Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corelli45 View Post
    Also. Are you linked with John Swenson's development?
    We are just doing software. But he's aware of what we are doing and we watch the community squeeze project and I am pretty sure our solution will run on it.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

I know MusicIP as as good as dead to some, but even the latest Bowie still gets analyzed and I use it very much. It's still better than the smartmix solution powered by the Echonest for me, so support on ickStream would be very welcome, especially if it works like SpiceFly Sugarcube.
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901; BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Car: BananaPi LMS + Squeezeplayer on Android phone - Controller TBD ...

Excellent news. I would also appreciate support for MusicIP
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1504317335 @ Mon Sep 4 07:13:56 UTC 2017
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8 Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.22.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi

Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    "Running on Squeezeboxes" currently means our software client runs in parallel to the MySqueezebox.com integration so you can use the original system of ours and seamlessly switch but at least right now we don't have combined playlists or something.

Gapless works right now, I believe, although I would have to doublecheck? I believe that's currently just an implementation detail. But both gapless and synchronization are basic design requirements although syncing in our system is the one thing that is more challenging compared to the SB although Somos does get it to work fine with a similar approach.
    Thanks Pippin. I'm glad to hear both gapless and synchronized playback are design requirements.

I'm anxious to see what you guys come up with. Given show is involved, I'm sure it will be good!!
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

I had been considering an Olive One as it has open architecture and will include Spotify but your announcement has taken me by surprise. When are you likely to launch your product?
    As mentioned in the initial post the current plan is to launch it sometime later this year. We want to be sure we have a reasonable finished product before we launch so we don't want to be more specific than this at the moment.

Also, the fact that we are only doing software makes it possible for us to support multiple hardware vendors, which is very different compared to the Olive One architecture which as far as I've understood is locked into the single Olive One hardware device they are currently working on.

In our vision, you would be able to get high end hardware for the main listening room from your HiFi manufacturer and low end hardware for the kitchen and bedroom from your favorite mass market manufacturer and as long as they all support the ickStream platform you will be able to use them all in the same system and even bring the system with you on your smart phone or tablet when you leave the home. Who knows, if Olive One are really open they might even consider supporting ickStream on their hardware in the future.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

(Also developer of many plugins/applets)

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    I know MusicIP as as good as dead to some, but even the latest Bowie still gets analyzed and I use it very much. It's still better than the smartmix solution powered by the Echonest for me, so support on ickStream would be very welcome, especially if it works like SpiceFly Sugarcube.
    Smart playlists/mixes is definitely something we want to support, especially since it's functionality which is more or less missing from most other hardware players except for the Squeezebox.

I'm not sure we want to rely on MusicIP, since that product unfortunately is no longer maintained, but the API's we provide to third party developers would definitely make it possible for a third party developer to do an integration with MusicIP similar to SpiceFly Sugarcube. For people who are happy to run LMS it might even just be an adjustment of the current Spicefly Sugarcube plugin.
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

Will there be CLI support for guys integrating syestems with AMX or Crestron?

When you say you are speaking with other manufacturers does this include Logitech?

When you say you are speaking with other manufacturers does this include Logitech?
    Can't comment on individual hardware manufacturers, but if we see a business potential we will generally investigate it at an appropriate time.

If any hardware vendor sees this thread and is interested, you are very welcome to contact us directly, you will find the contact information on our web page: http://www.ickstream.com

Quote Originally Posted by vining View Post
    Will there be CLI support for guys integrating syestems with AMX or Crestron?
    Our integration API's are based on JSON data structures and I'm pretty sure they contain all functionality which would be needed for integration with home automation systems, the idea is that our own controller and player software will use the same API's as we make available to third parties who like to use the ickStream platform. I'm personally not familiar with the AMX/Creston integration, but generally it should be possible for a third party developer to create the necessary glue between our API's and AMX/Creston integration API's, for example by implementing a CLI wrapper around our API's.

On short terms our main focus is on the platform and our own API's, but if anyone has developed integrations for AMX/Creston previously and would be interested in experimenting with our API's as a third party developer please let us know via PM or mail.