PDA

View Full Version : Multichannel on future Squeezebox development?

the nightfly
2013-10-27, 20:30
I was wondering if there is any consideration currently being given to including the ability to play multichannel FLACs on future SB-system development, in particular sending a digital bitstream out the HDMI port? If anyone could give me any information, I'd greatly appreciate it!

dasmueller
2013-10-27, 21:13
There is no future Squeezebox development. The line was discontinued about a year ago.

the nightfly
2013-10-27, 23:30
I know -- like anyone else frequenting these forums -- that Logitech stopped producing the Squeezebox line. I'm referring to developments such as Community Squeeze, players like SqueezeLite, and the like.

atrocity
2013-10-28, 08:08
I know -- like anyone else frequenting these forums -- that Logitech stopped producing the Squeezebox line. I'm referring to developments such as Community Squeeze, players like SqueezeLite, and the like.

I have asked this before--most recently after learning that the Wandboard can output audio via HDMI--and have received answers indicating that the code is very much built around 2-channel audio in a way that would be very difficult to alter.