Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Is your Spotify working now (as is your Pandora from your other thread) after you correctly re-authorized your Radio with your online account?
    Are you in a Spotify allowed region? Proper Spotify Premium account?

Your other thread suggests you are trying to manage your Radio via UESmartRadio.com. You can't use that if your Radio is now using the SqueezeBox firmware, you now must access via MySqueezeBox.com online for account management (like adding Apps).

Tried rebooting LMS and your router? Sure your correct MySB.com login info is entered on LMS > Settings > MySqueezeBox.com? Any mention of "invalid" on that page?

If you go to LMS > Control Panel > Diagnostics, what is reported for ALL pings, ports, IP's?
    I'm not sure if this is aimed at my issues (seems not given the references to the other threads), but how does one re-authorise the Radio with one's on-line account? (and I'm assuming this is the Squeezebox online account rather than UE Radio).

Thanks
    Jonathan

Guess it's a different poster in the other thread. That was Johnana not Jonathan.

Was Spotify working before? Did you Factory Reset the Radio after you "upgraded" from UE to SqueezeBox firmware? Tried the other suggested troubleshooting tips?

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Guess it's a different poster in the other thread. That was Johnana not Jonathan.

Was Spotify working before? Did you Factory Reset the Radio after you "upgraded" from UE to SqueezeBox firmware? Tried the other suggested troubleshooting tips?
    Maybe Johanna is my doppelganger??!!

No, Spotify was not working on the Radio (but works perfectly via the Triode plugin on our two Duets) - I see others have reported the same problem, but the solution to that has been...

Now I have managed to find the source of the main problem - ie music on Logitech Media Server not playing. Essentially, I didn't have the option in the menu to select the "player" (which I thought was strange). However, when I rebooted the Radio, holding down the RW key to ensure it booted into the Squeeezebox firmware, this menu turned up (but then disappears after a while). The "player" menu at this point gave me the choice of the Radio, and then to select the library - ueradio.com (sorry, don't know correct address as am at work) or "NAS music" (my LMS library). The latter option gave me full access to the LMS library and the Triode Spotify app, therefore the Radio is now a fully-functioning Squeezebox!

I'm confused why the "player" menu disappears each time after initially being visible, but at least I know how to get past this.

Can anyone, though, explain why the Radio boots back into the standard UE firmware if I don't hold down the RW button? Is this how it's supposed to be or is mine acting up? If the latter, is there anything I can do to set the Squeezebox firmware as the default?

Many thanks
    Jonathan

This is a bit weird. It sounds like your Radio was still connecting to the UE software update server and so it automatically downloaded and installed the UE firmware again (UE Radios do NOT ask for confirmation here). This would also explain why the player menu went away.
    By holding RW while booting you actually reverted to an older firmware - in the case the Squeezebox FW.

This is definitely not how it should be.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    If you can see the other SBs on the Radio itself, the it did convert successfully.
    Or where do you mean you "see" the other players?
    Out of the box, the EU Radio says firmware 10.0.0. When I select switch to squeezebox, the display shows the logitech UE logo, but SB firmware is not loaded. When it comes back it still says UE Smart Radio.

With the UE Smart radio firmware, if I select "my music' menu option, it will show 'squeezebox Touch (USB)' and it will list the music on tiny LMS on the Touch. However, I cannot get music to play. (I just get a little circle that never stops buy the selection.) Also if I select choose player, it will show the other SB radio and SB Touch. Apartently some stuff is similar between UE and SB, but some is different.

I called the tech support and they think there is a problem with the unit so they will send me another replacement unit.

I am trying to due it manually, but I am having some touble as I am just not as computer savy as most people here on the forums.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    Out of the box, the EU Radio says firmware 10.0.0. When I select switch to squeezebox, the display shows the logitech UE logo, but SB firmware is not loaded. When it comes back it still says UE Smart Radio.

With the UE Smart radio firmware, if I select "my music' menu option, it will show 'squeezebox Touch (USB)' and it will list the music on tiny LMS on the Touch. However, I cannot get music to play. (I just get a little circle that never stops buy the selection.) Also if I select choose player, it will show the other SB radio and SB Touch. Apartently some stuff is similar between UE and SB, but some is different.

I called the tech support and they think there is a problem with the unit so they will send me another replacement unit.

I am trying to due it manually, but I am having some touble as I am just not as computer savy as most people here on the forums.

Paul
    Do you by chance have U-verse as your ISP? I had the exact same issue as you (can't update to 10.0.1) and after trying to connect using a different ISP the UE radio immediately asked if I wanted to update the software. Update ran fine and the UE radio is now at 10.0.1 and my problem with the UEML is also gone.

May be worth a try.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
    Do you by chance have U-verse as your ISP? I had the exact same issue as you (can't update to 10.0.1) and after trying to connect using a different ISP the UE radio immediately asked if I wanted to update the software. Update ran fine and the UE radio is now at 10.0.1 and my problem with the UEML is also gone.

May be worth a try.

Bill
    I have DSLExtreme through Verizon. My problem sounds slightly different. I was not trying to upgrade the UE software from 10.0.0 to 10.0.1, but trying to convert it to squeezebox software. The menu option was there and it would start the process with a message, but when it came back it was still the UE software.

Tech support said there was a problem with the unit, and to return it. That is in process.

On another note the unit did play Internet radio and selelecting the station was easy.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    I have DSLExtreme through Verizon. My problem sounds slightly different. I was not trying to upgrade the UE software from 10.0.0 to 10.0.1, but trying to convert it to squeezebox software. The menu option was there and it would start the process with a message, but when it came back it was still the UE software.

Tech support said there was a problem with the unit, and to return it. That is in process.

On another note the unit did play Internet radio and selelecting the station was easy.

Paul
    Paul, Hi.

That was my ultimate goal also, convert a UE radio back to a Squeezebox radio. I had the same issue that the UE radio would not upgrade to the current version (10.0.1) or convert back to a Squeezebox radio but didn't clarify that in my previous response. When I tried to convert either of the two recently purchased UE radios the results were the same using my U-verse ISP, I would get the option to convert to the Squeezebox, select that option and the radio would immediately reboot and come back up as a UE radio. Reading that trying a different ISP may work (not sure why) I tried the neighbors U-verse with the same results, no go. I then tried another friend who had an old DSL connection and I was able to update both of the UE radios to the curent UE version (10.0.1) and then take one of those UE radios and successfully convert it to a Squeezebox radio (shows version 7.7.3) and all was well with the world. The second UE radio was left a UE radio for the time being.

So, the point being that if you had another ISP to try it may be worth the effort while you wait for your replacement radio to arrive. In my case it was and I was able to update my 2 UE radios. However, I find it interesting that I never had a problem previously updating my other 5 Squeezebox radios or the 2 Touch radios I have.

Bill

Is it fair to say you need the latest ue software version to convert to squeezebox I am getting one delivered today to replace a bricked radio and really hope I can get it to work as a squeezebox

It just works thank you mr Logitech faith massively restored