PDA

View Full Version : 500 song playlist limit?

Carolan
2014-01-17, 11:15
Hi, I just upgraded my software from 6.5.4 to 7.7.3 (Squeezebox classic) and started to use my old playlists. My playlists all contain several thousand songs but it seems that the player is limited to 500 songs. Any way around this?

pippin
2014-01-17, 11:21
Settings->Advanced->Performance

Your server should better be fast for several 1000 tracks!

Carolan
2014-01-18, 08:08
Pippin, thanks for the reply but I went to settings, clicked the advanced tab and got a "webpage cannot be found" message; same for the "player" tab (the rest of the tabs are OK). I am not sure where to go from here. Any ideas? (I am using IE 11)

garym
2014-01-18, 09:35
Pippin, thanks for the reply but I went to settings, clicked the advanced tab and got a "webpage cannot be found" message; same for the "player" tab (the rest of the tabs are OK). I am not sure where to go from here. Any ideas? (I am using IE 11)

depending on version of LMS, there were some issues with IE 11. Try firefox or chrome browser and you'll likely see the webpages. Or I think the latest LMS 7.8 works ok with IE 11

Carolan
2014-01-18, 11:04
garym, I installed Firefox and I was able to see the webpages, so thanks, that worked. I can now go settings>advanced>performance and change the maximum number of songs per playlist. Unfortunately I still seem to be limited to a maximum of 500 songs. Maybe I will just have to live with that but I am still curious; the old 6.5.4 had no such limitation and I am using the same hardware.

garym
2014-01-18, 11:14
garym, I installed Firefox and I was able to see the webpages, so thanks, that worked. I can now go settings>advanced>performance and change the maximum number of songs per playlist. Unfortunately I still seem to be limited to a maximum of 500 songs. Maybe I will just have to live with that but I am still curious; the old 6.5.4 had no such limitation and I am using the same hardware.

What version of LMS are you using. I've never had a version that wouldn't allow me to change from 500. When you change do you hit "apply" in the lower right of the settings page? Or do you mean that it shows > 500, but when you look at your playlists it only shows the first 500 songs? What if you set the maximum number to "0". Help info says a 0 means "no limit"

Carolan
2014-01-18, 12:11
What version of LMS are you using. I've never had a version that wouldn't allow me to change from 500. When you change do you hit "apply" in the lower right of the settings page? Or do you mean that it shows > 500, but when you look at your playlists it only shows the first 500 songs? What if you set the maximum number to "0". Help info says a 0 means "no limit"

I am using 7.7.3 software. I have tried entering "0" and "5000" (and hit the "apply" button) and either way it only loads the first 500 songs in my playlist. I just now opened one of my playlists on the left side of the player and it appears that it has been truncated to the first 500 songs. I am going to delete this playlist and try to import a backup copy and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

garym
2014-01-18, 12:13
I am using 7.7.3 software. I have tried entering "0" and "5000" (and hit the "apply" button) and either way it only loads the first 500 songs in my playlist. I just now opened one of my playlists on the left side of the player and it appears that it has been truncated to the first 500 songs. I am going to delete this playlist and try to import a backup copy and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

yes, do test that your actual playlist itself is longer than 500 songs (looking at it from some other source for example)

Carolan
2014-01-18, 12:38
yes, do test that your actual playlist itself is longer than 500 songs (looking at it from some other source for example)

Eureka! Apparently the list had got truncated but I reloaded it and it shows all the songs. Again, thanks for the help!

Fahzz
2014-01-18, 12:48

Question: How do you "import" a playlist?

garym
2014-01-18, 13:49

LMS > Settings > Basic Settings

on this page you see the location of your playlist files. Place a playlist file there in that directory (*.mu3 file for example). Then do a scan so that LMS picks it up, and you'll see it there.

Carolan
2014-01-18, 13:51

I periodically copy my playlists to a "playlist backup folder" so to import a playlist I make a copy from this folder and paste it into the "playlist" folder. I then rescan playlists (settings>basic settings>rescan media library>only scan playlists) and when the scan is over, it shows up in my LMS playlists. There might be an easier way to do this but this is what I do.

mherger
2014-01-19, 13:47
> Pippin, thanks for the reply but I went to settings, clicked the
> advanced tab and got a "webpage cannot be found" message; same for the
> "player" tab (the rest of the tabs are OK). I am not sure where to go
> from here. Any ideas? (I am using IE 11)

You should update to 7.7.4 or 7.8. It's a known issue with IE11.

--

Michael

Fahzz
2014-02-05, 18:32
LMS > Settings > Basic Settings

on this page you see the location of your playlist files. Place a playlist file there in that directory (*.mu3 file for example). Then do a scan so that LMS picks it up, and you'll see it there.

Thanks for this, but I wound up re-installing 7.8, and that solved the problem. Not sure how, but not asking questions either. Fingers crossed...