PDA

View Full Version : [RPi/Squeezeplug] Distributing Audio-In to remote Speakers

sevenflip
2013-12-08, 15:13
Hello everybody,

I am currently looking for a multiroom audio system. I am more and more coming to the conclusion that Squeezeplug on multiple RaspberryPi's may be the best solution for me - one server, multiple clients. (Or perhaps XBMC and UPnP-clients, but I tried that already with XBMC on windows and two android phones with several UPnP-renderer apps .. didn't work so good.)
But I was not able to find an answer to one special question, for none of the two possibilities: I want to put my server under my TV (which has bad quality speakers). I'd like to connect my TV's audio-out/headphone-connector to the audio input of my server (e.g. on a usb-soundcard for the RPi). Then I'd like to stream the TV's sound in realtime (well so that I dont hear any delays) to any of my remote client speakers.
Of course, the "normal" multiroom audio stuff should be able to run at the same time.

What do you experts say? Is it possible? Perhaps I can read my audio-input as some kind of mp3-stream and play this with my remote speakers?
Thanks for any ideas!
-sevenflip

Mnyb
2013-12-08, 16:50
Hello everybody,

I am currently looking for a multiroom audio system. I am more and more coming to the conclusion that Squeezeplug on multiple RaspberryPi's may be the best solution for me - one server, multiple clients. (Or perhaps XBMC and UPnP-clients, but I tried that already with XBMC on windows and two android phones with several UPnP-renderer apps .. didn't work so good.)
But I was not able to find an answer to one special question, for none of the two possibilities: I want to put my server under my TV (which has bad quality speakers). I'd like to connect my TV's audio-out/headphone-connector to the audio input of my server (e.g. on a usb-soundcard for the RPi). Then I'd like to stream the TV's sound in realtime (well so that I dont hear any delays) to any of my remote client speakers.
Of course, the "normal" multiroom audio stuff should be able to run at the same time.

What do you experts say? Is it possible? Perhaps I can read my audio-input as some kind of mp3-stream and play this with my remote speakers?
Thanks for any ideas!
-sevenflip

Yes and NO , there is a wav input plugin but the delay is quite large so it's useless for video .

toby10
2013-12-09, 06:21
Just get a decent sound bar for the TV and/or a regular 5.1 surround system AVR and speakers (if desired).
Then you can use your server (no need to be in same room as TV) for music distribution and TV video service.