PDA

View Full Version : Soundcloud plugin: Broken?

ModelCitizen
2014-03-02, 07:33
Hello.

I've got a Soundcloud plugin installed. To access my Soundcloud stuff I've my added Soundcloud/Squeezecloud api key/token thingy (some time in the dim and distant past). It doesn't seem to work now and when I try and generate a new one at Soundcloud I get a 404 error.

Does anyone know the state of the app? Is it till working and if so, do I need to get SoundCloud Pro to get a new api/token thingy?

Any help appreciated.

pippin
2014-03-02, 07:59
SqueezeCloud works for me (the original SoundCloud plugin does not). You don't need pro.

ModelCitizen
2014-03-02, 16:57
Umm... is Squeezecloud a third party plugin? If so I can't find it. Where is best to look?

Thanks.

pippin
2014-03-02, 17:49
Here's the repo

http://grobbie.github.io/SqueezeCloud/public.xml

I thought you knew about it since you mentioned it in your OP

ModelCitizen
2014-03-03, 01:14
Cheers Pippin. I saw the term SqueezeCloud when I attempted the api/token thingy at SoundCloud. That's all.

And of course, the third party plugin still required the Soundcloud ApiKey and I still get a Soundcloud page not found error when I look for it (error 404) . Bit at last I found this helpful post:

"If you look at the full URL for the github navigation, it should end in something like this:
callback.html?code=bb39b1b3411555346395d3893d89bc4 b#access_token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&scope=non-expiring
You should be able to use the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX above as the API."

pippin
2014-03-03, 02:58
Ah. Yes. Didn't remember that!

dewalty
2014-03-13, 03:33
Cheers Pippin. I saw the term SqueezeCloud when I attempted the api/token thingy at SoundCloud. That's all.

And of course, the third party plugin still required the Soundcloud ApiKey and I still get a Soundcloud page not found error when I look for it (error 404) . Bit at last I found this helpful post:

"If you look at the full URL for the github navigation, it should end in something like this:
callback.html?code=bb39b1b3411555346395d3893d89bc4 b#access_token=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&scope=non-expiring

Perfect... this worked for me. Thanks

maalt
2014-03-16, 03:26
I'm new to this forum as I only got my Squeezebox Classic two weeks ago. I installed LMS on a NAS and everything works just fine. Today I was happy to find out about the SqueezeCloud plugin, installed it, but whatever I try, it keeps on giving me errors: "Connect timed out". What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any advice.

Katja

pippin
2014-03-16, 06:04
Did. you read the posts above?

bonze
2014-03-16, 13:03

Took me a while to find the relevant post in the thread:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?92723-Soundcloud-plugin-for-squeezeserver&p=762286&viewfull=1#post762286

maalt
2014-03-16, 16:20
Did. you read the posts above?

Thanks pippin for your reply. I did read the above posts.

When I first installed the plugin, I didn't have an account @Soundcloud, it gave me that error. No matter what Squeezecloud menu item I clicked. Then I signed up with Soundcloud, got the key, added it, it didn't make a difference. And it seems to me the error is different? So uhm, help?

Or it could be that I don't understand properly what I am supposed to do, following instructions from the post bonze refers to.

Perhaps I should add that I'm not at all tech savvy. :S

maalt
2014-03-19, 14:08
Hmm. I can add tracks to my playlist using the option "SoundCloud URL". All other menu options time out. Any pointer would be appreciated.