Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Squeezebox Boom suddenly stopped working properly

I was listening to an Internet radio station this afternoon when the sound suddenly went out. None of the buttons on the remote or the Boom itself worked. I unplugged it, plugged it in, and went through the setup. i got to the point where it said Setup Complete, Push Knob to Continue. I pushed the knob and it said "Connecting..." and never got past there. I tried it via Ethernet connection, wireless, and even did a factory reset. Nothing has helped - the setup goes fine, but then it can't connect. I'm wondering if there is a network issue or if the Boom itself is hosed. Everything else on my network is fine, it's just this one device that's acting up. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

1 have 2 Booms and BOTH stopped working.

They also can't connect to mysqueezebox.com I rebooted router, rebooted each boom, and now have 1 hooked up with an Ethernet. They are stuck "Connecting...". Did something happen today? Any suggestions? We listen EVERY DAY and I need these to work.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin-kay View Post
    They also can't connect to mysqueezebox.com I rebooted router, rebooted each boom, and now have 1 hooked up with an Ethernet. They are stuck "Connecting...". Did something happen today? Any suggestions? We listen EVERY DAY and I need these to work.
    no, everything working on my end (in the US) so there is no widespread problem. Years ago I had a problem similar to this for a Boom. Leaving it UNPLUGGED overnight actually resolved my issue.
    p.s. Do realize that simply plugging in an ethernet cable does NOT switch the network connection to ethernet. That has to be done in the settings for the unit.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

More detail on not working

I am a computer guy and didn't want to fill up the post if there was an outage. Since there isn't I'll give more detail. I did unplug all night and did the following:
    - reboot modem
    - reboot router
    - factory reset on BOTH Booms
    - one boom using ethernet and one using wireless. both got local IPs. both set to mysqueezebox.com.

Each of the booms (which were working yesterday afternoon) says "Conneting..." then sits and waits for some time. After I'm guessing a timeout they both come back and say:
    "Can't find address for mysquee"
    ".eft to go back, go right to try a"
    and they are hung. I assume the message means they can't find mysqueezebox.com and that I should be able to go right or left to try again, but they are HUNG.

I do a soft reboot and they hang on "Obtaining an IP address...". I check the router table and MAC address for the Boom next to my computer is correct, but it doesn't have its Device Name. It has a valid IP (according to the table) and I switch between wireless and wired (of course with a factory reset between). The router table correctly moves the device between wireless and wired.

From my computer I can connect to mysqueezebox.com. When I ping it, I get a reply from 50.17.238.167. I was hoping that it was being blocked, but that seems ruled out by this.

I have been using 1 of the booms for 4+ years and the other for 2+ years with only minor problems. The fact that BOTH of these stopped working at the same time is the reason I thought the server might be down. I only use these for Pandora and internet radio so I don't use a local server. I so sync these when we have a party (one inside and one outside) and we are having people over tomorrow. If ANYONE has ANY suggestions, please help. I love these things.

Try temporarily installing LMS on a computer on your network (in the LMS setup, be sure to go to LMS WebGUI > SETTINGS > mysb.com tab and enter your mysb.com credentials). Then connect your booms to LMS instead of mysb.com. This will be a test of whether the Booms themselves are working OK. I agree that it is hard to believe both booms broke at same time.

edit: and if it works, you can at least have music at your gathering!
    Last edited by garym; 2013-08-10 at 07:43.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Make sure they are actually connecting to your network and not a neighbors network with same network name. Is your SSID unique to your router?

Same here, my old squeezebox radio just stopped working last night, I cannot listen to any internet radio and the wifi indicator is red ... I tried rebooting everything, unplug and plug everything back in and it still doesn't connect. It is connected to my wifi network.

Is the squeezebox server down? Help!

Squeezebox Boom suddenly stopped working properly

> Same here, my old squeezebox radio just stopped working last night, I
    > cannot listen to any internet radio and the wifi indicator is red ... I
    > tried rebooting everything, unplug and plug everything back in and it
    > still doesn't connect. It is connected to my wifi network.
    >
    > Is the squeezebox server down? Help!

We do indeed have a few servers down. I'm trying to get them restarted as
    quickly as possible.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGod View Post
    Same here, my old squeezebox radio just stopped working last night, I cannot listen to any internet radio and the wifi indicator is red ... I tried rebooting everything, unplug and plug everything back in and it still doesn't connect. It is connected to my wifi network.

Is the squeezebox server down? Help!
    I have had the same issue with Squeezebox radio last day or so ... has worked near flawlessly for years, worked fine yesterday morning, came home from work last night to red wifi indicator.

Settings>Advanced>Diagnostics>Network Health says 'all network tests passed successfully.'
    Settings>Advanced>Diagnostics>Wireless Info shows my correct network name, correct IP address and signal strength of 100 percent.

Unplugging, re-starting, re-setting, etc. doesn't resolve the problem.

Sure seems like the problem is not with my router, network or connection.

It would probably help if folks posted their general location in the world when they report possible mysb.com problems. There have been times when European servers are down but US servers were OK. There is not just one set of servers.