Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

m

I really like the idea of daphile, but I can't get it work with my 0404 USB spdif out. I am running a daphile on an usb stick which plugged in a very old laptop(more than 10 yrs), so my system is: the laptop->0404USB->minidac. I could get sound from the analog out/headphone of 0404 usb, but nothing from the digital out? here is the config in daphile, is there any problem? Name:  aaa.jpg
Views: 1591
Size:  142.9 KB

The different mixer options are showing now in the web UI so will try them out.
    Currently using your 15.05 beta, working fine with my Duet Receivers and enjoying the extra features.
    Thanks for a fantastic quality audio streaming option, great work!

Quote Originally Posted by hfwry View Post
    I really like the idea of daphile, but I can't get it work with my 0404 USB spdif out. I am running a daphile on an usb stick which plugged in a very old laptop(more than 10 yrs), so my system is: the laptop->0404USB->minidac. I could get sound from the analog out/headphone of 0404 usb, but nothing from the digital out? here is the config in daphile, is there any problem? Name:  aaa.jpg
Views: 1591
Size:  142.9 KB
    I couldn't get my HDMI to work after trying various output and mixer combinations, but one of your mixer/control panel choices to select is labeled spdif, looks more hopeful.
    Do trial and error with that and different output setting from the Device drop-down menu.. There are so many different audio interfaces out there, it's likely not all are supported.

I ended up using the digital out from another Duet Receiver I had, so the Sync Players will work better.
    Last edited by marmoset; 2015-05-30 at 00:41.

Quote Originally Posted by marmoset View Post
    I couldn't get my HDMI to work after trying various output and mixer combinations, but one of your mixer/control panel choices to select is labeled spdif, looks more hopeful.
    Do trial and error with that and different output setting from the Device drop-down menu.. There are so many different audio interfaces out there, it's likely not all are supported.

I ended up using the digital out from another Duet Receiver I had, so the Sync Players will work better.
    Thank you buddy. I've tried out other options,no luck, I finally give up...

configuration file

Hi,

I'am using the Squeeze2upnp plugin and it wants to make a configurationfile but I only get a 404 error.

Thank you for Daphile,

rino

Can somebody please look at this thread and shed some light on my issue?
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901; BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Car: BananaPi LMS + Squeezeplayer on Android phone - Controller TBD ...

I'm a developer and interested in modifying daphile. I followed several discussions about daphile related to the GPL and open source.

1. Under what terms/license is daphile released?

Daphile credits all open source packages it uses, but the terms under which the daphile webinterface is released are not very clear. I don't find it anywhere on the daphile site.

2. Is daphile a derived work?

The website mentions "Daphile is based on the open source Squeezebox Server, SqueezePlay and Linux.". Playing with a recent beta, daphile incorporates an LMS gui in it's own webinterface (using LMS 7.9) and a recent squeezelite 1.8. So it needs LMS as server and squeezelite as player and also recycles the LMS webinterface in his own GUI. So to have a working daphile program that can play music, it needs existing open source packages to function.

3. Several discussions on other forums state that the daphile source is closed/proprietary, but I can read all shell scripts?

The program that makes up the webinterface (several bash scripts) are plaintext, no compiled proprietary binaries? So the source is already open for anyone to read.

4. Why close down a linux distro to restrict modifications?

I had to download the beta to be able to SSH into daphile, as the stable versions do not have a console or SSH enabled. I could also use a recovery CD to add a console/SSHD to the stable version.
    This is very annoying. Vortexbox and almost all other distributions that contain LMS or squeezelite (like picoreplayer) allow SSH and it is not a good OSS practice to build something on OSS and then close it down to prevent modifictations.

Combining (2) and (3) I assume under the GPL, this can be classified as a derived work, which makes Daphile also OSS.

Furthermore, I found this:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq....prietarySystem
    Last edited by Ins236; 2016-02-24 at 05:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Ins236 View Post
    1. Under what terms/license is daphile released?

Daphile credits all open source packages it uses, but the terms under which the daphile webinterface is released are not very clear. I don't find it anywhere on the daphile site.
    The absence of a license means that default copyright laws apply. This means that developer retains all rights to his/her source code and that nobody else may reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from his/her work.

2. Is daphile a derived work?

The website mentions "Daphile is based on the open source Squeezebox Server, SqueezePlay and Linux.". Playing with a recent beta, daphile incorporates an LMS gui in it's own webinterface (using LMS 7.9) and a recent squeezelite 1.8. So it needs LMS as server and squeezelite as player and also recycles the LMS webinterface in his own GUI. So to have a working daphile program that can play music, it needs existing open source packages to function.
    Daphile contains some derived works and all that are covered under GPL (or similar terms) are available with sources+patches at: http://www.daphile.com/gpl-src/

3. Several discussions on other forums state that the daphile source is closed/proprietary, but I can read all shell scripts?

The program that makes up the webinterface (several bash scripts) are plaintext, no compiled proprietary binaries? So the source is already open for anyone to read.
    Daphile contains some proprietary programs (Linux binaries and scripts). See my comment above on copyright / license question.

4. Why close down a linux distro to restrict modifications?

I had to download the beta to be able to SSH into daphile, as the stable versions do not have a console or SSH enabled. I could also use a recovery CD to add a console/SSHD to the stable version.
    This is very annoying. Vortexbox and almost all other distributions that contain LMS or squeezelite (like picoreplayer) allow SSH and it is not a good OSS practice to build something on OSS and then close it down to prevent modifictations.
    It's a design choice. It's of course a trade-off between easy to install and maintain versus flexibility. Some technical solutions differ quite a lot from many other Linux distros which make it not suitable for user modifications. Also the target audience for Daphile has been always rather the audiophiles (even with limited computer skills) than technically savvy Linux experts.

Combining (2) and (3) I assume under the GPL, this can be classified as a derived work, which makes Daphile also OSS.

Furthermore, I found this:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq....prietarySystem
    I just don't share your view on this. The system can definitely use GPL components without being completely GPL by itself.

It seems Daphile 16.01 (LMS 7.9.0 git64e1de0) introduced a problem with FLAC files on my Squeezelite clients: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post848751

Well, it seems Daphile converts my FLAC files to DSD before sending them to the client. This actually should not happen.