PDA

View Full Version : Advice or info needed

Nonreality
2014-02-11, 01:22
Using fing on my Nexus 7 to check out all my wireless settings. I found this 9090 Zeus-admin running on my main computer . Is this possibly used by the squeezebox server for my touch? If not, I can't think of anything else it could be needed for. At least anything I want.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jimbobvfr400
2014-02-11, 01:41
The Zeus-admin you mention is actually a rather nasty Trojan used for botnets, stealing passwords and other stuff.

However what I think is happening here is Fing is seeing legitimate traffic on port 9090, which if I recall correctly is used by LMS and its players for control (port 9090 is used for CLI stuff by LMS)

So I'd say this is a false positive from Fing. A quick Google seems to suggest this isn't uncommon and I've a seen posts elsewhere asking a similar question.

Nonreality
2014-02-11, 02:02
The Zeus-admin you mention is actually a rather nasty Trojan used for botnets, stealing passwords and other stuff.

However what I think is happening here is Fing is seeing legitimate traffic on port 9090, which if I recall correctly is used by LMS and its players for control (port 9090 is used for CLI stuff by LMS)

So I'd say this is a false positive from Fing. A quick Google seems to suggest this isn't uncommon and I've a seen posts elsewhere asking a similar question.

I had seen that also and it being the same port as LMS gave me hope it was a miss read. Thank you for your help.

Tamarack gave me this handy App for my Nexus 7 :-)

jimbobvfr400
2014-02-11, 03:21
Presumably if you stop LMS then the use of that port should stop, maybe.

Nonreality
2014-02-18, 19:09
Presumably if you stop LMS then the use of that port should stop, maybe.

That verified it. Shut it off and it disappeared. Thanks.

Tapatalk gave me this handy App for my Nexus 7 :-)