Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jezbo
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ralphpnj
    At present muso uses last.fm and amazon to provide additional information on albums and artists. Is there any way the information from all music guide (allmusic.com) can added to muso. The plugins "Album Review" and "Biography" use allmusic.com as the information source and having allmusic.com's information as well last.fm and amazon's information would greatly enhance this already wonderful music library front end.
    I did look at this possibility during development but there was some good reason at that time it couldn't be done - I'll check the situation now. I certainly can't see any information about an open API on the main pages, so it may be a closed interface only available by agreement with them, which may be prohibitively difficult or expensive.

EDIT: The author of those two plugins you mention is on these forums - I'll try asking him.
    Last edited by jezbo; 2012-01-31, 16:01.
    muso developer
    6 x SB3, 4 x SBBoom, 1 x SBTouch, rPi-4 based LMS on 2TB SSD (92,000+ tracks)
    Marantz, Denyo, Bantam & FosiAudio amps,
    Harbeth, Mordaunt Short & Monitor Audio speakers
    Heed Canamp + Beyerdynamic DT880 headphones
    Fiio K7 + Hifiman planar headphones

Comment

• ralphpnj
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jezbo
      I did look at this possibility during development but there was some good reason at that time it couldn't be done - I'll check the situation now.
      Thank you! I do think that access to the information from all music guide would greatly enhance muso. Once you hopefully get that worked out then you can try creating new links based on that information. For example a hyperlink to given performer within my music library based on the amg credits information from the "now playing" album. muso already does some hyperlinking and the more hyperlinks the more information one can retrieve and the more one can "explore" and learn about one's music library.
      Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
      Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
      Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
      Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
      Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
      Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
      Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
      Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
      Last.fm

Comment

• jezbo
        • Jan 2007

Thank you! I do think that access to the information from all music guide would greatly enhance muso. Once you hopefully get that worked out then you can try creating new links based on that information. For example a hyperlink to given performer within my music library based on the amg credits information from the "now playing" album. muso already does some hyperlinking and the more hyperlinks the more information one can retrieve and the more one can "explore" and learn about one's music library.
        Unfortunately it's as I suspected - it's prohibitively expensive to arrange to access the AMG database directly.
        muso developer

Comment

• ralphpnj
          • Mar 2007

Unfortunately it's as I suspected - it's prohibitively expensive to arrange to access the AMG database directly.
          That's too bad. Is there anyway to access the AMG database indirectly, i.e. by first accessing the plugins "Album Review" and "Biography" and then somehow importing the information into the muso now playing display?

Please forgive me if my ideas sound a bit wacky - I'm not a programmer so I don't think like one and tend to go "outside the box" that programmer think in.
          Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
          Last.fm

Comment

• jezbo
            • Jan 2007

That's too bad. Is there anyway to access the AMG database indirectly, i.e. by first accessing the plugins "Album Review" and "Biography" and then somehow importing the information into the muso now playing display?

Please forgive me if my ideas sound a bit wacky - I'm not a programmer so I don't think like one and tend to go "outside the box" that programmer think in.
            That depends if the information fetched by the plugins is stored in the SQLite database, or is fetched from the web on the fly - even if it's the former I can only get at it if the plugin fetches it first. I'll see though.
            muso developer

Comment

• jezbo
              • Jan 2007

That depends if the information fetched by the plugins is stored in the SQLite database, or is fetched from the web on the fly - even if it's the former I can only get at it if the plugin fetches it first. I'll see though.
              The plugins do cache the allmusic information somewhere in files in the server's Cache folder according to the plugin info, but it will only be possible to access that if muso is running on the same machine (a restriction I can't really code around).
              muso developer

Comment

• ralphpnj
                • Mar 2007

The plugins do cache the allmusic information somewhere in files in the server's Cache folder according to the plugin info, but it will only be possible to access that if muso is running on the same machine (a restriction I can't really code around).
                Thank you for checking into my wacky idea. Too bad it will not work. I do appreciate your efforts.
                Last.fm

Comment

• jezbo
                  • Jan 2007

Release News - version 1.4.12

Resolve host name to IP for LMS server.
                  When last used LMS IP/host does not exist on restart, allow longer between retries to allow front end to remain responsive and alternative server to be specified.
                  Order similar artists by similarity rather than alphabetically.
                  Resolve SQLite dll issues on 32-bit and 64-bit platforms (for LMS synch).
                  Last edited by jezbo; 2012-02-02, 16:30.
                  muso developer

Comment

• paltomare
                    • Oct 2005

The last time I used Muso it was still in Beta, I cannot install the production version since the license has expired. I loved the user interface and wonder if there have been any improvements in the way it handles songs that are not part of a full album.

Comment

• audiomuze
                      • Oct 2009

Is muso still a standalone executable with a windows ui or does I now have a web front-end?
                      puddletag - now packaged in most Linux distributions.

Comment

• jezbo
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by audiomuze
                        Is muso still a standalone executable with a windows ui or does I now have a web front-end?
                        It's still a windows application.
                        muso developer

Comment

• jezbo
                          • Jan 2007

Release News - version 1.4.13

1.4.13:

On a folder scan:
                          - Read SOLOIST/SOLOISTS ogg vorbis tag into Performer.
                          - Read ORGANIZATION/PUBLISHER/LABEL ogg vorbis tag into new database field "Label" (only shown on album view currently, plus supports searching via filter).
                          Last edited by jezbo; 2012-02-07, 16:11.
                          muso developer

Comment

• jezbo
                            • Jan 2007

Release News - 1.4.14

Beta-test foobar2000 integration (using command line interface rather than full SDK). Requires runcmd plugin for seek and volume
                            controls (http://foosion.foobar2000.org/compon...md&version=1.1). NB. NO NOW PLAYING INFORMATION AVAILABLE!

More work in resolving host name to IP for LMS server.
                            muso developer

Comment

• reniera
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by paltomare
                              the last time i used muso it was still in beta, i cannot install the production version since the license has expired. I loved the user interface and wonder if there have been any improvements in the way it handles songs that are not part of a full album.
                              +1

Comment

• jezbo
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by paltomare
                                The last time I used Muso it was still in Beta, I cannot install the production version since the license has expired. I loved the user interface and wonder if there have been any improvements in the way it handles songs that are not part of a full album.
                                If you've already gone through a one month trial some time ago and would like another, just click on the "Enter Licence Key" link when the expiry message is shown, take a copy of the machine ID and send it to [email protected] requesting a key for a further one-month trial.
                                Last edited by jezbo; 2012-02-23, 07:36.
                                muso developer

Comment

Working...