PDA

View Full Version : SqueezePlay Beta - Lost local audio when synced

Spikemncer
2013-10-16, 12:17
I recently upgraded my Logitech Media Server to 7.73-1374965195. I am running Squeezeplay Beta on the same Windows 7 machine for local control. When I synced my Squeezeplay to my Classic Squeezebox I used to get audio on my PC.
With the new Media Server upgrage, I have lost that local audio on my PC. Is there a setting or has the feature been removed?

Thanks!

garym
2013-10-16, 12:33
I recently upgraded my Logitech Media Server to 7.73-1374965195. I am running Squeezeplay Beta on the same Windows 7 machine for local control. When I synced my Squeezeplay to my Classic Squeezebox I used to get audio on my PC.
With the new Media Server upgrage, I have lost that local audio on my PC. Is there a setting or has the feature been removed?

Thanks!

You've double checked that the two players are still set as "synched"?

Spikemncer
2013-10-16, 13:34
You've double checked that the two players are still set as "synched"?

Yes, I have full control from my PC. Just no audio...

jimbobvfr400
2013-10-16, 13:40
Yes, I have full control from my PC. Just no audio...

That doesn't necessarily mean that they are synced though, just using select player will allow control but won't give playback on the PC

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

garym
2013-10-16, 13:59
That doesn't necessarily mean that they are synced though, just using select player will allow control but won't give playback on the PC

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

agree. full control from PC does not equal synched. Squeezeplay is both a controller and a player. To be synched (where both squeezeplay on PC and your hardware SB play the same thing) you need to actually sync the two in settings. In the webGUI for LMS, upper right hand side, there is a dropdown menu where you select player. This menu should have a synch option that allows you to sync the two. This is also easily done with various smartphone apps (ipeng, etc.).

Spikemncer
2013-10-16, 14:51
agree. full control from PC does not equal synched. Squeezeplay is both a controller and a player. To be synched (where both squeezeplay on PC and your hardware SB play the same thing) you need to actually sync the two in settings. In the webGUI for LMS, upper right hand side, there is a dropdown menu where you select player. This menu should have a synch option that allows you to sync the two. This is also easily done with various smartphone apps (ipeng, etc.).

Thank you Got it!