Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adoto
    • Apr 2010

WIMP + Tinyserver + iPeng

Will WiMp be able to to play directly from tinyserver in the near future or do I really have to connect to squeezebox.com each time (or maybe I`m missing something here...)? This operation also seems to be difficult for iPeng to handle. Any cure for this? This would really be a killer combination if I could get it streamlined...
  • Michael Herger
    Babelfish's Best Boy
    • Apr 2005

> Will WiMp be able to to play directly from tinyserver in the near future
    > or do I really have to connect to squeezebox.com each time (or maybe I`m
    > missing something here...)?

Yes, we plan to release a new SBS version (7.5.2) which will add support for WiMP on Touch among other bug fixes.

> Any cure for this? This would really be a killer
    > combination if I could get it streamlined...

The adventurous could always manually install the plugin on the device...

--

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• pippin
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Adoto
      This operation also seems to be difficult for iPeng to handle.
      Which operation? The only issue I'm seeing with WiMP is that the covers don't work which will be fixed in the next iPeng update.
      ---
      learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
      Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
      at penguinlovesmusic.com
      New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• Adoto
        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by mherger
        > Will WiMp be able to to play directly from tinyserver in the near future
        > or do I really have to connect to squeezebox.com each time (or maybe I`m
        > missing something here...)?

Yes, we plan to release a new SBS version (7.5.2) which will add support for WiMP on Touch among other bug fixes.

> Any cure for this? This would really be a killer
        > combination if I could get it streamlined...

The adventurous could always manually install the plugin on the device...

--

Michael
        Thanks for the reply.

I`m on 7.6 now, will come earlier on the official version (7.5.2)?

Comment

• Adoto
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by pippin
          Which operation? The only issue I'm seeing with WiMP is that the covers don't work which will be fixed in the next iPeng update.
          I`ll try to explaine. I`m able to connect the touch to wimp with the iPeng (and I can actually see the covers, not in the album list though..), but after connected I cant seem to find back the usb library connected to my touch. I`m currently running 7.6 version of the tinyserver. Has my problem anything to do with this?

Comment

• pippin
            • Oct 2007

I`ll try to explaine. I`m able to connect the touch to wimp with the iPeng (and I can actually see the covers, not in the album list though..), but after connected I cant seem to find back the usb library connected to my touch. I`m currently running 7.6 version of the tinyserver. Has my problem anything to do with this?
            Sorry, I don't fully understand what you mean.
            You have to connect to TinySC as a music source if you want to see the local library, obviously, MySB doesn't have your own music.
            And you have to connect to MySB right now to play WiMP, that's the problem with it not being supported by TinySC.
            ---
            at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• Michael Herger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

> I`m on 7.6 now, will come earlier on the official version (7.5.2)?

Just to make sure what we're talking about: you've connected some USB device to your Touch and use it as the source for the Touch's playback?

7.6 should already have WiMP support.

--

Michael
              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• Adoto
                • Apr 2010

Sorry, I don't fully understand what you mean.
                You have to connect to TinySC as a music source if you want to see the local library, obviously, MySB doesn't have your own music.
                And you have to connect to MySB right now to play WiMP, that's the problem with it not being supported by TinySC.
                Yes :-) I need TinySC for my local library (on the usb disc connected to the touch). Everything works fine with iPeng at this point. I also can start up Wimp from iPeng (via the "my apps" button on ipeng). But; when I connect to wimp (and in the same time MySB) the touch completely disappears from iPeng, and it won`t return before I reconnect it to my local library or my pc library via the touch menu.

So..yes...I see your point :-)

Comment

• Adoto
                  • Apr 2010

> I`m on 7.6 now, will come earlier on the official version (7.5.2)?

Just to make sure what we're talking about: you've connected some USB device to your Touch and use it as the source for the Touch's playback?

7.6 should already have WiMP support.

--

Michael
                  Yes, my Touch is connected to an usb drive containing my local library.
                  7.6 already have wimp support? I dont need to connect to MySB in order to play music from wimp? Why does it automatically connects to MySB when i start playing an album in wimp?

Comment

• pippin
                    • Oct 2007

Yes :-) I need TinySC for my local library (on the usb disc connected to the touch). Everything works fine with iPeng at this point. I also can start up Wimp from iPeng (via the "my apps" button on ipeng). But; when I connect to wimp (and in the same time MySB) the touch completely disappears from iPeng, and it won`t return before I reconnect it to my local library or my pc library via the touch menu.

So..yes...I see your point :-)
                    Well, you've never connected iPeng to MySB, didn't you?
                    You need to do that once to register your device for your MySB account and then iPeng should automatically switch to the other server, too. Or if it doesn't you should at least see the SB under "MySB" so that you can switch manually.

See "Help->Quick Tutorials->Players and Music Sources"
                    ---
                    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• Adoto
                      • Apr 2010

Well, you've never connected iPeng to MySB, didn't you?
                      You need to do that once to register your device for your MySB account and then iPeng should automatically switch to the other server, too. Or if it doesn't you should at least see the SB under "MySB" so that you can switch manually.

See "Help->Quick Tutorials->Players and Music Sources"
                      .... I connected and registered when I installed the ipeng a couple of weeks ago, and MySB did actually come up once or twice on iPeng after that, but not for the last week. Is it possible to re-register it or anything like that?

Comment

• pippin
                        • Oct 2007

.... I connected and registered when I installed the ipeng a couple of weeks ago, and MySB did actually come up once or twice on iPeng after that, but not for the last week. Is it possible to re-register it or anything like that?
                        Have ou tried to manually switch to MySB?
                        If you don't see MySB on the players page you iPhone doesn't have an internet connection or didn't have one when you started it - in this case you need to re-start the app (by closing it through the task bar and repoening it).
                        ---
                        at penguinlovesmusic.com

Comment

• Michael Herger
                          Babelfish's Best Boy
                          • Apr 2005

> 7.6 already have wimp support?

Heh... you're right. We missed to enable it for Touch. Expect it to be there within the next day or two. Please let me know if it doesn't show up. Thanks!

--

Michael
                          Michael

Comment

• Adoto
                            • Apr 2010

Have ou tried to manually switch to MySB?
                            If you don't see MySB on the players page you iPhone doesn't have an internet connection or didn't have one when you started it - in this case you need to re-start the app (by closing it through the task bar and repoening it).
                            I didn`t see MySB on the players page, but I think you found the problem. I restarted the app and voila! there it was.
                            Thanks!

Comment

• Adoto
                              • Apr 2010

> 7.6 already have wimp support?

Heh... you're right. We missed to enable it for Touch. Expect it to be there within the next day or two. Please let me know if it doesn't show up. Thanks!

--

Michael
                              That`s great! Thank you!

Comment

Working...