PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a script to start Squeezelite, Squeezeboxserver and spotifyd

hagensieker
2014-01-30, 00:33
I bought a Chromebook and installed Crouton which is Ubuntu Linux. It's a side by side OS thing and it's weird.

squeezeboxserver lives in /usr/sbin
squeezelite lives in /usr/bin
spotifyd lives in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotify/Bin/i386-linux/

So I have this Linux installation inside ChromeOS and I can pass the command

sudo squeezeboxserver to start LMS (7.8)

and I can then start squeezelite. For some reason I have to first
sudo -i

then

sudo squeezelite -o front:CARD=DAC,DEV=0 -n ChromeSqueeze -s 127.0.0.1 -d all=debug

so I did all that and found out the triode spotify plugin wasn't working. Figured as much that the helper app wasn't working and sure enough the settings page said just that.

so I then cd to the directory and do sudo -i then ./spotifyd and it's working like a champ.

On my Linux laptop (another machine) squeezeboxserver just starts all by itself
Squeezelite is started from:

squeezelite -o front:CARD=DAC,DEV=0 -n ChromeSqueeze -s 127.0.0.1 -d all=debug

in /etc/rc.local with no sudo or anything

spotifyd just runs

How can I write a script for this weird setup to start
/usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver
/usr/bin/squeezelite
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotify/Bin/i386-linux/spotifyd

I'm stumped and as you can guess not very good with Linux scripts.

Thanks,

John

DJanGo
2014-01-30, 07:14
Hi

your not needing help 4 a script - you need help for using groups.

squeezelite works without sudo - if user is member of eg. audiogroup

i never heard of a lms plugin that needs to start outside of lms - again you need help in another direction.

But So I have this Linux installation inside ChromeOS and i have no clue what youre talking about -give us some details

hagensieker
2014-01-30, 12:26
my user is a member of the group audio.

Crouton is Ubuntu but it runs in a symbiotic relationship with ChromeOS. It runs under ChromeOS chroots

I just set Linux up under my laptop and what you are saying is exactly true but it doesn't hold true under Crouton on ChromeOS.

I need a script to start all three services. I have to do it manually for all three.

I had done a

sudo /usr/sbin/squeezeboxserver &

in /etc/rc.local and it works on one boot and one boot only. Don't understand at all. Any help with a script is appreciated.

DJanGo
2014-02-01, 03:08
hi

it seems your running a os thats run another os as a thread.
And thats the reason, why you had to add -i to the sudo or why a task cant have any childs (like a plugin)

sorry i dont have your hardware or your strange linux in a box setup.
why dont you root your device and use a real linux inside?