PDA

View Full Version : Synology DS214PLAY drive hibernation

JohnnyG
2014-02-08, 18:05
Hi All: I recently got a Synology NAS (DS214play with single WD red 3Tb) to use as my LMS server and for data storage. I'm happy that I was able to get it setup and operating since I'm a novice at this sort of thing. One thing I've noticed is that the drive comes out of hibernation approximately every hour. I currently have the drive set to hibernate after 20 minutes of inactivity. So far, in order to trouble shoot the issue, I've done two things.
1. I disconnected the Ethernet cable, rebooted the NAS and left it that way for a day. This seemed to have no effect on the hibernation issue.
2. I stopped LMS from running. This made the hibernation issue go away.

So now my question... is there a particular setting in LMS that you can suggest that might be causing the drive to wake up?

And a somewhat related question. I currently have the power schedule set to power the NAS off from 12 midnight to 6am. During this time there are no hibernation issues. Is it possible for me to set a power schedule to power down the unit, without powering it up again, and then just rely on WOL to power up the unit when necessary? How would I do that? Would I set a daily power down time with no corresponding power up time?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

axelwin
2014-02-21, 16:08
Hello,
I am having the same problem since few weeks with my ds214.
Strange since for first 2 months i didńt had this problem !
As you, When i stop LMS, my NAS is able to hibernate again.

Not sure but Problem seemed to appear futher to Qobuz plugin update (with searching option enhancement).

Regards