PDA

View Full Version : Ok to sell Squeezebox equipment here?

mudflap5
2013-10-29, 13:53
---All items have been sold. Thank you.-----

Check post #4 for SB's for sale.

Price dropped 11-04-2013.

Price dropped 11-07-2013.

Price dropped 11-11-2013.

Price dropped 11-15-2013.

Price dropped 11-20-2013.

Price dropped 11-24-2013.

Price dropped 12-01-2013.

Price dropped 12-09-2013.

Price dropped 12-12-2013.

Price dropped 12-17-2013.

Price dropped 12-21-2013.

Have not posted here much, but have been reading for a long time. Just wondering if it is OK sell my collection of Squeezebox stuff on this forum. (2 Radios, 1 Boom, 1 Touch, 2 Duets and a Receiver). I really would rather sell it here then on ebay.
Thanks.
Paul

ModelCitizen
2013-10-29, 14:02
OK by me. In the small chance you're in the UK I'd be interested in a receiver

mudflap5
2013-10-29, 14:05
Updated profile with location. Guess I need to come up with pricing for all this stuff.

mudflap5
2013-10-30, 07:21
All items are Free Shipping the lower 48 states only. Paypal preferred.

----All items have been sold. Thank You.----

All items will ship within 1-2 days of payment. Prefer paypal. Local pickup in the DFW area is ok.
If the prices are too high, keep checking back. Prices will drop on a weekly basis until all items are sold.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks.
Paul

bklaas
2013-10-30, 08:44
Paul, I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what you replaced a 7 Squeezebox home system with...Sonos? Whatever you chose, what do you like better about that switch (other than Logitech abandoning the product line)? What's lacking in the new setup?

cheers,
#!/ben

mudflap5
2013-10-30, 09:02
Paul, I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what you replaced a 7 Squeezebox home system with...Sonos? Whatever you chose, what do you like better about that switch (other than Logitech abandoning the product line)? What's lacking in the new setup?

cheers,
#!/ben

You must a psychic! Yes, it has all been replaced with Sonos. The main reason reason for doing this is because of the constant tweaking that had to be done to keep it working. I've had SB for 2-3 years, and most of the time, it worked properly. I just grew weary of having to fiddle with it to make it work. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the stuff, and when it works, it works great! After using the Sonos for a few weeks, it seems to work better as far as, " I hit the play button and it starts playing"! Also, other family members like it alot better as far as usability. That makes a big difference!

GeeJay
2013-11-01, 19:11
I'm also curious as to how you used your old system, and if there is anything missing in Sonos you wish you had.

Personally, I can't live without some of the features in Erland's suite of plug-ins. Afaik, there is no other product with ratings-driven dynamic playlists, although I'm still searching.

I know that's not the point of this thread, but I'm genuinely curious.

mudflap5
2013-11-02, 17:18
I'm also curious as to how you used your old system, and if there is anything missing in Sonos you wish you had.

Personally, I can't live without some of the features in Erland's suite of plug-ins. Afaik, there is no other product with ratings-driven dynamic playlists, although I'm still searching.

I know that's not the point of this thread, but I'm genuinely curious.

The system was used to stream music around the entire house. It was always set to play the same music on all devices. Content consisted of MOG, Pandora, and my own collection. Used the 'wavin' plug-in occasionally. Two devices were hard wired, the others were wireless.

SB

Pros:
Cheap (when I bought it).
Sound quality was good on the Touch, Boom and Receiver.
Plenty of third party options, but I never used any of them except wavin.

Cons:
Initial device set up was a pain.
Connectivity and configuration. On a weekly basis, I had to go to at least one or more devices and do something to it
to get to play. This was my biggest issue with system. I like to be able to push the button, and it plays. No fuss!
Radio sound quality was not that good.
Getting it playing after a power failure. Another mightmare.

Sonos:

Pros:
VERY easy setup and VERY easy to add devices.
Sound quality is very good.
Quick recovery after power fail or communications loss.

Cons:
Expensive!
Plays mono sound unless you buy 2 and create a stereo pair, gets more expensive! (Play:1 Play:3 Play:5 only)
Looses "Grouping" when shut down. Not that hard to "regroup", but still shouldent happen in the first place.

Overall, I like the Sonos much better, BUT, it is not perfect, it just works better for me than the SB did.

YMMV.

mudflap5
2013-11-07, 09:13
Price drop 11-7-2013.

mudflap5
2013-11-11, 17:00
Price drop 11-11-2013.

mudflap5
2013-11-15, 07:49
Price drop 11-15-2013

Halian
2013-11-15, 17:32
I'm a bit basic in the Squeezebox etc. world. I use iPeng as a controller app - on iPad and a number of family phones/iPods. I think it's a great interface to our music - people can add things to the current playlist collectively - things can be edited/moved so easily. I see a Sonos app in the App Store - does it have similar functionality? One of my two SB receivers has (I think) died - so I may be looking for something else since they are hard to replace. But I'm not happy to be doing so.

Jeffjazzer
2013-11-16, 14:15
Interested in Purchasing #6 below.
This site will not let me send a private message or email for some reason.
Send me your email or number and I can give you my info. Let me know if you have a problem.
Thanks, Jeff
SB Receiver
Comes with reveiver and power supply. The power supply is hard wired to the receiver. The power supply jack on the back broke, so the ps is permanantly attached to the unit.
It is 100% functional, works fine. Condition is good.
$75.00 shipped. Now $70.00 shipped. Now $65.00 shipped. Now $60.00 shipped.

SB Radio White. --SOLD--
Comes with the radio, box, remote, power supply, internal battery. Condition is very good.
$90.00 shipped. Now $85.00 shipped.

SB Radio Black. --SOLD--
Comes with the radio, power supply, internal battery, spare internal battery, NO remote. Condition is very good.
$90.00 shipped. Now $85.00 shipped.

SB Boombox --SOLD--
Comes with Boom, power supply, remote, and box. Condition is very good.
$200.00 shipped

SB Duet
Comes with controller, receiver, charging cradle, and receiver power supply. Condition is very good. Controller display is a little dim, but still very usable.
$150.00 shipped. Now $140.00 shipped. Now $135.00 shipped. Now $130.00 shipped.

SB Duet
Comes with controller, receiver, charging cradle, and receiver power supply. Condition is good. Controller display is a little more dim than #4, but still usable.
$140.00 shipped. Now $130.00 shipped. Now $125.00 shipped. Now $120.00 shipped.

SB Receiver
Comes with reveiver and power supply. The power supply is hard wired to the receiver. The power supply jack on the back broke, so the ps is permanantly attached to the unit.

SB Touch --SOLD--
Comes with Touch, power supply, box, remote. Condition is excellent.
$335.00 shipped. Now $330.00 shipped. Now $325.00 shipped.

All items will ship within 1-2 days of payment. Prefer paypal. Local pickup in the DFW area is ok.
If the prices are too high, keep checking back. Prices will drop on a weekly basis until all items are sold.
Thanks.
Paul

erland
2013-11-17, 01:53
I'm a bit basic in the Squeezebox etc. world. I use iPeng as a controller app - on iPad and a number of family phones/iPods. I think it's a great interface to our music - people can add things to the current playlist collectively - things can be edited/moved so easily. I see a Sonos app in the App Store - does it have similar functionality? One of my two SB receivers has (I think) died - so I may be looking for something else since they are hard to replace. But I'm not happy to be doing so.

If you want a more detailed answer, please start a new thread.

The quick answer is that the collective editing of the current playlist is a bit different but generally similar from a feature perspective. One possible advantage on the Squeezebox is that you can view details about a track in current playlist which isn't playing while the Sonos (as far as I've seen) only makes this possible for currently playing track.

When we start talking about browsing your library or music services iPeng (especially the iPad version) is a lot better because it take advantage of the larger iPad screen. The iPhone version of iPeng is also better at browsing because it generally shows more information about the album/tracks while browsing.

More advanced features that are offered through third party plugins on Squeezebox is generally not available on Sonos and probably never will due to their more closed philosophy.

My advice would be to wait a bit unless you urgently need something new. There are a lot of things going on at the moment both through the Community Squeeze and ickStream projects managed by people in this community but also in general in this market segment. So if it isn't urgent, I think it's better to wait a bit and see how the market evolves.

However, if anyone wants to discuss this further, please start a new thread.

mudflap5
2013-11-17, 12:53
Interested in Purchasing #6 below.
This site will not let me send a private message or email for some reason.
Send me your email or number and I can give you my info. Let me know if you have a problem.
Thanks, Jeff
SB Receiver

PM sent. ( If it possible to receive PMs if you only have one post. )

mudflap5
2013-11-20, 12:50
Price dropped 11-20-2013.

mudflap5
2013-11-24, 16:17
Price dropped 11-24-2013.

mudflap5
2013-11-27, 07:20
Price drop again. 12-1-2013.

mudflap5
2013-12-09, 09:54
Price drop 12-09-2013.

bigG
2013-12-09, 22:59

SB Duet
Comes with controller, receiver, charging cradle, and receiver power supply. Condition is very good. Controller display is a little dim, but still very usable.

Now $100.00 shipped. Now $90.00 shipped.

SB Duet
Comes with controller, receiver, charging cradle, and receiver power supply. Condition is good. Controller display is a little more dim than #4, but still usable.

Now $90.00 shipped. Now $80.00 shipped

#6 --- SOLD ---
SB Receiver

Thanks.
Paul

Do you have a SB touch for sale???? and How do i purchase items????
I'm interested in item #5...Thks Gerardo

mudflap5
2013-12-10, 08:36
Do you have a SB touch for sale???? and How do i purchase items????
I'm interested in item #5...Thks Gerardo

Check your PM.

mudflap5
2013-12-12, 08:32
Price drop 12-12-2013.

mudflap5
2013-12-17, 05:43
Priced drop 12-17-2013.

mudflap5
2013-12-21, 08:39
Price dropped 12-21-2013.