?

Do you have "Streaming through proxy" ticked in sound settings??? This often helps in with buffering issues.

gege
2018-12-21, 15:20
Hi.
Thanks for the answer. I did not use LMS but directly mysqueezebox.com so I guess this proxy configuration option is not available ?

callesoroe
2018-12-23, 08:36
Hi.
Thanks for the answer. I did not use LMS but directly mysqueezebox.com so I guess this proxy configuration option is not available ?

Aaah. No. Then it is not a solution...

gege
2018-12-31, 09:43
Hi. After several investigations, many other people in France have the same problem and it seems that this buffering issue is at the internet operator level (Orange) since it's working well with other ones. I will then investigate this with Orange. To help me for that, can someone could give me more information about how work the deezer module (source code, URL used to stream the music, etc.)? Regards. Géraud