PDA

View Full Version : "My Apps" keeps going away

lemmy999
2013-10-29, 19:35
I have a Boom, 2 Classics, a Radio, and a UE Radio converted back to Squeezebox. The former UE Radio is connected to 7.5.2 server and has firmware 7.7.3. It is connected to its own mysqeezebox.com account.

My other Radio is connected to 7.4.2 (old version for a reason) server on another computer (same network as the former UE) and has firmware 7.7.2.

Both of these (and maybe my other players) have a problem with the 'My Apps" disappearing from the home menu. If I make them connect to the other server and then back to their server the My Apps and all the apps inside show up again and I can use them, but after a very short period of time My Apps goes away again. If I connect either player directly to mysqueezebox.com (i.e. bypass the local server) the My Apps stay there. But when I go back to the server it will go away again after a short period of time. So any apps that I REALLY want to use can only be listened to by A) going to mysqeezebox.com and making the app appear in the home menu (this works indefinitely) or B) go to the server software and use the "My Apps" from there.

I have seen several people post on the logitech forums about this issue with the touch, classic and radios and I never saw anyone come up with a solution. I would assume it is a problem with the server software not being able to reach mysqueezebox.com, however it is odd that it will work for a short period of time after coming back from directly connecting the radio to mysqueezebox.com. So it can see it at least for a while. Any ideas?

Mnyb
2013-10-29, 22:29
This is usually down to DNS errors , but it usually manifest at startup and apps and and radio are constantly gone .

But you also have mismatched firmware versus server version ? and really old servers ,that can be a problem ?
I'm surprised that 7.4 even work on Radio ? What's the minimum version ? ( have a look in the wiki ) .

You have managed to bypass the normal firmware upgrade procedure I assume ? Otherwise you se firmware upgrade whenever you conect to mysb.com and another "upgrade" when going back to the local server . Normally a slight missmatch won't do much but there could be real functional differences with such a big difference .

Also in the servers turn on the mysqueezebox.com integration and enter your mysqueezebox.com credentials into that server .
But you have two different mysqueezebox.com accounts ? And two different servers ?

So you must only conect the players who's account is entered in the server to that particular server . I assume that the app and radio menu will be gone if the account does not match . Why the menu stay there for a while even when you switch server is a bit mysterius it should be gone ? But you may have managed to confuse mysb.com and as both your servers are at the same network and appear at the same wan ip ? And who knows wich of the servers gets what info from mysb.com in this situation ?

Also to make matters worse ( normally this is a good thing ) your local server with an mysb.com credential can register your player at mysb.com ? automatically ,hopefully this is prohibited by the player already belonging to another account , it usually is when people by used players ,they have to turn to Logitech support to get them reregistred .

So,I assume that your old players are at your original account and that account is in your original server .

But anyway I would go the mysqueezebox.com in an Internet browser and login to each account and figure what's registered where .

Can you not consolidate your players to one account ? And upgrade your servers at least one of them ?

lemmy999
2013-10-30, 21:41
The former UE Radio using the newer server software is completely independent of the other Radio running on the older server. The same goes for the mysb.com. The former UE Radio has its own server, and its own mysb.com account. This is because this is my wife's radio and our music tastes are very different. I have a huge collection and she doesn't want to scroll through my metal, classical country, classical, jazz and folk to get to her pop and hip/hop and vice versa. The mysb.com are completely separate as well. If I go to her mysb.com account it only shows her radio registered, if I go to my mysb.com account it shows my radio, my boom, and my classic. They are 100% separate in every way except they happen to share the shame LAN.

When I take her radio, switch to my server, and then try to connect to mysb.com (which would be my account) it fails and says that radio is registered to another user (as it should). The same goes if I take my radio, switch to her server, and try to connect to mysb.com.

I can easily update her server software. However mine is old for a reason. I want my albums under each artist to be sorted by year. This was listed as a bug that was voted on by many but for some reason the developer's for some odd reason refused to ever add this feature even though someone wrote the patch for the code. I applied the patch and later the code changed so much that the patch wouldn't work and I am not good enough with perl to write my own patch. So I remained with the same server.

I have gone in to my old server and her newer server and made sure our mysb.com login and passwords are entered correctly. And the servers have to have the correct information and be seeing mysb.com because I can go in to the server, select my apps, and make the radio play (for example) pandora even when the my apps isn't showing up on the radio home menu.

Mnyb
2013-10-30, 23:00
The former UE Radio using the newer server software is completely independent of the other Radio running on the older server. The same goes for the mysb.com. The former UE Radio has its own server, and its own mysb.com account. This is because this is my wife's radio and our music tastes are very different. I have a huge collection and she doesn't want to scroll through my metal, classical country, classical, jazz and folk to get to her pop and hip/hop and vice versa. The mysb.com are completely separate as well. If I go to her mysb.com account it only shows her radio registered, if I go to my mysb.com account it shows my radio, my boom, and my classic. They are 100% separate in every way except they happen to share the shame LAN.

When I take her radio, switch to my server, and then try to connect to mysb.com (which would be my account) it fails and says that radio is registered to another user (as it should). The same goes if I take my radio, switch to her server, and try to connect to mysb.com.

I can easily update her server software. However mine is old for a reason. I want my albums under each artist to be sorted by year. This was listed as a bug that was voted on by many but for some reason the developer's for some odd reason refused to ever add this feature even though someone wrote the patch for the code. I applied the patch and later the code changed so much that the patch wouldn't work and I am not good enough with perl to write my own patch. So I remained with the same server.

I have gone in to my old server and her newer server and made sure our mysb.com login and passwords are entered correctly. And the servers have to have the correct information and be seeing mysb.com because I can go in to the server, select my apps, and make the radio play (for example) pandora even when the my apps isn't showing up on the radio home menu.

Do you have another computer or possibly the ability to try with a virtual machine , just to rule out the server vs player firmware mismatch possibility so you can try with a new server version , that may not help ,but then you know if it's matter .

Do you do the downgrade/upgrade routine when switching from mysb.com to local server ? So we don't misunderstand . Or have you made 7.4 to not try to downgrade your Radio . As you know LMS tries to load the conected players withnthe matching firmware versions , but there are ways around that .

lemmy999
2013-11-10, 22:05
On my devices hooked up to the very old server, I never connect to mysb.com. I generally just listen to the music on my server and if I want to listen to pandora, it is (was) in "my apps" but that connects through my server to mysb.com. So I never connect my radio directly to mysb.com. The same is true for my wife's radio. With her radio I will sometime switch it to my server to listen to my music. But usually it is on her more up to date server and like my radio, she listens to the Pandora through her server and then out to mysb.com, she doesn't connect directly to it.

lemmy999
2013-11-10, 22:06
I have a third computer that I could install the latest server on and give it a try. I assume the radio will upgrade to the latest firmware when I switch to this server?

Mnyb
2013-11-10, 23:02
I have a third computer that I could install the latest server on and give it a try. I assume the radio will upgrade to the latest firmware when I switch to this server?

Yes eventually , it migth not do it directly it fetches the fw from somewhere and it usually be aviable on the next restart .

If you are impatient , you could dl the fw file and the version file and place them manually in the update folder , and navigate to the update menu on the radio and force the upgrade and it's actually possibly to update from mysqueezebox.com directly then you gets what's current .

But did not your radios have new fw already ? Possibly happend when registering players against mysqueezebox.com

Just remember that LMS can only remember one mysqueezebox.com account , so if you connect a player registered on another account not set on that server that player won't get any apps or radio menus from the server .
The complete app and radio menus are fetched from mysqueezebox.com in the background . So if the accounts mismatch you only get local stuff and the apps are not local .

Did you sometimes use your wife's radio on either of the servers and she have her own account ? And this radio is registered there .