PDA

View Full Version : Lost my radio options

daytripper
2013-10-19, 05:15
Hi all

I am running my Squeezebox system (Touch, Boom, Radio) from an old netbook with FreeNas installed. I recently switched ISP and thought this wouldn't affect my SB setup - I plugged the NAS up to the new router, and then tuned the devices onto the new wireless network. All seemed fine - my music and fovourite radio stations all still work.

Now I want to hunt for a new radio station and notice that the Interneyt Radio option is missing from iPeng, SqueezePad and my Server controller on my PC. My Touch still have 'Internet Radio' on it's menu but asks me to switch to mysqueezebox.com rather than getting radio through the NAS.

I confees I set up the NAS years ago and have forgotten what I did so I'm a little loath to muck about in it - but can anyone point me in the right direction..?

EDIT: I should clarify that the Internet Radio options are absent in SqueezePad & iPeng. On the PC server controller, the only option I have is to type the full address in directly - all search options & staff picks are gone.

thanks
marc

garym
2013-10-19, 05:20
Hi all

I am running my Squeezebox system (Touch, Boom, Radio) from an old netbook with FreeNas installed. I recently switched ISP and thought this wouldn't affect my SB setup - I plugged the NAS up to the new router, and then tuned the devices onto the new wireless network. All seemed fine - my music and fovourite radio stations all still work.

Now I want to hunt for a new radio station and notice that the Interneyt Radio option is missing from iPeng, SqueezePad and my Server controller on my PC. My Touch still have 'Internet Radio' on it's menu but asks me to switch to mysqueezebox.com rather than getting radio through the NAS.

I confees I set up the NAS years ago and have forgotten what I did so I'm a little loath to muck about in it - but can anyone point me in the right direction..?

thanks
marc

have you stopped and restarted LMS since pluging the NAS into your new router? Sounds like a DNS problem. Maybe even reboot (unplug/plug) the router first.

daytripper
2013-10-19, 06:25
A complete reboot of everything did the trcik. Funny, I had rebooted the seperates are various times before and it didn't work...

Still - works now, thanks for the help!

garym
2013-10-19, 06:29
A complete reboot of everything did the trcik. Funny, I had rebooted the seperates are various times before and it didn't work...

Still - works now, thanks for the help!

sometimes it is the order. that is, LMS should be starting up last. If the router hasn't fully established an internet connection when LMS is starting, LMS never checks back to see if the DNS is correct.