PDA

View Full Version : SqueezePlug for Wandboard

truehl
2014-01-27, 02:18
Hi,
I just like to inform you, that I'm in developing SqueezePlug for Wanboard! It looks great so far and has a lot of performance. For now I'm very impressed. It's running on the Quadcore Wandboard, which is slightly expensive, but it looks like a high end alternative to the low cost Raspberry Pi. There is sill some work to do, I hope I can present you a Beta version the next weeks. The developing of SqueezePlug will continued for Raspberry Pi, patch level 7.3 is upcoming. I'll also take a look in the BeagleBone Black and in the very promising Odroid U3.

Thomas

skare
2014-01-28, 01:37
Hi Thomas

That's great news!

Any plans to support the DualCore version of the Wandboard?

Regards
Henrik

marlo
2014-01-28, 08:28
Will the wandboard be powerfull enough to downsample hires files for players like the Radio trat are not able to playback hires files?

truehl
2014-01-28, 11:06
Hi Thomas

That's great news!

Any plans to support the DualCore version of the Wandboard?

Regards
Henrik
I only own a quad core! I think the only differences should be uboot and the kernel, so the root partition should be the same, but it don't know. But we could try it when finished!

Thomas

truehl
2014-01-28, 11:07
Will the wandboard be powerfull enough to downsample hires files for players like the Radio trat are not able to playback hires files?
I think it should be possible!

Thomas

steffen
2014-01-30, 06:36

It is :)
I have also running a Wandboard quad with Debian 7 HardFloat and it works like a charm. CPU load is very small while transcoding (less than 10%).

marlo
2014-01-30, 11:34
Great. I'll keep it on my list.

truehl
2014-01-30, 12:39
It is :)
I have also running a Wandboard quad with Debian 7 HardFloat and it works like a charm. CPU load is very small while transcoding (less than 10%).
Which Debian HF Distro do you use?

Thomas

steffen
2014-01-30, 15:16
I use the one from Robert Nelson: https://github.com/RobertCNelson/netinstall

tried out before the Distribution from http://www.armhf.com but did not find out, how i can switch the kernel.

Kernel 3.13.0 with working WIFI (bluetooth not tested so far).
Has some bugs (weird partitions), but works good for me.

For further information you can contact me via PN in german.

skare
2014-02-03, 05:53
I only own a quad core! I think the only differences should be uboot and the kernel, so the root partition should be the same, but it don't know. But we could try it when finished!

Thomas

Sure if you don't mind guiding me through I'm up for it, just let me know when ready :)

Regards
Henrik

kesey
2014-02-13, 16:00
Thomas, how is your beta of Squeezeplug for Wandboard coming along?

Regards, kesey

asplundj
2016-01-14, 05:07
Is there a squeezeplug image for wandboard dual?