• Aug 2011

upgrade & mysqueezebox questions

Hello, i have 2 questions

situation:
    QNAP TS219 with SBS 7.6.1 (QPKG)
    all mp3 reside on QNAP
    1 SB Radio
    1 SB Duet

1. can i play an internet radio station without starting the QNAP (handy when i want to listen to a radiostation for 10 minutes in the morning without starting the QNAP)
    2. Everytime i want to play an internet radio (and connect to mysqueezebox.com) an automatic upgrade screen pops up (and i don't want to upgrade for the moment as i want to stay on the same version as my QNAP 7.6.1 QPKG)
  • Hofstede
    • Apr 2009

You can listen to radio stations using mysqueezebox. But as you are running an older server version on your QNAP you will get this upgrade warming everytime you switch. You can skip the upgrade message by pressing the back button for a few seconds.
    I believe that one of the goals for LMS 7.8 is to improve this.
    Last edited by Hofstede; 2012-04-13, 09:31.

Comment

• aubuti
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Hofstede
      I believe that one of the goals for LMS 7.8 is to improve this.
      But, of course, the OP would have to upgrade the QNAP to see the benefit of the improvement... :-)
      Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
      Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
      Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
      Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
      Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
      Bedroom: SB Radio
      Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
      LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

Working...