PDA

View Full Version : RaspberryPi Squeezeplug can't see network share

chilump
2014-01-12, 19:20
I store my music on computer and I share the folder across my network. I entered the IP address and the path in squeezebox setup but when I try to see my music in the browser its not showing up. What am I missing?

castalla
2014-01-13, 03:40
I store my music on computer and I share the folder across my network. I entered the IP address and the path in squeezebox setup but when I try to see my music in the browser its not showing up. What am I missing?

More info needed!

Are you using SqP 6.02 or the new 7 ??

Is the computer a Mac?

Is the folder password protected?

chilump
2014-01-13, 08:42
More info needed!

Are you using SqP 6.02 or the new 7 ??

Is the computer a Mac?

Is the folder password protected?

I am using the new 7

The computer is Windows 7

The folder is not password protected.

Thanks for your help!

castalla
2014-01-13, 08:51
I am using the new 7

The computer is Windows 7

The folder is not password protected.

Thanks for your help!

Okay - so you are entering 'guest' as the user with a blank password?

There was a problem with the original 7 version - you need to update to the latest version (from the main setup menu).

Try the music library setup again - see if it works now.

chilump
2014-01-13, 12:12
Okay - so you are entering 'guest' as the user with a blank password?

There was a problem with the original 7 version - you need to update to the latest version (from the main setup menu).

Try the music library setup again - see if it works now.

Are you referring to the windows log on page or squeezebox login?

I believe I have the latest version because i downloaded it yesterday from the download page. I'll check again.

castalla
2014-01-13, 12:24
Are you referring to the windows log on page or squeezebox login?

I believe I have the latest version because i downloaded it yesterday from the download page. I'll check again.

Get to the squeezeplug setup page - Basic Configuration - Update Squeezeplug

You have to set up the music library using the setup menu - choose Samba server and add the required info (with guest as the user).

chilump
2014-01-14, 06:29
Get to the squeezeplug setup page - Basic Configuration - Update Squeezeplug

You have to set up the music library using the setup menu - choose Samba server and add the required info (with guest as the user).

I think i'm almost there. I updated squeezeplug, setup samba through the media share settings, entered the login information from my windows 7 machine into squeezeplug's after entering the ip address and path. All this and still not seeing the share drive in squeezeplug.

I did see another option for enabling samba in the squeezeplug setup. Am I supposed to install that on the squeezeplug as well?

castalla
2014-01-14, 06:51
I think i'm almost there. I updated squeezeplug, setup samba through the media share settings, entered the login information from my windows 7 machine into squeezeplug's after entering the ip address and path. All this and still not seeing the share drive in squeezeplug.

I did see another option for enabling samba in the squeezeplug setup. Am I supposed to install that on the squeezeplug as well?

No need to install Samba on SP7.

Do you know how to edit a file on the Pi? This is the only option left!

You need to check what the last line in /etc/fstab says. Report back here.

chilump
2014-01-14, 08:44
No need to install Samba on SP7.

Do you know how to edit a file on the Pi? This is the only option left!

You need to check what the last line in /etc/fstab says. Report back here.

I do not but I will google it and try. I was getting an etc/fstab error message. Something about line 54 i think

castalla
2014-01-14, 08:51
I do not but I will google it and try. I was getting an etc/fstab error message. Something about line 54 i think

Your best route is to install WinSCP on your PC. This wil let you login to the Pi and see the file structures - a bit like Explorer. You can get to the /etc folder and double click on the file fstab. This will open an editor where you can copy the last line. Don't edit anything yet!

truehl
2014-01-14, 12:55
This issue is solved with patch 7.01. Please update and try again!

Thomas

chilump
2014-01-15, 05:52
Your best route is to install WinSCP on your PC. This wil let you login to the Pi and see the file structures - a bit like Explorer. You can get to the /etc folder and double click on the file fstab. This will open an editor where you can copy the last line. Don't edit anything yet!

So I gave up and decided to run the server on a computer that was hosting my shared music. Not sure why I did't do this before. I'll just use my pi as a client.

Thanks for taking the time to help me. Even though I did not solve the problem I learned something new!