PDA

View Full Version : Beats Music to replace MOG..Where does that leave Squeezebox?

jmsent
2013-12-04, 13:45
Just got an email about Beats Music coming online in January. I'm assuming this will coincide with shutting down of MOG, since Beats owns MOG. I'm also betting the result will be that the replacement for MOG will not be available over squeezebox devices. Anybody have any ideas about this? Looks like I might have to revert back to Spotify.

garym
2013-12-05, 04:51
Just got an email about Beats Music coming online in January. I'm assuming this will coincide with shutting down of MOG, since Beats owns MOG. I'm also betting the result will be that the replacement for MOG will not be available over squeezebox devices. Anybody have any ideas about this? Looks like I might have to revert back to Spotify.

I switched back to spotify a year ago, mostly to be prepared for a potential mysb.com shutdown. Spotify (triodes3rd party) doesn't require mysb.com. MOG does.

dsm1212
2014-01-16, 07:19
I switched back to spotify a year ago, mostly to be prepared for a potential mysb.com shutdown. Spotify (triodes3rd party) doesn't require mysb.com. MOG does.

Spotify only lets me play one song at a time so if I have two players they have to play the same thing. MOG does not have this limitation. It's a huge limitation if you are serving up phones and ipads. With 5 people in my house I'd have to pay spotify $50/month instead of the $5 I pay MOG. For $8/month I get netflix and every tv in my house can use it as well as mobile devices at the same time. The impact on netflix to deliver that content is much much higher than a few audio streams. Spotify is just being greedy. So spotify is not a substitute, nor is it a good buy. No info yet on how beats will work and then we'd have to have someone develop a plugin too. Sigh.

steve

Julf
2014-01-16, 08:05
Spotify only lets me play one song at a time

Premium lets you have multiple players.

fuzzyT
2014-01-16, 09:10
Beats Music has now officially released their launch date: January 21,

I'm a MOG premium subscriber, but have seen no official information
about a shutdown.

Does this mean that both services will run side-by-side for a time? Or
is Beats just protecting the last few days of that MOG revenue stream?
How will they attempt to convert MOG customers to Beats Music customers?

It all remains to be seen, but we should know more within the week.

jmsent
2014-01-16, 09:15
Beats Music has now officially released their launch date: January 21,

I'm a MOG premium subscriber, but have seen no official information
about a shutdown.

Does this mean that both services will run side-by-side for a time? Or
is Beats just protecting the last few days of that MOG revenue stream?
How will they attempt to convert MOG customers to Beats Music customers?

It all remains to be seen, but we should know more within the week.

I have the same questions. They're not releasing any info at all. Maybe they'll run them together for a while, but I have to believe MOG's days are ultimately numbered.

garym
2014-01-16, 09:24
Premium lets you have multiple players.

I thought so too. I'll have to check when home, but I have the 9.99 spotify premium and I recall being able to play different songs to squeezeboxes, computer app, and iphone app all at the same time.

fuzzyT
2014-01-16, 09:26
> I have the same questions. They're not releasing any info at all. Maybe
> they'll run them together for a while, but I have to believe MOG's days
> are ultimately numbered.

I agree. Which leads to the real nut of the question: How well will the
Beats Music applications support the way I like to use the service?

My most prominent modes of usage are:

1) Ad-hoc listening to tracks that I'm reading about. I mostly use the
mobile apps for this.

2) Also on mobile: Pre-downloading full albums, as a buffer - but also
as a reminder/favorites list. Listening from this list later on as I'm
wanting to choose from records I've already selected, rather than the
complete universe of offerings. Sort of a time-shifted self-curation.

3) On Squeezebox: searching for an album and playing sync'd throughout
the house.

I'm hopeful that the BM app (terrible initials!) will have some features
that will support 1) and 2).

I suspect that 3) may be a goner, unless there are APIs that a helpful
community developer could leverage to bring BM into the SB ecosystem.

--rt

dsm1212
2014-01-16, 10:14
I thought so too. I'll have to check when home, but I have the 9.99 spotify premium and I recall being able to play different songs to squeezeboxes, computer app, and iphone app all at the same time.

Well it didn't work on the trial I just did in November, but two of you have said it does so maybe it was a trial limitation? That would be a poor trial system because that's why I chose MOG. I'm speaking specifically about multiple users hitting the LMS server. Maybe it's a limitation of the triad Spotify plugin?

steve

garym
2014-01-16, 10:33
Well it didn't work on the trial I just did in November, but two of you have said it does so maybe it was a trial limitation? That would be a poor trial system because that's why I chose MOG. I'm speaking specifically about multiple users hitting the LMS server. Maybe it's a limitation of the triad Spotify plugin?

steve

I'll have to test again to be sure. I never used the trial version so not sure about it either. In my own use case, I'm the only user (wife doesn't bother) and I don't listen to different things in different rooms (always synched), so the issue doesn't really ever come up. There are differences between the Logitech app and Triode's app...perhaps multiusers/playing different songs is one of them.

pippin
2014-01-16, 10:34
Yes, only Touch and Radio are supposed to work with more than one stream at a time, the 3rd party plugin definitely does not.

garym
2014-01-16, 10:38
Yes, only Touch and Radio are supposed to work with more than one stream at a time, the 3rd party plugin definitely does not.

I was probably using the logitech app when I tested this in the past (with Touch and Radio)

pippin
2014-01-16, 10:46
That's why I wrote "supposed to" I know it did work in the past but hearing reports it doesn't anymore for some people.
Have to test it myself, again.

Mnyb
2014-01-16, 12:47
Hmm Spotify does allow 3 devices for premium .

Maybe thats the problem , you sort of forgot about your phone and desktop or something else .

3 devices is not much especially if you are a family .

Don't know what happens if a squeezebox gets kicked out with oficial app ? Do you have restart it or something .

Triodes app is nice enough to log off when your not playing .

dsm1212
2014-01-17, 10:24
I'm thinking of trying last.fm. It looks like the service supports multiple devices. Does the LMS plugin support multiple playback for last.fm?

toby10
2014-01-18, 03:04
.... Does the LMS plugin support multiple playback for last.fm?

Yes, but again you must subscribe first.

Ikabob
2014-01-18, 10:52
I am curious as to why MOG is shutting down.
I have many playlists that have many MOG selections. I guess those will no longer be playable???
Will my subscription automatically be transferred over to the new station? And lastly, how did anyone get the idea that MOG is actually shutting down ( I have never heard anything about this except some unofficial speculation).
Thank you.

garym
2014-01-18, 10:54
I am curious as to why MOG is shutting down.
I have many playlists that have many MOG selections. I guess those will no longer be playable???
Will my subscription automatically be transferred over to the new station? And lastly, how did anyone get the idea that MOG is actually shutting down ( I have never heard anything about this except some unofficial speculation).
Thank you.

I think people are just guessing because Beats has purchased MOG. I could be wrong (haven't done a full search on the facts)

Ikabob
2014-01-18, 11:35
I think people are just guessing because Beats has purchased MOG. I could be wrong (haven't done a full search on the facts)

I am sorry if I have to lose MOG.
I enjoy the large numbers of selections and also the high bitrate stream.
Rhapsody is comparable but not a high stream.
From what I remember about Spotify, it will not synch with SBBoom in the mix...but I'm not sure about this. Plus don't you have to have a special plug in for Spotify to be fully functional...??? Not sure.

garym
2014-01-18, 11:45
I am sorry if I have to lose MOG.
I enjoy the large numbers of selections and also the high bitrate stream.
Rhapsody is comparable but not a high stream.
From what I remember about Spotify, it will not synch with SBBoom in the mix...but I'm not sure about this. Plus don't you have to have a special plug in for Spotify to be fully functional... Not sure.

I moved from MOG to Spotify after logitech announced the discontinuation of the SB line. I liked the fact that the 3rd Party Triode's Spotify plugin worked *without* the need for mysqueezebox.com. With Triode's plugin in LMS, you can play spotify with new (radio/touch) and older players (SB3, Boom, Transporter). So, yes, you can synch booms, etc. (but you need Triode's plugin not the logitech official spotify plugin).

Most of the songs I stream on Spotify are high bitrate (320 OGG). Some are 256k. I mostly use spotify to listen to things I might want to buy, or an occasional one-off listening. I also use when travelling on iphone, etc. I don't build massive playlists. My playlists are just place where I save albums I search for so I can easily find them again.

In my opinion, all these streaming services should be considered "short term" music "collections" at best. That is, none of them are likely to last more than 5 years without going under, being bought (and changed), etc. This business is still in its infancy and lots of change is to be expected. A nice app someone could develop is something to save all your playlists built on (MOG, Spotify, Rhapsody, etc.) and allow you to move to a different service and try to have that service automatically recreate your playlists to the extent possible.

Grumpy Bob
2014-01-18, 22:09
In my opinion, all these streaming services should be considered "short term" music "collections" at best. That is, none of them are likely to last more than 5 years without going under, being bought (and changed), etc. This business is still in its infancy and lots of change is to be expected. A nice app someone could develop is something to save all your playlists built on (MOG, Spotify, Rhapsody, etc.) and allow you to move to a different service and try to have that service automatically recreate your playlists to the extent possible.

I think this point is absolutely right. I use Spotify and last.fm as a means to listen to new music - things I like I will buy, either in physical format or as download. It's a cash-flow to artists and labels that tends to be overlooked in discussions about the Spotify business model and the revenue flow from Spotify to artists (I've been a Premium Spotify subscriber for nearly a year now, and it's increased my purchase rate of new music considerably).

Robert

fuzzyT
2014-01-20, 13:12
From MOG's Twitter account: MOG will not be shut down on Jan. 21st.

More news to follow.

https://twitter.com/mogdotcom

mherger
2014-01-20, 13:18
> From MOG's Twitter account: MOG will not be shut down on Jan. 21st.

....but only on the 22nd. Just kidding :-).

Short as it is, that phrase must be the result of never ending meetings
with marketing and legal. How do we tell the truth without saying anything?

--

Michael

fuzzyT
2014-01-20, 14:17
Yeah, hard to say what's going on.

Guessing they've been too slammed putting together the new service to
give much thought to the old MOG.

I hadn't seen any communication about what they were planing, and if
they shutting down MOG, how they were planning to transition those
customers.

It seems good that they're giving it a bit more time. That sure beats
(Beats!) just doing a reflexive, thoughtless shut down.

wpf7
2014-01-21, 05:05
"Will MOG shut down?
Yes. After April 15th, MOG will no longer be available in the US. Monthly billing will stop on March 15th and yearly subscriptions will be refunded on a prorated basis. "

And there you have it.

aubuti
2014-01-21, 05:21
"Will MOG shut down?
Yes. After April 15th, MOG will no longer be available in the US. Monthly billing will stop on March 15th and yearly subscriptions will be refunded on a prorated basis. "

And there you have it.
Right, except that excerpt omits the part about the new service that is replacing MOG. See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?100758-Goodbye!&p=768656#post768656 for more info.

pippin
2014-01-21, 06:44
Hm, call me a cynic, but that "human curated music" part is the one I like the least, it sounds like "we will try to bring the old 'record companies buy their way to user's ears' business model back to the modern age'"

I do listen to music "curated" by actual humans I know and trust - my friends with a taste as well as music blogs - and all I need for that are services with an open API so that these people can openly share links. Something currently delivered by SoundCloud and Spotify.

For this reason already MOG - who where asking for an NDA to allow me to share their links, probably the reason nobody ever does it - was a brain-dead service from my POV and probably one of the reasons they failed.

jmsent
2014-01-21, 07:05
Just got this from Beats Music:

Thanks sincerely for your loyalty to MOG. It means everything to us that you stuck with us while we created the next generation of streaming music services, Beats Music, using the great foundation of the MOG team and product. As you may know, Beats purchased MOG more than a year ago because we too were in love with its fidelity, simplicity, and mobile capabilities. Our goal was to go a step beyond where MOG or any other service had gone, to be more than a server, to be of service to the listener. We wanted to build an app that helped us discover music the way we discover music, through trusted curators, but that uses computers for what they’re good at, personalizing an experience to bring the right song, right now.
The result is Beats Music, an app now available for iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, Web, and Sonos, an app that not only has all the on-demand subscription features you came to love in MOG but also more ways to find the right song to listen to right now than any other app on the planet. With Beats Music you should always be one hand and a maximum of five seconds away from something great to listen to without needing to think or type in a search box. If you’d like to search or build your own playlist, please do. But on those many moments when you’re looking for a quick fix, Beats Music delivers.

My reply:
Dear Mr. Rogers

There is a substantial group of MOG subscribers who chose the MOG service because of a smart decision that MOG made a couple of years back. This decision was to provide a way to interface the MOG service with the Logitech Squeezebox music server system that would provide control and listening through the Squeezebox hardware. Basically it was a plug in that could be activated in the users local server (computer) that then allowed you to access MOG directly through any Squeezebox in your house. MOG did this at the request of Squeezebox users and we have remained loyal. When MOG goes dark, I suspect this capability will not extend to Beats music. If that is correct, then that entire group of MOG users will switch to the only other service with 320k files that is Squeezebox accessible. And that service is Spotify. I don’t even know if it’s possible for Beats to create such an interface today, because Logitech’s support of the Squeezebox architecture has suffered dramatically. Still, there’s a huge universe of these network streamers worldwide and a lot of people loved listening to MOG over them. Maybe you can check with your network group to see what plans there are (if any) to keep these customers. Thanks for your consideration.

John S.
A loyal MOG listener

Can't say we didn't try!

jhonsberger@msn.com
2014-01-21, 09:13
"Will MOG shut down?

And there you have it.

Yeah one of the reasons I switched to Spotify is because of Triode's Spotify plugin .I switched about a year ago
because I knew this was gonna happen

jhonsberger@msn.com
2014-01-21, 09:14
Hm, call me a cynic, but that "human curated music" part is the one I like the least, it sounds like "we will try to bring the old 'record companies buy their way to user's ears' business model back to the modern age'"

I do listen to music "curated" by actual humans I know and trust - my friends with a taste as well as music blogs - and all I need for that are services with an open API so that these people can openly share links. Something currently delivered by SoundCloud and Spotify.

For this reason already MOG - who where asking for an NDA to allow me to share their links, probably the reason nobody ever does it - was a brain-dead service from my POV and probably one of the reasons they failed.

Yes ,yes and yes.

maxmingus
2014-01-21, 11:11
If you want Beats Music to get the message to support Squeezebox, send them an email. The address is hi @ beatsmusic.com The more people they hear from, the higher creating the integration will become on their to do list. Do it now while it's on your mind.

jimbobvfr400
2014-01-21, 11:50
I did read somewhere but can't remember where, that Beats do intend to have an open API, just not straight away. This could be good for a potential 3rd party plugin in the future.

ETA it was this thread

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=768544

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jmsent
2014-01-21, 12:12
If you want Beats Music to get the message to support Squeezebox, send them an email. The address is hi @ beatsmusic.com The more people they hear from, the higher creating the integration will become on their to do list. Do it now while it's on your mind.

That is what I did, and I copied the response here a few posts up. I agree. The more they hear from us, the more inclined they will be to take action. I'm just concerned it won't be possible due to lack of resources on the Logitech side of the equation.

paulster
2014-01-21, 23:14
I wrote to them as well, pointing out that I'd simply be moving to Spotify rather than giving Beats a chance if they aren't going to continue support for Squeezebox. My vote alone won't count for much, but hopefully lots of people will get in touch with them.

jhonsberger@msn.com
2014-01-22, 11:54
Cant stand the Beats Music app on my iphone .Tried it and much prefer either Spotify or MOG.

For someone who has used both,Beats has a terrible interface,poorer audio quality and less music discovery.
No ipad app or computer app either .

For a company that was touting this music service as the new standard for music listening, I can completely
say it is a failure at this point.

What's up with having to select little moving bubbles with genres in them?Cute but cant stand it.

garym
2014-01-22, 11:56
Cant stand the Beats Music app on my iphone .Tried it and much prefer either Spotify or MOG.

For someone who has used both,Beats has a terrible interface,poorer audio quality and less music discovery.
No ipad app or computer app either .

For a company that was touting this music service as the new standard for music listening, I can completely
say it is a failure at this point.

What's up with having to select little moving bubbles with genres in them?Cute but cant stand it.

not surprising, given that they are selling overpriced average sounding (at best) headphones that just look cool (at least, they look cool to certain consumers).

toby10
2014-01-23, 03:22
not surprising, given that they are selling overpriced average sounding (at best) headphones that just look cool (at least, they look cool to certain consumers).

Beats is Monster Brand, 'nuff said. ;)

wpf7
2014-01-23, 04:16
That is what I did, and I copied the response here a few posts up. I agree. The more they hear from us, the more inclined they will be to take action. I'm just concerned it won't be possible due to lack of resources on the Logitech side of the equation.

Stephanie Gasca (Beats Music Support) support@beatsmusic.zendesk.com

Jan 22 18:20

Thanks for reaching out!

We currently don't offer our service through Squeezebox but it is definitely something that we are working on and hope to offer in the near future. Stay tuned!

However, we encourage you to take advantage of our free 7 day trial. Everyone who registers this week will get an additional seven days added to their trial!

We're looking forward to you joining our Beats Music community! Let us know if you have anymore questions.
-Stephanie

Beats Music Listener Support

garym
2014-01-23, 04:21
Stephanie Gasca (Beats Music Support) support@beatsmusic.zendesk.com

We currently don't offer our service through Squeezebox but it is definitely something that we are working on and hope to offer in the near future. Stay tuned!

Reminds me of the almost exact "nice" message I get after my annual inquiry on an app for accessing Wolfgang's Vault (concert vault) for live shows. Sonos has access for 4 or more years, but never an app for squeezebox. But they (wolfgang's) are always "definitely working on it". I suspect customer care reps idea of "working" on something is a lot different from our interpretation of "yes, we know exactly what you're talking about and the technical work is being done as we speak". I'm willing to bet you could send an email to her that said you want service on your "insert made up system here" and they would say "we don't offer it, but it is definitely something we're working on." :(

aubuti
2014-01-23, 07:42
Beats is Monster Brand, 'nuff said. ;)
Well, it used to be. Lots of good reasons not to like Monster, from their overpriced crap products to their legal bullying of smaller outfits like Blue Jeans Cable. Before I ever heard Beats headphones I didn't like them because of the Monster association -- testing a pair out only transformed that prejudice into an empirically-based negative opinion. (No, I didn't do a double-blind listening test.)

Anyway, Beats is no longer Monster Brand, and I've gotta give kudos to Beats for the way they ate Monster's lunch. It's good to see the bully take one on the chin(*): http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-dre-the-inside-story-of-how-monster-lost-the-world

(*) sometimes even if it's from a bigger bully

pavowren
2014-01-24, 12:42
Well, it used to be. Lots of good reasons not to like Monster, from their overpriced crap products to their legal bullying of smaller outfits like Blue Jeans Cable. Before I ever heard Beats headphones I didn't like them because of the Monster association -- testing a pair out only transformed that prejudice into an empirically-based negative opinion. (No, I didn't do a double-blind listening test.)

Anyway, Beats is no longer Monster Brand, and I've gotta give kudos to Beats for the way they ate Monster's lunch. It's good to see the bully take one on the chin(*): http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-dre-the-inside-story-of-how-monster-lost-the-world

(*) sometimes even if it's from a bigger bully

like many of you, i too have been concerned about the impending demise of mog and wondering about playing music through the Touch.
i must admit my prior perceptions about monster cables and beats brand were, simply put, not so good.
and now, i read about the lurid business history behind these two operations.
i will most likely pack up my mog playlists over to spotify and hope for the best.

i have been on spotify last two days or so and it's been overall impressive
especially the native windows app. some quirks but generally very functional and attractive.
some apps within spotify are good; e.g., blue note for jazz, etc.
few negatives so far:
no way to save favorite albums or artists, just tracks.
no way to easily empty out the current queue

here's to better days ahead for us streamers and squeezeheads....

freelsjd
2014-01-29, 09:16
I used to use spotify before switching over to MOG. It is really a shame to have lost MOG. I really did like it; especially on my squeezebox. Losing MOG is only 2nd to losing squeezebox; squeezebox being a slow death due to Logitech buying them out. I have been a loyal purchaser of Logitech mice, but that may change in the future due to the slaughter of squeezebox. Logitech just sucks right now to me.

I have tried out Beats and it really is a BM. Force feed my playlists, make it really hard to find stuff. It is just tacky. They are going o have to really improve before I send money that way.

The one good thing that has come out of this is a research of what is out there. I discovered pono (http://www.mypono.com/) which is expected out soon. This appears to be much smarter; not the least of which is I really like Neil Young. Maybe we can get pono to make themselves available on the squeezebox.

Meanwhile, I will also probably swtich back to spotify since it is now going to be the best thing on the squeezebox.

keep on the squeezebox ...

garym
2014-01-29, 11:45
Pono is a hires music format and hardware player. Unlikely to ever work with squeezeboxes. But also unlikely to ever see the light of day. Google it a bit more. And I simply shake my head about this. But I love Neil. I flew to nyc a couple of weeks ago just to see him at Carnegie hall. Fantastic show. But pono: DOA if it ever even arrives.

Julf
2014-01-29, 13:52
I discovered pono which is expected out soon.

It has been "expected" for quite a while now. It might be more "out" than anything...

This appears to be much smarter

Smarter? Yet Another Proprietary Format With Silly Copy Protection - not sure I would use the adjective "smart".

aubuti
2014-02-04, 10:19
I wrote to them as well, pointing out that I'd simply be moving to Spotify rather than giving Beats a chance if they aren't going to continue support for Squeezebox. My vote alone won't count for much, but hopefully lots of people will get in touch with them.
Fwiw, here is the email I sent and their response. (As a side note, I sent my email to both support@beatsmusic.com and iancrogers@beatsmusic.com. The latter is the address on the From: line on a message from the Beats CEO, Ian C. Rogers. That address bounced with "The email account that you tried to reach does not exist." Score minus 1 point for pretending to be accessible.)

Dear Mr. Rogers,

Thanks for your update message. I have been a MOG subscriber for a couple years and have really enjoyed it for listening music in many different ways: discovering new music, looking into artists similar to artists I like, playing old albums that I had on vinyl or tape but never bought on CD or online, etc. It has been very good value for very little money.

Almost all of my listening to MOG is through my Logitech Squeezebox network music system at home, which allows me to listen to MOG on decent-to-very-good audio equipment in any room in the house, and even outside on the patio. This worked (and still works until the plug gets pulled on MOG) because MOG provided an API to Logitech Squeezebox developers so that they could write a plugin for the Squeezebox server. I very much hope that Beats Music will have the foresight to provide similar capabilities with Beats Music.

If Beats is not made accessible for Squeezebox users, I do not see any way that I would be making the switch from MOG to Beats Music. Rather, I would be inclined to switch to a service such as Rhapsody or Spotify. Interestingly, at one time or another over the past five years I have used MOG, Rhapsody, and Spotify, and had settled on MOG as being the best service of the three. It will be a sad day to lose it.

I hope that you and your team will seriously consider providing a Beats Music plugin for Logitech Squeezebox.

Best regards,

Hey [myfirstname]

Thanks for contacting Beats Music Support! All the reasons you have listed for enjoying MOG, Beats Music has improved upon--especially suggesting new music that is catered specifically to you! Our human curated playlists and music suggestions blow the competition out of the water! However, at this point, Logitech Squeezebox is not one of our supported devices. We are constantly expanding and we do take suggestions from our listeners very seriously, so I will be forwarding this our team so they can see about possibly implementing this in the future.

Thank you again for your interest in Beats Music and thank you for supporting MOG. We would not be where we are without the continued support and feedback from listeners like you! If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again!

Let Beats Music provide the soundtrack to your life~
Beats Music Listener Support

Squeezemenicely
2014-02-22, 03:32
Oh no, just read this. Had no idea.

This really sucks - ah well off to Spotify and Triode. But MOG was cheaper and I preferred it.

Must all good thing always come to an end?!?

zoomin
2014-03-03, 09:41
I have moved over to Deezer and it is working well with 4 squeezeboxes I use in our house.

As good or better music selection, better bilateral favouriting (Mog would not save favourites in both directions) but it is lacking an option to save or select from favourite tracks from the squeezebox at the moment; just Albums and artists.

Also think I will get some use out of the "Friend's Playlists" options.

Another plus for us Canadians - it works without needing unblock-us.com to spoof our location.

aubuti
2014-03-31, 06:08
Latest email from MOG/Beats says that they are delaying the MOG shutdown because they're still working out the transition from MOG to Beats. But the days are numbered (with small numbers).

Hello Moggers,

Sorry for being so quiet lately. We’ve been heads-down building some features specifically for you. They’ll help make your transition to Beats Music as smooth and seamless as possible.
WHAT'S NEW

We completed work on the playlist conversion tool.
Transfer your MOG playlists to Beats Music >

MOG will not shut down on April 15th.
There’s still some work ahead of us. So we’ll keep the MOG service active for a little while longer.

Monthly billing will remain active for now.
Don’t worry. We’ll give you a 30-day heads up on the new transition date. AND you’ll still get your first month of Beats Music on the house. Just keep an eye out for an email update.

Thanks for sticking with us. Your loyalty and feedback over the last two months has meant the world to us. We hear you.

For more info, please visit our updated FAQ page.

Keagy
2014-04-15, 06:38
Yep, MOG is still working on squeezebox. They billed me $4.99 for May 2014 service today. Still the best deal in town for an "indefinite period" longer. :cool:

See MOG support link:
https://mogsupport.zendesk.com/entries/38622987-What-happens-to-the-MOG-service-and-subscribers-