PDA

View Full Version : Slim Devices Transporter Black for Sale

mbarrien
2013-12-25, 16:00
A long time (6 years+) Squeezebox (have had 2 of the originals), Touch (have 2), and Transporter (have 1) user and forum lurker, now posting for the first time.

For sale is my Slim Devices Transporter in Black. Purchased directly from Slim Devices 5 years (or so) ago.

I have the remote control and the manual, but not the original box. Everything works, unit was not often touched because I controlled it through my computer or my iPad.

I am selling because I have dramatically downsized into a 600 SQ/ft condo in San Francisco (already sold are my B&W 805s and for sale are my Rotel separates). I have replaced it with two Squeezebox Touch's, each driving an original B&W Zepplin in the two rooms of the condo--now that is downsizing.

Pictures and listing on Audiogon for $900 (search for Transporter), but will consider any reasonable offer. Local auditions are welcome, and local pickup preferred.

Thanks!

Michael

mbarrien
2013-12-25, 16:06
The Audiogon URL:

https://app.audiogon.com/listings/media-servers-logitech-slim-devices-transporter-network-music-player-perfect-condition-2013-12-24-computer-audio-94107-san-francisco-ca

Michael

mbarrien
2013-12-27, 10:50
Does anyone have any feedback on what a 5 year old Transporter is worth today?

Thanks!

Michael

garym
2013-12-27, 11:08
Does anyone have any feedback on what a 5 year old Transporter is worth today?

Thanks!

Michael

hard to say, but I'd guess $800 is too much. The internal DAC with balanced outs, etc. can be bested these days with newer technology DAC paired with a TOUCH. On the otherhand, TOUCH players have gotten more expensive second hand since they were discontinued. I'm guessing about $500 is the sweet spot.

mbarrien
2014-01-04, 20:54
Transporter has been sold. The sweet spot is more in the $600 to $700 dollar range.

Michael

garym
2014-01-04, 21:01
Good to hear, not that I'd sell mine. ;-)