PDA

View Full Version : Multi Library and some 96kHz FLAC files

handsome
2014-02-15, 00:18
I have two libraries: one filled with FLACs and one filled with MP3s. A lot of the MP3s are duplicated as FLACs but not all. I also have a lot of vinyl rips at 96kHz 24bit. I use the BestFormat Library to always access the highest quality versions of my music. I notice a strange behaviour though with my vinyl rips: Albums that are ripped to FLAC and MP3 only show up once i.e. the FLAC version is seen only and the MP3 version is 'hidden'. However for singles and 12"s I always see both the MP3 version and the FLAC version in my library. Initially i thought this was perhaps the files did not have ALBUM tags so i added ALBUM tags but still both versions appear in the library......?

jura.dolezal
2014-02-15, 13:59
Hi,
I have Squeezebox duet. I use it with Logitech media server which run on Zyxel NSA320. How can I made Multilibrary? How can I sort music by files? For example FLAC and MP3?
Thank you!

Jiri

DJanGo
2014-02-16, 03:23
Hi,

to make something clear....

Multilibrary isnt the right description / word.......

Its a SINGLE Library with Multiple paths - not less not more!

And if i read the last line "but still both versions appear in the library" it seems to be clear - cause otherwise it would called "librarys".

This feature makes sense (for speeding and for multiple Disks usage).
There is no way to change the lib in a running LMS!
The Only way is disable (aka .flac in the Settings) and use another LMS instance (on another Server) and disable everything execpt .flac there.
But that would called multiple LMS sessions, not multiple Librarys.

Mnyb
2014-02-16, 03:45
There is a plugin by Erland that's called multilibrary , he may have some documentation on his site on how to,use it

erland
2014-02-17, 22:56
Hi,
I have Squeezebox duet. I use it with Logitech media server which run on Zyxel NSA320. How can I made Multilibrary? How can I sort music by files? For example FLAC and MP3?
Thank you!

Jiri

As already mentioned, LMS will still have one library, but with Multi Library together with Custom Browse plugin you can create separate browse menus for different sections of your library, for example one menu to browse MP3 music and one to browse FLAC music.

You will find some tutorials which involve Multi Library plugin on its documentation page on the wiki: http://wiki.slimdevices.org/index.php/Multi_Library_plugin

To separate MP3 and FLAC you would do as follows:
1. Make sure you have installed both Multi Library, Custom Browse and License Manager plugins and make sure you have a valid license for both Multi Library and Custom Browse plugin. You can get a free 30 day evaluation license through the purchase links in License Manager plugin settings page.
2. Goto Extras/Multi Library on the main home screen of LMS
3. Create a new library of type "Standard" and:
- Check "Include file types" = "flc"
- Give it a suitable library name, for example "FLAC library"
4. Save and create another new library of type "Standard" and:
- Check "Include file types" = "mp3"
- Give it a suitable library name, for example "MP3 library"
5. You should now have two new browse menus under "My Music", one "MP3 library" which contains MP3 music and one "FLAC library" which contains FLAC music.

If you want to get rid of the normal browse menus you can install the "Hide Menus" plugin, it makes it possible to hide the normal browse menus so you only have the ones created with Multi Library/Custom Browse plugin.