Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    • May 2008

Originally posted by CardioFitness
    Ok there's something missing here, each album has his folder. They just aren't organized inside other folders by artist or something else.
    ahh, ok. as long as each album has its own folder you should be fine. You made it sound like you simply had thousands of files all in one directory.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• CardioFitness
      • Mar 2012

I have trying with mp3 tag and I can't find a way to snatch the right string from The Doors - Strange Days (1967)'(1999 Remaster Elektra 74014-2)'

Isn't there another server software that searches by folders ?

Comment

• garym
        • May 2008

I have trying with mp3 tag and I can't find a way to snatch the right string from The Doors - Strange Days (1967)'(1999 Remaster Elektra 74014-2)'

Isn't there another server software that searches by folders ?
        what is the exact file name/directory name of this album location and also list the exact tag info for album, artist, track #, track title. I'll play around a bit with mp3tag to see if I can figure it out. that is, is it:

ALBUM: Strange Days (1967) '(1999 Remaster Electra 74014-2)'
        ARTIST: The Doors

and what does an example of an actual file location look like? (directory and full file name)
        Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
        Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
        Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• CardioFitness
          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by garym
          what is the exact file name/directory name of this album location and also list the exact tag info for album, artist, track #, track title. I'll play around a bit with mp3tag to see if I can figure it out. that is, is it:

and what does an example of an actual file location look like? (directory and full file name)
          Artist name: The doors
          Album:Strange days
          Folder Name: K:\Musica\The Doors - Strange Days (1967) [FLAC] (1999 Remaster Elektra 74014-2)
          Track Title : «multiple values» Strange Days; You're Lost Little Girl; Love Me Two Times; Unhappy Girl; Horse Latitudes; Moonlight Drive; People Are Strange; My Eyes Have Seen You; I Can't See Your Face In My Mind; When The Music's Over

Yeah thats my default tags, now it should add to the album tag (1999 Remaster Electra 74014-2) but in a way will work with others with different info like this one: The Doors - Strange Days (1967) [VINYL] (DCC LP Mastered by Steve Hoffman).

I'm not so sure its really possible.

Comment

• pski

Click on the track for the file location.

Comment

• CardioFitness
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by pski
              Click on the track for the file location.
              Sorry already edited.

Comment

• garym
                • May 2008

Artist name: The doors
                Album:Strange days
                Folder Name: K:\Musica\The Doors - Strange Days (1967) [FLAC] (1999 Remaster Elektra 74014-2)
                Track Title : «multiple values» Strange Days; You're Lost Little Girl; Love Me Two Times; Unhappy Girl; Horse Latitudes; Moonlight Drive; People Are Strange; My Eyes Have Seen You; I Can't See Your Face In My Mind; When The Music's Over

Yeah thats my default tags, now it should add to the album tag (1999 Remaster Electra 74014-2) but in a way will work with others with different info like this one: The Doors - Strange Days (1967) [VINYL] (DCC LP Mastered by Steve Hoffman).

I'm not so sure its really possible.
                go into mp3tag, click on "actions", then at very top of popup click the "actions" again. At next popup click on top icon (little page with star in middle), give it a name, then click on the little page/star icon again, and choose FORMAT VALUE

then for field enter ALBUM
                for value enter: %_directory%

this will change the album name in your tags to:
                The Doors - Strange Days (1967) [FLAC] (1999 Remaster Elektra 74014-2)
                ....or whatever your directory containing the file is named

of course the problem is you don't really want "the Doors" at the beginning of the album name. If you do, then you're done. If you don't then you need to post a question on mp3tag forum about how to do this (i.e., only pick up what's to the right of " - " (space dash space) in your directory name and transfer this to the ALBUM field in the tag. I know it can be done easily with regexp expressions, but I'm not sure how myself.
                Last edited by garym; 2012-03-06, 23:53.

Comment

• CardioFitness
                  • Mar 2012

go into mp3tag, click on "actions", then at very top of popup click the "actions" again. At next popup click on top icon (little page with star in middle), give it a name, then click on the little page/star icon again, and choose FORMAT VALUE

then for field enter ALBUM
                  for value enter: %_directory%

this will change the album name in your tags to:
                  The Doors - Strange Days (1967) [FLAC] (1999 Remaster Elektra 74014-2)
                  ....or whatever your directory containing the file is named

of course the problem is you don't really want "the Doors" at the beginning of the album name. If you do, then you're done. If you don't then you need to post a question on mp3tag forum about how to do this (i.e., only pick up what's to the right of " - " (space dash space) in your directory name and transfer this to the ALBUM field in the tag. I know it can be done easily with regexp expressions, but I'm not sure how myself.
                  Thanks I would perfer without but the question is, will this affect the search on the squeezebox or will work just like with foobar ?

Comment

• garym
                    • May 2008

Thanks The question is, will this affect the search on the squeezebox or will work just like with foobar ?
                    i'm not sure exactly what you mean? are you still thinking that you'll use LMS with browse music folder only? Again, this ignores 99% of LMS. Once LMS has the tag info, you'd simply click on My Music, and then Artist and then you'd see the albums listed, including this one with full title/info. Or you can click on my music then album and see all album names, including this one....

But if you do create these ALBUM names as indicated, and go into LMS, my music, and select search, then search album, yes, the search will find any album that has your search terms entered....

just try this with a couple of albums and then do a search (or scroll with artist and/or album) and see what you think. by the way, you'll need to first do a "clear and rescan" of your music library, otherwise the tag changes don't get picked up.

Comment

• CardioFitness
                      • Mar 2012

i'm not sure exactly what you mean? are you still thinking that you'll use LMS with browse music folder only? Again, this ignores 99% of LMS. Once LMS has the tag info, you'd simply click on My Music, and then Artist and then you'd see the albums listed, including this one with full title/info. Or you can click on my music then album and see all album names, including this one....

But if you do create these ALBUM names as indicated, and go into LMS, my music, and select search, then search album, yes, the search will find any album that has your search terms entered....

just try this with a couple of albums and then do a search (or scroll with artist and/or album) and see what you think. by the way, you'll need to first do a "clear and rescan" of your music library, otherwise the tag changes don't get picked up.
                      No no that would defeat all this exercise. Was just wondering if it would work flwlessly like foobar.
                      Like you said I'm going to test with a few first and do it for every one.

Thanks again mucho apreciato.

Comment

• garym
                        • May 2008

No no that would defeat all this exercise. Was just wondering if it would work flwlessly like foobar.
                        Like you said I'm going to test with a few first and do it for every one.

Thanks again mucho apreciato.
                        still confused...what would defeat the exercise?

I guess I can say that I use foobar2000 and I use LMS for SBs, and I have about 70,000 mostly FLAC files (some mp3/aac), all organized as x:/Artist/Album/tracks... in terms of directories and all with good tags. And all works seamlessly with both foobar2000 and LMS and my squeezeboxes.

Comment

• JJZolx
                          • Apr 2005

What exactly are you trying to do? Grab the remaster part between the single quotes? Then you want to place that in the ALBUM tag? Can we assume that you already have ARTIST, ALBUM and YEAR correctly set in the tags?

Create an action group with three actions:

1. Action type: Format value
                            Field: REMASTER
                            Format string: %_directory%

2. Action type: Replace with regular expression
                            Regular expression: ^.*'\((.*)\)'$
                            Replace matches with: $1
                            [ ] case-sensitive comparison

3. Action type: Format value
                            Field: ALBUM
                            Format string: %album% ''(%remaster%)''

You may want the album name formatted slightly differently. If so, just modify the last format string. This creates an additional field called REMASTER. If you don't want this field you can add another action to the group:

Action type: Remove fields
                          Fields to remove: REMASTER

Comment

• CardioFitness
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by JJZolx
                            What exactly are you trying to do? Grab the remaster part between the single quotes? Then you want to place that in the ALBUM tag? Can we assume that you already have ARTIST, ALBUM and YEAR correctly set in the tags?

Create an action group with three actions:

1. Action type: Format value
                              Format string: %_directory%

2. Action type: Replace with regular expression
                              Regular expression: ^.*'\((.*)\)'$
                              Replace matches with: $1
                              [ ] case-sensitive comparison

3. Action type: Format value
                              Field: ALBUM
                              Format string: %album% ''(%remaster%)''

You may want the album name formatted slightly differently. If so, just modify the last format string. This creates an additional field called REMASTER. If you don't want this field you can add another action to the group:

Action type: Remove fields
                            Fields to remove: REMASTER
                            Finally found a great solution. Custom tags plugin so I will just copy the directory to the new Mastering tag.

The problem is that after applying the action mp3tag gives me an "Cannot be openened for writing" error for more than half of the library... What's going on ?
                            Last edited by CardioFitness; 2012-03-26, 21:07.

Comment

• garym
                              • May 2008

Finally found a great solution. Custom tags plugin so I will just copy the directory to the new Mastering tag.

The problem is that after applying the action mp3tag gives me an "Cannot be openened for writing" error for more than half of the library... What's going on ?
                              where are the files? On a NAS? Sounds like a permissions issue.

Comment

• CardioFitness
                                • Mar 2012

where are the files? On a NAS? Sounds like a permissions issue.
                                No, they are on an Hardrive from the PC. They are all on the same folder and some it writes without problem.

Comment

Working...