Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Using Phone Turns Off Squeezeboxes

I have been using Squeezeboxes for a number of years (and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with Logitech's abandonment - but they keep working!). A year or two ago I found out about Squeeze Player and Squeeze Commander and there are times I use them to play my music back through my cell phone.

I've just recently noticed something frustrating about this system. Even when I'm not using my phone to listen to my music, and after I've rebooted and not yet run either program, when I make a call, the music stops on my home system.

I usually use a landline for calls at home, but one day I was talking on my cell phone as I got home and came in and none of my Squeezeboxes were playing. Then I hung up and the music started again.

I would expect this to be related to the two program I've mentioned above, but it happens even after a reboot when they're not running at all.

I'd really like this behavior to stop, but I also like controlling my music from my phone. (I leave my music on when I'm out so if someone's nearby, it sounds like someone's home.)

How can I get LMS to ignore my cell phone when I'm not using Squeeze Commander?

Quote Originally Posted by HalNineThousand View Post
    I have been using Squeezeboxes for a number of years (and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with Logitech's abandonment - but they keep working!). A year or two ago I found out about Squeeze Player and Squeeze Commander and there are times I use them to play my music back through my cell phone.

I've just recently noticed something frustrating about this system. Even when I'm not using my phone to listen to my music, and after I've rebooted and not yet run either program, when I make a call, the music stops on my home system.

I usually use a landline for calls at home, but one day I was talking on my cell phone as I got home and came in and none of my Squeezeboxes were playing. Then I hung up and the music started again.

I would expect this to be related to the two program I've mentioned above, but it happens even after a reboot when they're not running at all.

I'd really like this behavior to stop, but I also like controlling my music from my phone. (I leave my music on when I'm out so if someone's nearby, it sounds like someone's home.)

How can I get LMS to ignore my cell phone when I'm not using Squeeze Commander?
    Is your home system maybe synced with Squeezeplayer ????
    If you are running Wireless maybe the phone signal is making distortion (very unlikely) ???
    Just some possibilyties ...
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
    Kitchen: Receiver - S.M.S.L DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Office: Transporter, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

Is it possible that either there is a plugin, or setting in one of those app's, which intentionally pause the SB's based on whether you are on the phone?

I don't know of any plugins for either app. They're straightforward and what's weird is this happens even when they're not on.

I know the bluetooth receiver in my car shuts off the car audio while the phone is in use, even if the car audio isn't specified to be used by the phone. I expect that. That's also led me to check and there's no BT device in the house that the phone is paired with that would connect to LMS or the Squeezeboxes.

Also, when I do use the phone as a player, I do NOT sync it with my home Squeezeboxes at all.

I haven't checked yet by using my cell phone while someone else is at home and I'm out of range.

I will check by turning wifi off for my phone - I don't use it that much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HalNineThousand View Post
    I don't know of any plugins for either app. They're straightforward and what's weird is this happens even when they're not on.

I know the bluetooth receiver in my car shuts off the car audio while the phone is in use, even if the car audio isn't specified to be used by the phone. I expect that. That's also led me to check and there's no BT device in the house that the phone is paired with that would connect to LMS or the Squeezeboxes.

Also, when I do use the phone as a player, I do NOT sync it with my home Squeezeboxes at all.

I haven't checked yet by using my cell phone while someone else is at home and I'm out of range.

I will check by turning wifi off for my phone - I don't use it that much anyway.
    It's Squeeze Commander.
    In Settings > Automute/pause settings > Pause playback. Pauses playback when phone is occupied with a call, even when Squeeze Commander isn't running.
    Just tried it.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

formerly known as Fletch
    SqueezeCommander has an option, which is off by default, to mute or lower the volume when the phone the phone is in use. Did you enable this?

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    It's Squeeze Commander.
    In Settings > Automute/pause settings > Pause playback. Pauses playback when phone is occupied with a call, even when Squeeze Commander isn't running.
    Just tried it.
    Wow. Even without it running? Frustrating in some ways. I could have sworn there were no extra settings in that program, I guess I missed it.

Thank you!

Well, to capture the call I believe SC will have to have a background daemon anyway, that's probably why it works without the App running.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Well, to capture the call I believe SC will have to have a background daemon anyway, that's probably why it works without the App running.
    I guess that does make sense. Thanks!