Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Which server version do you have. With new Radios (both SB and UE) it _has_ to be 7.7.2 or newer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Which server version do you have. With new Radios (both SB and UE) it _has_ to be 7.7.2 or newer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    I just got the UE Smart Radio from Logitech last week. The about menu on the radio says 10.0.0. r16857.

I am not sure what you mean by server verison. On the SB Touch I am running 7.7.2.

What is strange is the UE radio can see my other SB radio and SB Touch. It even sees tiny LMS on the touch, and I can see named of all the music on the Touch. However, so sound plays and it behaves like it cannot find the file.

I was trying to switch to SB firmware using th new menu option, but it does not complete the conversion and stays a UE radio.

Paul

If you can see the other SBs on the Radio itself, the it did convert successfully.
    Or where do you mean you "see" the other players?
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Two problems with Squeezebox upgrade - any ideas thankfully received

Hi there

I have upgraded my recently purchased UE Smart Radio to the Squeezebox software, but have hit a couple of significant problems with this:

1. If I turn the radio off (ie, hold the power button in), when it re-boots, it has reverted back to the UE Smart Radio software. Only if I hold in the rewind button does it boot properly into the Squeezebox software. While I can't imagine this is going to be a significant problem going forwards (given I won't tend to turn it off), I'm confused and a bit worried by this.

2. The more pressing concern is that I cannot actually play items from my Logitech Media Server library. I can see everything in the "My Music" library, but when I select an individual track the circle thing just turns and turns. I also note that I can't see the Spotify plugin under "My Apps" - this is the Triode plugin (not the "official" one). Weirdly, for a short period of time (five mins or so) I was able to play audio from both the Media Server library and Spotify (via the Triode plugin), though I neither know what I did prior to this to get it working or what changed to stop it.

Further, my two Squeezebox Duets did something weird after I'd tried to get this UE Radio working with the Media Server; they too could "see" the audio files but just not play them. I've sorted one of them out by resetting it to defaults. I note that none of them (neither the Duets or the UE Radio) were visible in the Media Server web interface; now the one I've sorted out is visble, but the other two remain AWOL.

Is someone able to shed some light as to where I may have gone wrong? Is there something that specifically needs to be done to finish setting up the UE Radio with the Squeezebox software? I have tried numerous factory setting resets etc and have had no luck thus far. I note that a poster above appears to be reporting a similar problem, but am not sure if it is the same.

I am using v 7.7.2 of the Media Server software; if it's relelvant, this is running on a ReadyNAS Duo 2 (which has been pretty much perfect since installation - more reliable than on the previously used Mac Mini).

Given that I am also unable to access Spotify via the standard method on the UE Radio (it claims either not valid for this country or an "unknown error"), the radio is pretty much only useful for accessing basic internet radio stations - not what I purchased it for!

Many thanks for any ideas.

Cheers
    Jonathan
    Last edited by jonathan.ibell; 2013-07-30 at 05:45.

Is your Spotify working now (as is your Pandora from your other thread) after you correctly re-authorized your Radio with your online account?
    Are you in a Spotify allowed region? Proper Spotify Premium account?

Your other thread suggests you are trying to manage your Radio via UESmartRadio.com. You can't use that if your Radio is now using the SqueezeBox firmware, you now must access via MySqueezeBox.com online for account management (like adding Apps).

Tried rebooting LMS and your router? Sure your correct MySB.com login info is entered on LMS > Settings > MySqueezeBox.com? Any mention of "invalid" on that page?

If you go to LMS > Control Panel > Diagnostics, what is reported for ALL pings, ports, IP's?

What are the differences between UE Radio Software and Squeezebox radio software?

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Hello music streaming fans:

When we introduced the Logitech UE Smart Radio last fall we received a lot of positive feedback on the simplicity of the new experience. For those music lovers who seek a great sounding, yet compact, radio to access their favorite Internet radio stations and music services, the Logitech UE Smart Radio definitely hit a sweet spot.

A few months back – in the countries where we distribute Logitech UE Smart Radio – we gave Squeezebox Radio users the option to switch their Squeezebox Radios to the Logitech UE Smart Radio platform. Shortly after, we received feedback from some users that the Logitech UE Smart Radio platform didn’t support all the advanced functionality of the Squeezebox platform they were used to.

To address this, starting today we now offer the option to switch Logitech UE Smart Radio software to Squeezebox. By doing so, our Squeezebox fans can now take advantage of the improved portability of the Logitech UE Smart Radio, while still enjoying the Squeezebox features they appreciate.

To initiate the transition, simply navigate to the advanced settings on your Logitech UE Smart Radio and scroll down to select “Switch to Squeezebox.”

In order to ensure our customers transition to the experience that best fits their needs, both update paths include a link to descriptions of the pros and cons of each transition. Please make sure you review these carefully before proceeding, but know you can always revert back to the Logitech UE Smart Radio platform anytime you’d like.

Cheers, and happy streaming!

The Logitech UE Smart Radio / Squeezebox team
    I have a squeezebox radio (in the United States) purchased a couple of years ago (I think). I never heard about this UE software until today. So what's the difference? Why would I want to be on UE software or squeezebox software (what are the features and functionality of one vs. the other)? So far I've had no problems (I mainly listen to Pandora and Sirius satellite via squeezebox radio).

@jonathan: did you post this on the Logitech forum as well? I'm asking because I've seen a similar (yet not as detailed) comment there, too.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by eap View Post
    .... Why would I want to be on UE software or squeezebox software (what are the features and functionality of one vs. the other)?
    Stay with SqueezeBox. The only real benefit to UE is the addition of the iHeartRadio service. Everything else is pretty much the same as far as services offered.
    There are *many* draw backs in usage and customization with UE vs SqueezeBox.

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    @jonathan: did you post this on the Logitech forum as well? I'm asking because I've seen a similar (yet not as detailed) comment there, too.
    Hi there - no, I debated whether to post there, but decided to initially try out here, given the official Logitech announcement (which I didn't see on their website under the "UE" set of threads, but going by what you indicated is probably posted there somewhere!).

Considering I had everything working for a few minutes indicates it's fixable... but currently the radio's not doing what we bought it for. To be honest, the Duet's not the most simple product, but once it's up and running it's fine. Now I just hope to get the same out of this new Radio!

Any ideas from anyone gratefully received!

Thanks
    Jonathan

Here is certainly the better place to put it, I was just wondering whether others have the same issue or I saw two reports on the same incident.

Michael will probably have to have a look at this but I believe he's on vacation right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com