PDA

View Full Version : Can not play ACC

robertv
2014-01-02, 08:04
Hej!
For some reason I can not play AAC files. They work just fine with Winamp and Foobar so the files must be ok. Foobar say the Codec is ACC and Codec profile is ACC LC. I have searched the net about this and found only answers realting to Linux servers.

I run the server on a Windows 8 PC (64bit).
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2.
Player is Duet

/Robert

jimbobvfr400
2014-01-02, 08:09
Do you mean AAC files, I've not heard of ACC?

If AAC are they perhaps DRM files, if they are then they won't play on a Squeezebox I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Apesbrain
2014-01-02, 08:11
Is the file extension .M4A or something else?

robertv
2014-01-02, 08:34
Do you mean AAC files, I've not heard of ACC?

If AAC are they perhaps DRM files, if they are then they won't play on a Squeezebox I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Yes, sorry about the spelling error, AAC files. I do not think they are DRM. Is there a way to see this?

robertv
2014-01-02, 08:34
Is the file extension .M4A or something else?
No AAC.

robertv
2014-01-02, 08:37
Should have added this from the start...

Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable: Can't use an undefined value as a SCALAR reference at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Formats/Movie.pm line 178.

JohnB
2014-01-02, 09:10
Have you checked the AAC Filetype options in Settings/Advanced/File Types?

What are the Stream Format and Decode settings for AAC (i.e. for AAC in the left column)?

robertv
2014-01-02, 09:50
Have you checked the AAC Filetype options in Settings/Advanced/File Types?

What are the Stream Format and Decode settings for AAC (i.e. for AAC in the left column)?
They are "out of the box":
"Ursprungligt" means original.
For all the only other option is "deactivate".

JohnB
2014-01-02, 12:23
As far as I can tell (looking at the downloaded manual for my old Duet), the Duet does not natively support AAC but it will play AAC transcoded by LMS.

If that is so, I suggest testing to see whether changing the AAC Stream Format box to "Disabled" (or "deactivated") helps.

(I have certainly played AAC files on the Duet, transcoded by LMS. You might find that there is no navigation within the file - i.e. it starts at the beginning and carries on to the end unless stopped. If that is the case wrapping the AAC in an m4a or mp4 container will solve that issue.)

bpa
2014-01-02, 13:40
Should have added this from the start...

Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Slimproto::client_readable: Can't use an undefined value as a SCALAR reference at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Formats/Movie.pm line 178.

Does this error appear each time you try to play ?

The Duet does not support AAC so the file will be transcoded by the "faad" application but the above error looks like it is possible that LMS has not even started the trancoding process.

Was this LMS a clean install or was it an upgrade ?
Is the LMS install unmodified (i.e. no chamnges and no plugins installed) or have any of the conf files or other files been changed/installed perhaps in an effort to fix this problem ?