PDA

View Full Version : 3G streaming via Squeeze Commander/Orange Squeeze in conjunction with Squeeze Player

Shozzer
2014-02-11, 04:36
Hi,

Before I launch into a full description of my issue, are the any UK members of the forum who have a mobile contract with O2 and are able to stream using the above products via 3G? As you can probably deduce I am having difficulties. I have no such difficulties with my wife's phone, however, which is with Orange. If the problem lies with O2 then so be it - the contract is due up in a couple of months and we will have to look elsewhere.

If other members confirm that they do not have a problem with O2 then I will post full details.

Many thanks.

pippin
2014-02-11, 07:15
I don't have first hand experience but I've had reports from iPeng users with similar issues, too.
I believe the problem was that certain port ranges were blocked. If it's port 9000 changing the port might help.

Generally, I'd recommend to try to use a VPN, that can often get you around things like blocked ports and I'm pretty sure I have already used iPeng over VPN with O2 in the UK (roaming)

Shozzer
2014-02-11, 07:46
I don't have first hand experience but I've had reports from iPeng users with similar issues, too.
I believe the problem was that certain port ranges were blocked. If it's port 9000 changing the port might help.

Generally, I'd recommend to try to use a VPN, that can often get you around things like blocked ports and I'm pretty sure I have already used iPeng over VPN with O2 in the UK (roaming)

Thanks for your reply Pippin. I would like to explore the VPN route when I get the time (which might have to be sooner than later). In the meantime I have been trying to puzzle the matter out. What is strange (to me at any rate) is that connecting via 3G and Squeeze Play registers the player in LMS. When I then use Orange Squeeze I am prompted for my user name and password, which it accepts. After that, Orange Squeeze cannot connect and then times out. However, I can stream using the web UI. Whilst this is a work around, it is not so easy to change albums whilst driving - the whole point of this exercise is streaming to my car on my parrot smart head unit. Would that indicate that actually it is not the port that is affecting things? I am currently using the default 9000. I will try changing the port and see if that changes things.

pippin
2014-02-11, 08:02
Actually that's good news because it means the player itself works (SqueezePlayer, I assume?)
So it's not port 3483 which you could not change.

If it's port 9000 (that's how it sounds to me): you can change that in the server and your router.

Shozzer
2014-02-11, 08:42
Actually that's good news because it means the player itself works (SqueezePlayer, I assume?)
So it's not port 3483 which you could not change.

If it's port 9000 (that's how it sounds to me): you can change that in the server and your router.

I am trying port 6000. Unfortunately I have managed to break the connection between work and my server at home so I will have to wait until later to test it.

Shozzer
2014-02-11, 15:23
I am trying port 6000. Unfortunately I have managed to break the connection between work and my server at home so I will have to wait until later to test it.

Port 6000 yielded no success but 10000 works! I will test in the car tomorrow to see if all works ok there.

Thanks for your help this afternoon Pippin.