PDA

View Full Version : LMS seems to stop scanning databse

norderney
2014-02-10, 02:07
I added a few more tracks to my music database last night, so I selected the option to resca my music database for new tracks.

However although it started scanning it only seems to get part way through and then seems to stop. Restarted LMS and tried again. Same thing happened. So this morning I rebooted my PC which runs LMS and again nit stopped at the same point.

This is as far as it gets

Scanning Progress
Home > Scanning Progress

This page shows the progress of each phase of the scanning process.
Discovering files/directories: \\WDMYCLOUD\Public\Music (55789 of 55789) Complete 00:22:04
Abort scan
Rescanning Media Library...

Notice it still says Rescanning Media Library.

I am running LMS on a PC running Windows Vista and my music is stored on a WD My Cloud NAS. This configuration has been working fine for me previously.
I use a Transporter for playing the music and I am running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.3 - 1375965195 @ Mon Aug 12 11:14:33 CUT 2013

Total tracks 51,064 Total Albums 3,813 Total artists 7,429

Any ideas?

JJZolx
2014-02-10, 03:43
It would suggest that the tracks you recently added are causing the problem. Stop the scan, move the tracks out of the library and try scanning again. If it works then you'll have to more closely examine those tracks. Maybe how they're tagged is the issue.