Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    Thank you for the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Hibon View Post
    Does the title contain some unicode charaters?
    No, the files are ok, without strange characters in the name...

Quote Originally Posted by Lem View Post
    Just trying to eliminate a possible cause. Sounds like it could be a network/buffering issue. You could try changing the buffers for your audio device - I'm not entirely sure if that's likely to help, but it's a quick thing to try.
    How is your NAS connected to your Daphile box and do you have any power saving features like disk spin-down enabled?
    The mini-pc where Daphile is installed is connected to my home-network with lan cable (gigabit speed, if is important, but I don't think so).
    Today I tried this.
    I copied a couple of albums that gave me problems on an USB pendirve which I connected directly to the mini-pc. When I play these albums from the pendirve everything works!
    So it seems a problem with the Network Folder as said by Lem.
    So I ask: what exactly are the settings which I must change?
    About buffer: in "Settings->Audio Devices" I find "Stream buffer" (now 3072kB), "Output buffer" (now 4096kB) and "ALSA buffer time" (now 100ms)...
    In "Settings->Power" nothing is setted and HDD-spindown is disabled.
    Any help is really appreciated!

EDIT
    Is not a buffer problem.
    I tried another album on the pendrive and the first track was skipped...
    I think that I found a (partial) solution.
    In the folder of these albums there are several flac files AND a cue sheet AND (in a case) a m3u file...
    For an album copied on the pendrive I deleted this file and it was played normally.
    So I tried to delete this files on the NAS: in Daphile I Rescan for "New and changed audio files" but it doesn't works as aspected.
    Why Daphile is so "susceptible" with cue and m3u files?
    Last edited by mauri_va; 2015-03-31 at 11:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Candlemass View Post
    Hi,
    I want to build a LMS for mobile use (outdoor parties, camping) with one of these devices: http://www.intel.eu/content/www/eu/e...3815tykhe.html
    Features:
    * 12 V
    * Intel Atom processor E3815, 1.46 GHz single core, 5 W TDP
    * 4-GB eMMC storage device built in (for root file system)
    * Internal support for 2.5-inch HDD (for music library)

Three questions so far:
    1. What is the minimum size for the daphile root file system? I guess the 4 GB built in storage is enough?
    2. I want to add an USB WiFi dongle in access point mode. Where can I configure the access point SSID and password? I could not find anything about it in the settings of my home daphile server.
    3. Which USB WiFi dongles are recommended?
    Here is the device running Daphile. It will be used at a festival's camping ground
    Name:  IMG_0330.JPG
Views: 1409
Size:  65.0 KB

1. Latest Daphile boots from internal flash storage
    2. I'm using a mini PCI Intel WiFi card in access point mode with Daphile. The NUC case has a built in antenna.
    3. Music library is on a 2.5" hard disk with 1 TB
    4. Everything is powered from a car battery

Quote Originally Posted by Candlemass View Post
    Here is the device running Daphile. It will be used at a festival's camping ground
    Name:  IMG_0330.JPG
Views: 1409
Size:  65.0 KB

1. Latest Daphile boots from internal flash storage
    2. I'm using a mini PCI Intel WiFi card in access point mode with Daphile. The NUC case has a built in antenna.
    3. Music library is on a 2.5" hard disk with 1 TB
    4. Everything is powered from a car battery
    How did you get it to install and boot from the internal flash? I have never been able to get it to work, just get a blinking cursor when I try to boot from the internal flash drive.

It did not work some time ago, but apparantly started to work with the latest version. Just give it a try. At installation I've ticked the menu entries for BIOS and UEFI firmware.

Squeezelite Failing to start

Can anyone please help with my install issue with Squeezelite?
    My 2nd Daphile server install, up and running easily first time around.

This time, loaded 64bit ISO onto USB and installed from there, HDMI and Firewire Audio recognized and show up as Players.
    However selected Firewire Out thru Squeezelite and no sound.Tried HDMI and no sound also.

I noticed the Plugin itself was not Ticked as installed on plugins page, so did so. Then in Squeezelite settings on the plugins page it says not running although ticked to run at start up.

Streaming audio OK to my Duet Receiver.

Server Log shows this message, is someone able to detect the problem here...

[15-05-18 02:14:40.3219] Slim::Control::Request::notify (2062) Error: Failed notify: Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db sqlite_create_function failed: sqlite_create_function failed with error unable to delete/modify user-function due to active statements at /opt/mediaserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 126

[15-05-18 03:50:08.1032] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Error: DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db sqlite_create_function failed: sqlite_create_function failed with error unable to delete/modify user-function due to active statements
    [15-05-18 03:50:08.1035] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Backtrace

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers
    Last edited by marmoset; 2015-05-17 at 22:07.

This is from the Localplayer Log, but again it's meaning is lost on me...

Starting Squeezelite: /var/daphile/mediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/LocalPlayer/Bin/squeezelite-x86-64 -d slimproto=debug -f /var/daphile/mediaserver/log/localplayer.log

/var/daphile/mediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/LocalPlayer/Bin/squeezelite-x86-64 -d slimproto=debug -f /var/daphile/mediaserver/log/localplayer.log
    [12:12:59.032461] test_open:124 playback open error: No such file or directory
    [12:12:59.032511] output_init_common:373 unable to open output device

If anyone has ideas I would be grateful.
    Cheers

Have now tried around 6 re-installs, using 64bit - 32bit - and latest beta version 15.05, and none allow Squeezelite to start.

Saw this thread in forum...
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...hlight=daphile
    Seems problem is because I can't get to the Mixer Settings of the audio interface to setup outputs...

As Daphile doesn't have terminal access I cannot try the fixes there, but that was why I was trying Daphile as unlike Vortexbox it has the simpler GUI.

I have 3 HP Small Form Factor PCs my work was going to throw in the skip, along with 3 spare Audio interfaces ( I have been working in Audio Production for 15 years), and I have managed to give 1 free Music Streaming System away so far using Daphile which setup fine.That interface did have a mixer when operated with Windows, but didn't cause problems with audio-out.
    One of the remaining 2 was to replace my Windows LMS.
    Looks like I may be returning to my Windows system...
    Last edited by marmoset; 2015-05-20 at 16:28.

You should not use local player plugin with Daphile. Daphile creates squeezelite instance automatically for each recognized audio device and you can change mixer on/off settings using the web UI at Settings - Audio Devices.

Lńhetetty minun Nexus 5 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Ah! I'm used to installing this plugin in the past, when I got no sound I figured thats what it was.

The first system I made used a old M-Audio usb recording interface I once used, it had no mixer with the windows drivers so that must be why it worked straight away.
    This one was again using an old M-Audio interface but firewire and has mixer software.
    Daphile recognised it but no sound.
    So with these interfaces the mixer on should be ticked, is that what you are saying? It has 4 RCA Outputs, will Daphile pickup Outputs 1 +2 by default?

Cheers

Just try different Mixer Controls setting using the web UI. Output selection might depend on the "Device:" selection. These are very hardware dependent settinfs and I can't help you more. It's also possible that audio device is not compatible. Have used it with any other Linux distro?

Lńhetetty minun Nexus 5 laitteesta Tapatalkilla