PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Squeezebox remotes ...

slimfast
2014-01-28, 08:22
I'm talking about the small, slim remote with a built-in magnet that came standard with the Boom and was available in a pack with a radio battery. I'm trying to source a couple of these for some new Squeezebox Radios that I bought - that magnet is pretty handy in the kitchen and bathroom.

I can't seem to find them available anywhere, Logitech don't sell them any more. Does anyone have any sources?

garym
2014-01-28, 08:35
I'm talking about the small, slim remote with a built-in magnet that came standard with the Boom and was available in a pack with a radio battery. I'm trying to source a couple of these for some new Squeezebox Radios that I bought - that magnet is pretty handy in the kitchen and bathroom.

I can't seem to find them available anywhere, Logitech don't sell them any more. Does anyone have any sources?

interesting. I never realized they had magnets.

slimfast
2014-01-28, 08:52
interesting. I never realized they had magnets.

Yes, it's magnetic. The one on my Boom sticks to the rubberised mount at the top and will stick on a kitchen fridge or my bath - very thoughtful piece of design since portable players are likely to be used in places like the kitchen or even bathroom.

I just managed to find one on Amazon UK as part of the 'Squeezebox Radio Accessory Pack' so I've ordered that. It was pretty steep at 40 - which hurts since my most recent Radio was bought for 75 - but will come in handy. It was the last one though and I'm still not 100% sure that the 3rd Party vendor will actually have it when time comes to ship. If I get it, I'll probably sell on the battery pack and recoup some costs.

I wouldn't mind another one however so if anyone knows a source ....