PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me confirm an ipad logitech app bug?

BJW
2014-01-17, 06:19
I have the free Logitech app on my ipad, and i have playlists made and scanned into 7.7 server.

if i go to playlists on the Logitech app, they work, no problem. but if i save them, (either m3u or m3u8), as faves in server, then when i go to faves on the free app, it just gives me a dead link, meaning the playlists don't work as faves.

can someone please confirm this is true? i just want to rule out it is me doing something wrong.

if it is a bug, or there any hope a dev fixes the app?

pippin
2014-01-17, 08:14
can someone please confirm this is true? i just want to rule out it is me doing something wrong.

Looks like the Favorite doesn't get read back immediately.
I saw the same thing but when I reloaded Favorites it then worked.

if it is a bug, or there any hope a dev fixes the app?
You are kidding, aren't you?
The last update to that App was 1 1/2 years ago, it doesn't even support iPhone 5.

BJW
2014-01-17, 21:02
thanks for confirming... what do you mean by reloaded? closed and relaunched the app? I can't get it to work.

I didn't know no one works on the app, I'm not in the loop. why doesn't it work on iphone 5? it does on ipad air, iOS 7.0.4

pippin
2014-01-17, 22:23
It works on iPhone 5 but it's lacking the launch image for iPhone 5 so it only shows in 3,5"-format (the small iPhone-4-sized window).
Nobody at Logitech bothered to update it and I bet that's a very simple change that could easily be done within a day. After all, the App supports various formats on Android so for a web App that should not be a big change.

I don't know exactly what triggered it. I tried various combinations of adding playlists to favorites with the Logi App and with iPeng and also trying to play them all in both Apps.
It initially didn't work in the Logi App but it eventually did and I believe all I had to do was go back to the main menu within the App and reload the Favorites menu,

BJW
2014-01-17, 23:12
that's interesting, it at least gives me some ideas and some hope. what I had done was made the playlists faves in the webui, and then tried to access in the app. so maybe a different approach will work to making them faves, like from inside the app. thanks!