Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SqueezeCommander search bug?

I'm having a recurring problem with the latest version of SqueezeCommander and Squeezeplayer on a Galaxy S4. I'm running LMS v7.7.1 on a Windows 2008 Server. I have music stored on two shares - a NAS (the bulk of the library) and a shared drive on a Windows 7 machine. In total in have about 83,000 tracks.

The steps to reproduce are:
    - Select Random Song playback in Squeezecommander
    - While the playlist is playing go to the Home page and select the Search function
    - Search for a song title

The search results never return, and connectivity to the LMS server is lost for several minutes. I can usually recover connectivity between the phone and LMS if I go to a laptop and open the LMS web interface.

And idea why I'm unable to search while a random song playlist is playing?

Sounds like the search causes too much load on the server so that it stops responding. Is "search within words" enabled? If yes, try to turn it off
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Sounds like the search causes too much load on the server so that it stops responding. Is "search within words" enabled? If yes, try to turn it off
    The search option is set to "Search beginning of words". Is there anything else that will kill Search on a large collection? The server is a quad core machine with 4Gb RAM and virtually no other load (a web server which gets a dozen hits a day)