PDA

View Full Version : What does the asterisk/star on the SB classic mean?

kllngtme
2013-11-11, 17:32
It seems the SB classic becomes unresponsive at times when the star is in the right corner of the screen. I'm thinking this might have to do with Superdatetime running on it and when it goes to fetch the weather, it becomes unresponse. Is that what the star(*) means? It can't reach the server or something?

Gandhi
2013-11-12, 09:35
It seems the SB classic becomes unresponsive at times when the star is in the right corner of the screen. I'm thinking this might have to do with Superdatetime running on it and when it goes to fetch the weather, it becomes unresponse. Is that what the star(*) means? It can't reach the server or something?

I haven't used this plugin in years, but as I remember it the star is shown when getting weather data. Sometimes that takes a little while.

I'm sure that is explained somewhere in the SuperDateTime thread, but unfortunately it contains - wait for it! - 2695 posts...

aubuti
2013-11-12, 10:52
I'm sure that is explained somewhere in the SuperDateTime thread, but unfortunately it contains - wait for it! - 2695 posts...
I'm not sure if it is explained in that thread, but you can vastly reduce the number of places to look by going to the thread and then using the "search thread" option on the right side of the screen. A search for "star" turned up several related cases, usually in posts with the terms "infinite star" or "perpetual star". Here's the main SDT thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?14327-Announce-SuperDateTime-Current-Date-Temperature-and-or-Baseball-Screensaver

Gandhi
2013-11-12, 11:38
...you can vastly reduce the number of places to look by going to the thread and then using the "search thread" option on the right side of the screen.

Oops...! I had not noticed that. Thanks for the tip! (Guess I should pay more attention to those little squiggles all over the page.)