Annouce: Squeeze Control is now available as a UWP app for Windows 10.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackfiction
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wt0
    The message means that the app isn't receiving a response from your server to a timely manner.

Normally, I would say your server is not powerful enough for you collection, but since you're running LMS on a Win 10 machine that should not be the case. Not unless you have an insanely huge library (maybe million+ songs).

If you're on WiFi, make sure you have a good stable connection. Check your network too. Sometimes a single faulty cable can cause all sorts of unexplained problems.

Try clearing the library and doing a full rescan. The music library maybe corrupted and causing the server to have to do more work than needed. Also make sure the server machine isn't being overworked by some other process.
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I did a rescan of my library (+/- 1500 albums) and I still receive the timeouts.
    I do not think that my server is not capable as it does not hit the max cpu and ram. I do not have any problems with my wifi and I get 20Mb/s transfers between the server and my laptop. I also tried a wired connection and that did not solve the problem.
    Is there anything else that could cause the timeouts? Is it possible to send log files of the app or the server?

Kind regards!
    Living: EtherRegen -> Ultrarendu -> Benchmark DAC2 HGC -> Benchmark AHB2 -> ATC SCM19 v2 & Sennheiser HD650
    Kitchen: SB Touch -> Audio Pro Addon T10 gen2
    Kids rooms: SB Booms
    Bedroom: SB Boom & SB Radio
    Controls: Material Skin & LMS via internet, iPeng
    Server: Windows 10 Pro with LMS 8.3
    Spare: 2 SB Touch, 1 SB3, 2 SB Radio

Comment

• wt0
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Blackfiction
      Thanks for the quick reply!
      I did a rescan of my library (+/- 1500 albums) and I still receive the timeouts.
      I do not think that my server is not capable as it does not hit the max cpu and ram. I do not have any problems with my wifi and I get 20Mb/s transfers between the server and my laptop. I also tried a wired connection and that did not solve the problem.
      Is there anything else that could cause the timeouts? Is it possible to send log files of the app or the server?

Kind regards!
      I assume you've tried restarting the server? Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that maybe there are some internet filtering and/or firewall software on your laptop that's causing the slow network traffic to the app.
      --------------
      Squeezebox apps for Android and Windows UWP, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Comment

• Sakkerju
        • Mar 2010

Update:
        I have been using Squeeze Control with my Xbox One to control my Squeezebox Touch for a few months now.
        I am very happy that this UWP app is available and it is working fine for me.

The only 'issue' I have is that sometimes the app simply does not connect with the Squeezebox environment.
        Not clear what is the cause..XB1 has no log files in any way I know.
        This looks similar as discussed here above, for me an app terminate and restarting it on the Xbox One solves the issue and it connects...

Again, very pleased with the app ;-)
        Squeezebox Server 7.9.1 (Pinkdot build) *** Squeezebox family: 3x Radio (Black-White-Red) / 2x Touch / 2x Controller / Android App / SqueezePlay *** AKG K240-DF headphone
        Synology DS415play - DSM 6.x *** Denon PMA1500ae (analog)*** Kef iQ7 S.E *** Xbox One X 4K Blu-ray player *** Squeeze Control (UWP app for Windows 10 and Xbox One X)

Comment

• Wigster
          • Jan 2008

Hi,

When the SC app is suspended (e.g. I browse away to a different virtual desktop), it restarts and forgets the navigation history: the back arrow in the top left corner disappears and I have to start browsing from scratch.

Is there some way of recoding the app to retain the back arrow across app suspensions?

Comment

• wt0
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Wigster
            Hi,

When the SC app is suspended (e.g. I browse away to a different virtual desktop), it restarts and forgets the navigation history: the back arrow in the top left corner disappears and I have to start browsing from scratch.

Is there some way of recoding the app to retain the back arrow across app suspensions?
            No because, once suspended, the app can no longer receive any updates from the server about the player or the menus. There's no way to guarantee that any saved navigation history would still be valid once the app reconnects.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
            --------------

Comment

• bwaldron
              • Jul 2005

I increasingly find myself using Squeeze Control rather than the LMS web interface on my Windows desktop. One feature of the web interface that I do miss in Squeeze Control is the total playlist length. Is this something that might be added (say, in the "current playlist" menu dropdown)?

Comment

• wt0
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by bwaldron
                I increasingly find myself using Squeeze Control rather than the LMS web interface on my Windows desktop. One feature of the web interface that I do miss in Squeeze Control is the total playlist length. Is this something that might be added (say, in the "current playlist" menu dropdown)?
                Look at the top right corner of the Now Playing screen, next to the track title.
                --------------

Comment

• bwaldron
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by wt0
                  Look at the top right corner of the Now Playing screen, next to the track title.
                  Sorry, I should have been clearer. While that shows me total tracks, I meant playlist total time (as shown at the bottom right of the now playing pane in the LMS web interface).

Comment

• wt0
                    • Jul 2008

Sorry, I should have been clearer. While that shows me total tracks, I meant playlist total time (as shown at the bottom right of the now playing pane in the LMS web interface).
                    As far as I can tell, there's no command to ask the server the total time of the current playlist. So the only way for the app to get the total time is to tally up the duration of all the songs in the playlist. However, the playlist is incrementally loaded so the app doesn't have all the songs until you scroll to the bottom.
                    --------------

Comment

• bwaldron
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by wt0
                      As far as I can tell, there's no command to ask the server the total time of the current playlist. So the only way for the app to get the total time is to tally up the duration of all the songs in the playlist. However, the playlist is incrementally loaded so the app doesn't have all the songs until you scroll to the bottom.
                      OK, thanks. I wasn't sure whether that was something available to apps or not.

Comment

• bwaldron
                        • Jul 2005

I just updated to version 2.1.7 via the Windows Store, and now the app refuses to run. It starts up briefly, then closes itself. This is on a desktop running Windows 10 Pro.

UPDATE: I uninstalled the app, then re-installed it and it is working again (though restoring my previously backed-up settings didn't completely work -- I'll have to set up my menus and player colors again).
                        Last edited by bwaldron; 2018-01-07, 16:26.

Comment

• wt0
                          • Jul 2008

I just updated to version 2.1.7 via the Windows Store, and now the app refuses to run. It starts up briefly, then closes itself. This is on a desktop running Windows 10 Pro.

UPDATE: I uninstalled the app, then re-installed it and it is working again (though restoring my previously backed-up settings didn't completely work -- I'll have to set up my menus and player colors again).
                          Sorry, I forgot you were in the beta test group. The version you got was only meant for my own testing, so there are still problems. You may want to uninstall that version. I removed the beta test, so a reinstall should get the older version.

The customized menus and player backgrounds were never backed up. The backup system uses an account's roaming profile, which means that the backups for the app are sync'd with every device. Since people may have different devices on the same account at different locations connected to different squeezeboxes, backing up player specific stuff didn't seem like a good idea.

I'm going to add menu data backup to the updated app. Since the players all have different id's, it would work. However, I'm not going to backup player backgrounds because I store the data for all the players in one chunk and backing up the chunk will overwrite the chunk from another device. It's a bit too big of a mess to change the app to separate out each player's data and store them separately.
                          --------------

Comment

• bwaldron
                            • Jul 2005

Thanks. I'll reinstall (though, FWIW, I haven't encountered any problems with this beta after reinstalling). The backup/restore explanation makes sense -- and setting up the colors and main menu isn't burdensome.

On an unrelated note -- I have never been able to get "Copy Song Info" to work properly. I get the app notification that the info was copied to the clipboard, but when I paste it anywhere else, all I get is a series of blank lines.

Comment

• wt0
                              • Jul 2008

On an unrelated note -- I have never been able to get "Copy Song Info" to work properly. I get the app notification that the info was copied to the clipboard, but when I paste it anywhere else, all I get is a series of blank lines.
                              Thanks for noticing this. I actually does work, but not in dual pane view. I'll fix this for the next update.
                              --------------

Comment

• Mercenary
                                • Jul 2011

I really like the app...be it on Android or Windows.

I installed it on Windows today and noticed that clicking on the band or album name in the "now playing" window does not take you to this item. Also right clicking on a song and then selecting the artist or album does not take you anywhere.
                                Wouldn't that make sense to use those as links?

Another request would be to always (maybe with a toggle on/off) display the lyrics of the song that is playing currently.

But in any case thanks a lot for a great app.

Merc
                                ------------------------
                                3 * Boom, 1 * Radio, 1 * Touch, 1 SB Classic, 2 SB Duet, 1pi with picoreplayer running the server, music on Synology DS718+
                                library ~50.000 titles

Comment

Working...