PDA

View Full Version : Streaming from any source to LMS?

Mart1
2013-12-07, 07:25
It would be awesome to send the sound from my AV-system through LMS to all music zones in the house. Anyone, is it possible?

aubuti
2013-12-07, 09:19
Do you mean as in sending the audio from a movie or tv around the house? It is possible, but there is usually some latency, so the audio wouldn't be sync'd with the video. Not a problem in the rooms without the tv, but probably unbearable (or at least sub-optimal) for trying to watch the video/movie.

Mnyb
2013-12-08, 00:59
And it ha to be done at the server the players have no inputs .

The wav input plugin can work with anything else making sound on the server .

But latency can be more than 30 seconds

Mart1
2013-12-08, 09:50
Thanks,

So if I go through the SB-receiver in the tv-room as well, then all zones would be synced? But then no 5.1 in the tv-room.
In practice I guess I should forget about it. wav sounds like not so good quality, but I am still curious: how is it done?

Julf
2013-12-08, 10:31
So if I go through the SB-receiver in the tv-room as well, then all zones would be synced?

Yes, but not with the TV picture, better leave the AV alone.

wav sounds like not so good quality, but I am still curious: how is it done?

Wav should sound just as good as flac - why wouldn't it?

erland
2013-12-08, 23:25
It would be awesome to send the sound from my AV-system through LMS to all music zones in the house. Anyone, is it possible?

Not sure if I'm missing something but it feels like this is something you typically do with the Wave Input plugin.

As already mentioned, it doesn't work if you plan to use it with video because then the audio and video won't be synched.