Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Oops - did a factory reset by mistake and now can't connect to router

Hi all.

I pressed the restart button on the Squeezebox Touch this morning after having problems with a few streams (this has cured the problem in the past). However, I kept it pressed in for too long and unfortunately it has resulted in a factory reset. So now I am stuck trying to connect to my router. We are with Plusnet and the router is made by Thomson. There is an info card stuck to the router which includes a Router Password (11 characters) and a Wireless Key (10 characters). From what I remember when first setting up with this router I thought it was the Wireless Key that was needed to connect. However, although the Touch can see the router, neither the password or the key seem to work. Am I missing something here? I have tried going to the router's configuration page but that is also asking for a user name & password.

I'd rather not get involved with calling Plusnet's call centre if possible but if you guys can suggest anything i would be most grateful. I feel lost without the Touch! I'm going to work in a minute but will be back early afternoon, and I look forward to your advice. Hopefully it is something simple.

Thanks,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_G View Post
    Hi all.

I pressed the restart button on the Squeezebox Touch this morning after having problems with a few streams (this has cured the problem in the past). However, I kept it pressed in for too long and unfortunately it has resulted in a factory reset. So now I am stuck trying to connect to my router. We are with Plusnet and the router is made by Thomson. There is an info card stuck to the router which includes a Router Password (11 characters) and a Wireless Key (10 characters). From what I remember when first setting up with this router I thought it was the Wireless Key that was needed to connect. However, although the Touch can see the router, neither the password or the key seem to work. Am I missing something here? I have tried going to the router's configuration page but that is also asking for a user name & password.

I'd rather not get involved with calling Plusnet's call centre if possible but if you guys can suggest anything i would be most grateful. I feel lost without the Touch! I'm going to work in a minute but will be back early afternoon, and I look forward to your advice. Hopefully it is something simple.

Thanks,
    Nick
    The wireless key is the one you want, sure your entering this correctly, they're usually case sensitive?

Too far from the router to run ethernet cable?

Homeplugs would get your Touch up and running without needing a wireless key.

You should be able to google the username/password for your router if you know the model, selection below.

Good luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Thanks for the tips.

I have now managed to get it working again. To do this, I held the restart button in for several seconds to force the factory settings again. This time a message came up "Factory Settings Restored" which didn't appear this morning. Once past this screen I was able to connect to the router by typing in the wireless key. So I can only assume something didn't quite work when it restarted this morning.

At least it was a simple fix as I hoped!

Regards,
    Nick