PDA

View Full Version : Turn on Line-in via CLI interface

philwild
2013-10-21, 10:29
Hi everyone :)

I would like to be able to switch my SB Radio to Line-in via the CLI interface. Is this possible? I can't find it documented so I'm guessing no.

My ultimate goal is to have the SBRadio turn on, and then switch to Line-in when I log into my Mac-mini.

Actually, not quite true... If I can get the above working, then the next step is to determine if the SB Radio is on in the first place and if so, if it is playing, then to transfer the playlist across to squeezeslave running on the mac-mini so that it can superimpose the computer audio onto the music that was playing.

Cheers

Phil

pippin
2013-10-21, 13:27
Your guesswork as right, it's not possible.
The Radio doesn't expose any control over the LineIn input to the server so you also can't control it.

Is it possible to control it at all? I thought it only displays the state and the a actual source switch is probably done in hardware.

mherger
2013-10-21, 13:35
> I would like to be able to switch my SB Radio to Line-in via the CLI
> interface. Is this possible? I can't find it documented so I'm guessing
> no.

00:04:20:xx:yy:zz setlinein linein

That should work afaict.

--

Michael

mherger
2013-10-21, 13:36
> Your guesswork as right, it's not possible.
> The Radio doesn't expose any control over the LineIn input to the server
> so you also can't control it.

Where did you get that? Even the checkbox in the main menu is handled in
the server (see the LineIn plugin).

--

Michael

pippin
2013-10-21, 15:33
Wow. Then why has there never been any UI for this?

I know I have been searching for a preference or CLI command for this more than once and I could bet I asked here before..... Weird.

UPDATE: Also doesn't really work for me. I can turn linein off but not on... well, the Radio will say it's on but won't start using the input....
Linein volume level also doesn't work

This looks a lot like it's the Boom menu and it's somehow just being used to have a menu on the Radio, too or maybe to save the state on the server.

mherger
2013-10-21, 21:04
> Wow. Then why has there never been any UI for this?

Maybe I was wrong... that plugin only seems to deal with the Boom, but not
the Radio :-(.

--

Michael

philwild
2013-10-22, 06:58
> Wow. Then why has there never been any UI for this?

Maybe I was wrong... that plugin only seems to deal with the Boom, but not
the Radio :-(.

--

Michael

Thanks... I was really really excited for a few seconds :)
It looks like it is how I suspect. Oh well. Thanks people!

mrMuppet
2017-02-13, 12:34
This thread is quite old but i would like to know if there is some new way found to switch to line-on via remote (cli or ...)? I would like to use it with Alexa dot...