Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 90 of 90
  1. #81
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    19,779

    Smart Radio and Squeezebox softwareupgradability

    > Hello I can find the menu item but it will not transfer to Logitech
    > (squeezebox) Radio. Can this have tot do with the previous owner still
    > linked tot the radio? (via uesmartradio.com) It will not do a software
    > update either.


    Hi Bert - you might have hit an issue we have after we upgraded some of
    our systems. I'll look into this asap. Thanks for the heads up!
    --

    Michael

  2. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    could be. Not sure. Have you done a factory reset and connected the radio to your own account?
    Thanks for your response, I am unable to connect it to my account as it it is still connected to the former owners account, the pin does not get accepted. And so far the former owner is not co÷perating.

    Kind regards,

    Bert

  3. #83
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Hello I can find the menu item but it will not transfer to Logitech
    > (squeezebox) Radio. Can this have tot do with the previous owner still
    > linked tot the radio? (via uesmartradio.com) It will not do a software
    > update either.


    Hi Bert - you might have hit an issue we have after we upgraded some of
    our systems. I'll look into this asap. Thanks for the heads up!
    --

    Michael
    That would be really great, I always understood this to be a rather straightforward swap. I am on firmware version 10.0.1 r16964 and it will not upgrade nor swap to Squeezebox (and there is an exclamation mark through the battery sign ;-(
    Still love the Squeezebox though!

    Thanks in advance

  4. #84
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    19,779

    Smart Radio and Squeezebox softwareupgradability

    > That would be really great, I always understood this to be a rather
    > straightforward swap. I am on firmware version 10.0.1 r16964 and it will


    Are you in the US or EU?

    > not upgrade nor swap to Squeezebox (and there is an exclamation mark
    > through the battery sign ;-(


    You'll need to charge the battery before you can continue with the
    firmware update anyway.

    --

    Michael

  5. #85
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > That would be really great, I always understood this to be a rather
    > straightforward swap. I am on firmware version 10.0.1 r16964 and it will


    Are you in the US or EU?

    > not upgrade nor swap to Squeezebox (and there is an exclamation mark
    > through the battery sign ;-(


    You'll need to charge the battery before you can continue with the
    firmware update anyway.

    --

    Michael
    I am in Europe (Netherlands), In am charging the battery now, no more exclamation mark :-) I have already tried restore factory settings. In the advanced menu the player is stated as 'registered'

    When I try an software update, it says: The check for new firmware failed Please try again. When I select 'free your musiic (for the Squeezebox upgrade) it says Can not register your machine for migration, try again" Update manualy gives the same response.

    UPDATE: I have the radio now registered to my account on uesmartradio.com but unfortunately no change
    Last edited by BertdeJong; 2017-08-24 at 12:26. Reason: Update

  6. #86
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by BertdeJong View Post
    I am in Europe (Netherlands), In am charging the battery now, no more exclamation mark :-) I have already tried restore factory settings. In the advanced menu the player is stated as 'registered'

    When I try an software update, it says: The check for new firmware failed Please try again. When I select 'free your musiic (for the Squeezebox upgrade) it says Can not register your machine for migration, try again" Update manualy gives the same response.
    FWIW I'm in the UK, have just got a brand-new UE radio - and am encountering exactly the same problems when trying to upgrade to the Squeezebox firmware, (which is how I found this thread.) I'll appreciate any help.
    Last edited by durks; 2017-08-24 at 12:59.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    524
    Michael Herger has sorted this out (written in another thread).
    The servers are starting, what will take its time. Have another try tomorrow.

  8. #88
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Michael Herger has sorted this out (written in another thread).
    The servers are starting, what will take its time. Have another try tomorrow.
    Hello Karlek,

    I found the thread. The update is running now. Great!!

    Thank you Michael! (also for Spotty now that I am on it)

    Kind regards,

    Bert de Jong

  9. #89
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    19,779

    Smart Radio and Squeezebox softwareupgradability

    > I found the thread. The update is running now. Great!!

    Thanks for the confirmation!

    --

    Michael

  10. #90
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation!
    I confirm my problem is now also fixed. Thanks very much for your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •