PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver "screen off" bug actually turns screen on at stop

cncb
2013-11-13, 15:08
I have my all my screensavers set to "screen off" in an attempt to give longer life to my Squeezeboxes (Radios and Touch) since they can no longer be purchased. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug in the screensavers that is causing the opposite to happen. If the screen is off while playing (due to screensaver) the "screen off" screensaver for the stopped state keeps the screen blank but actually causes the screen backlight to turn back on. I have come to see the backlight on for who knows how long on many of players because of this bug and I have to manually turn the player off to turn the backlight off. Any ideas how to get around this without needing to have the screen on during playback? I haven't seen it but is there any "auto power off" setting? Thanks.

aubuti
2013-11-13, 16:40
I think this plugin will do what you need: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?95084-Display-Off-screensaver

cncb
2013-11-14, 09:47
Thanks. Unfortunately that seems to only be available for the Touch and not the Radios.

castalla
2013-11-14, 09:49
Thanks. Unfortunately that seems to only be available for the Touch and not the Radios.

Are you sure?

See: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?95084-Display-Off-screensaver&p=762289&viewfull=1#post762289

cncb
2013-11-14, 09:59
Are you sure?

It wasn't listed in the 3rd-party applet list even though I unchecked "recommended apps only" so I don't know how to install it on the Radio?

castalla
2013-11-14, 10:08
It wasn't listed in the 3rd-party applet list even though I unchecked "recommended apps only" so I don't know how to install it on the Radio?

Just checked on both old and new radios -you're correct!

Mnyb
2013-11-14, 12:12
Will this help for the more random general issue that the backligth can come on just about anytime ? I have the screen on except in stopped or off then it should be blank (no backligth ) .

Bonus case to solve this also randomly happen when there is no server conected ? such as when i turn off player and shut down server , then i just dont expect the backligth to go on ? often at random .

castalla
2013-11-14, 12:23
I've uninstalled it on my Touch as it disables the red on/off button on the remote.