PDA

View Full Version : JASONRPC errors, and Unable to get players from SN: malformed JSON string ??

yeomanspc
2013-12-17, 12:48
I'm trying to get MusicIP running on a QNAP, and looking through logs for clues I am finding a bunch of errors as below, consistently appearing.
Are these indicating a serious issue, and how do I find out what is causing them?..

[13-12-17 15:17:39.6508] main::init (355) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.8.0, 1385035599, Mon Nov 25 19:18:59 PST 2013) perl 5.010000
[13-12-17 15:17:40.3024] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning: [15:17:40.3022] DBIx::Class::ResultSet::update_or_create(): Query returned more than one row. SQL that returns multiple rows is DEPRECATED for ->find and ->single at /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema.pm line 1891
[13-12-17 15:17:44.0087] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (337) Unable to get players from SN: malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "<html>nt<head>ntt<ti...") at /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/SqueezeNetwork/Players.pm line 97.
, retrying in 2580 seconds

[13-12-17 15:17:46.2725] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[13-12-17 15:17:46.7050] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_player s_error (337) Unable to get players from SN: malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "<html>nt<head>ntt<ti...") at /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/SqueezeNetwork/Players.pm line 97.
, retrying in 2640 seconds

It then retries every 3000 seconds or so.

Error seems to come from Players.pm, line 97?

pippin
2013-12-17, 12:53
Try to restart the server (software). That usually helps.
But only do it, if you really have a problem, otherwise it's harmless.
A problem would be that you can't access online services.

yeomanspc
2013-12-17, 14:12
Try to restart the server (software). That usually helps.
But only do it, if you really have a problem, otherwise it's harmless.
A problem would be that you can't access online services.

Thanks,
I have restarted several times. I also have 2 x NAS (1 as backup) and both have the same issue, and it appears have for quite some time. But not so for the Windows server, so I do not think it is a local network issue. Also, one of the machines is on a DMZ so not going through the router firewall, and they are on different WANs

Roland0
2013-12-18, 08:03
Thanks,
I have restarted several times. I also have 2 x NAS (1 as backup) and both have the same issue, and it appears have for quite some time. But not so for the Windows server, so I do not think it is a local network issue. Also, one of the machines is on a DMZ so not going through the router firewall, and they are on different WANs

It still might be a network issue. What happens is that LMS tries to contact mysqueezebox.com to get a list of your players, and expects a JSON-formatted response. Instead, it gets a web page (that's the "<html><head>..." part in the error msg). Ususally, this means that something (router etc.) blocks it from accessing msb.com and returns an error/info page instead.

Try running

wget -O - http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/v1/players
from your server (as the same user as LMS) and check it's output.

It should be something like

{"players":[],"error":"Session cookie required","strings" ....

but I'd suspect you'll get some web page instead.

mherger
2013-12-18, 08:28
> It still might be a network issue. What happens is that LMS tries to
> contact mysqueezebox.com to get a list of your players, and expects a
> JSON-formatted response. Instead, it gets a web page (that's the
> "<html><head>..." part in the error msg). Ususally, this means that
> something (router etc.) blocks it from accessing msb.com and returns an
> error/info page instead.

I've been a bit unresponsive the past few days... as we were hit by more
issues than the rest of the year :-(. One of them being a disk failure
which could have caused above error message when LMS tried to get the
player list. I saw this on my system as well. That issue should be
resolved by now, and therefore you hopefully no longer get those messages.

--
--

Michael

yeomanspc
2013-12-20, 17:09
>
I've been a bit unresponsive the past few days... as we were hit by more
issues than the rest of the year :-(. One of them being a disk failure
which could have caused above error message when LMS tried to get the
player list. I saw this on my system as well. That issue should be
resolved by now, and therefore you hopefully no longer get those messages.
Michael

Thank you Michael - I just restarted both servers and the logs are clean for a few days now. Doesn't help me solve the Musicip issue though! It must be the time of year - I've had 3 disks fail in the last month (different systems)