PDA

View Full Version : Going back to a previous version tone controls?

cgallery
2014-03-10, 07:31
I've been running the latest version (7.7.3 I think) for a while. I seem to have more difficulty with it than older versions. I'm using an original SLIMP3 and I'm running on Windows XP with SP3. Nothing else runs on this box. I do use iPeng on an iPhone as my remote control.

After some research some people said 7.5.3 was a stable release, so I downloaded and installed that. BUT, I lost my tone controls. I like my tone controls and would miss them terribly.

Is there a very stable version that will give me my tone controls back?

TIA!

pippin
2014-03-10, 08:48
Which problems did you have with 7.7.3? For me, 7.7.2/7.7.3 have been the most stable versions ever.
7.5.x has the default support for MySQL if you need that for an extremely large library.
If it's 7.5.x I'd use the latest version, 7.5.6. But since the Slimp3 is one of the two devices I don't have (besides SB1) I can't answer the question on the tone controls.

jimbobvfr400
2014-03-10, 09:17
Just as an aside, personally if the PC is dedicated to the squeezebox then I'd be running Linux on it and not Windows. In my experience LMS on Linux has been both more reliable and snappier than LMS on Windows on the same hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cgallery
2014-03-10, 15:28
Which problems did you have with 7.7.3? For me, 7.7.2/7.7.3 have been the most stable versions ever.
7.5.x has the default support for MySQL if you need that for an extremely large library.
If it's 7.5.x I'd use the latest version, 7.5.6. But since the Slimp3 is one of the two devices I don't have (besides SB1) I can't answer the question on the tone controls.

Hi, thanks for trying to help me. I guess I shouldn't be so dismissive of 7.7.3. The problem I'm having is that Squeezebox crashes. In the event viewer/applications I'm seeing entries like these:

Faulting application squeez~3.exe, version 54532.0.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.6055, fault address 0x000673be.

I've gotten that a bunch of times. I got this one once:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: FATAL: There is already another copy of the Logitech Media Server running on this machine. (Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.) at /<C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Log/Log4perl/Logger.pm line 900

I wonder if 7.5.6 supports tone controls on the SLIMP3. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

cgallery
2014-03-10, 15:28
Just as an aside, personally if the PC is dedicated to the squeezebox then I'd be running Linux on it and not Windows. In my experience LMS on Linux has been both more reliable and snappier than LMS on Windows on the same hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

From time to time I do use the machine for another Windows task, so I sort of need to keep Windows on it.