Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erland
    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by bakker_be
    I know MusicIP as as good as dead to some, but even the latest Bowie still gets analyzed and I use it very much. It's still better than the smartmix solution powered by the Echonest for me, so support on ickStream would be very welcome, especially if it works like SpiceFly Sugarcube.
    Smart playlists/mixes is definitely something we want to support, especially since it's functionality which is more or less missing from most other hardware players except for the Squeezebox.

I'm not sure we want to rely on MusicIP, since that product unfortunately is no longer maintained, but the API's we provide to third party developers would definitely make it possible for a third party developer to do an integration with MusicIP similar to SpiceFly Sugarcube. For people who are happy to run LMS it might even just be an adjustment of the current Spicefly Sugarcube plugin.
    Erland Lindmark (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

• vining
      • Mar 2010

Will there be CLI support for guys integrating syestems with AMX or Crestron?

Comment

• Corelli45
        • Mar 2012

When you say you are speaking with other manufacturers does this include Logitech?

Comment

• erland
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Corelli45
          When you say you are speaking with other manufacturers does this include Logitech?
          Can't comment on individual hardware manufacturers, but if we see a business potential we will generally investigate it at an appropriate time.

If any hardware vendor sees this thread and is interested, you are very welcome to contact us directly, you will find the contact information on our web page: http://www.ickstream.com
          Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

• erland
            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by vining
            Will there be CLI support for guys integrating syestems with AMX or Crestron?
            Our integration API's are based on JSON data structures and I'm pretty sure they contain all functionality which would be needed for integration with home automation systems, the idea is that our own controller and player software will use the same API's as we make available to third parties who like to use the ickStream platform. I'm personally not familiar with the AMX/Creston integration, but generally it should be possible for a third party developer to create the necessary glue between our API's and AMX/Creston integration API's, for example by implementing a CLI wrapper around our API's.

On short terms our main focus is on the platform and our own API's, but if anyone has developed integrations for AMX/Creston previously and would be interested in experimenting with our API's as a third party developer please let us know via PM or mail.

Comment

• toby10
              • Jul 2007

Great news! I'd be happy to help out with beta testing of MyIck.com (ok, bad joke) with my SB3, Boom, Touch & Radio. I stream some players 24/7 so might be a good reliability test, of sorts. What will the annual subscription be and where can I send it now (if you need some development cash)? I understand it's not ready yet, but I'd be happy to help in testing and $$$, just let me know.

Comment

• aubuti
                • Oct 2005

This is very welcome news indeed, all the more so because of who is involved. I haven't been in any hurry to worry about what happens post-mysb.com, but I've signed up on your site and am looking forward to following your progress with ickstream. Good luck with it!
                Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
                Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
                Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
                Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
                Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
                Bedroom: SB Radio
                Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
                LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• chenrikson
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by toby10
                  Great news! I'd be happy to help out with beta testing of MyIck.com (ok, bad joke) with my SB3, Boom, Touch & Radio. I stream some players 24/7 so might be a good reliability test, of sorts. What will the annual subscription be and where can I send it now (if you need some development cash)? I understand it's not ready yet, but I'd be happy to help in testing and $$$, just let me know.
                  +1

Comment

• Mnyb
                    • Feb 2006

Will this include any custom player fw or is it "only" a server+cloud service with apps thing .

Will the compatibility to all kinds of devices happen in the server software and can you have some kind of synergy with a collection of devices from anyone , this would be almost to good to be true ?

I can imagine that you figured how to serve squeezeboxes as some of the devs involved have mastered the art of making a player for the LMS server , and it's not far fetched to assume that if you understand the player you understand the server protocol .
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
                    Bedroom/Office: Boom
                    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
                    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
                    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
                    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
                    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• dsdreamer
                      • Jul 2007

Really great news

I am very happy to see this initiative, and wish you great success with it. It makes a great deal of sense to go for device independence, but I hope you will have some differentiated hardware in your ecosystem, since the digital streaming music business is quite crowded by now. I am sure you have ideas on how to differentiate yourself from what's already out there.

I did try the obvious to see if I could get a peak at what you're up to, but to no avail.

git clone https://code.google.com/p/ickstream/
                      Cloning into 'ickstream'...
                      warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.

No surprises there, but it was worth a try. Hopefully, there will be a degree of open community development once the first public release happens...?
                      ----------------------
                      "Dreamer, easy in the chair that really fits you..."

Comment

• epoch1970
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by http://www.ickstream.com/about
                        Geschäftsführer: Jörg Schwieder
                        I'm confident this project will go in the right direction.
                        Congratulations, and thanks.
                        2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 7 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 8.1 (docker) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • Material Skin by Craig Drummond • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • BBC Sounds by Stuart McLean • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Comment

• GeeJay
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by aubuti
                          This is very welcome news indeed, all the more so because of who is involved. I haven't been in any hurry to worry about what happens post-mysb.com, but I've signed up on your site and am looking forward to following your progress with ickstream. Good luck with it!
                          My sentiments exactly. I'm glad you guys announced when you did, so those of us sitting on the sidelines can continue to demonstrate patience until you're able to introduce your product.

I'm hopeful I won't soon have to answer the question, "but how will I replace iPeng and Erland's plugins?"
                          I’m down to one SB Touch and a Raspberry Pi. Mac Mini as a server (OS X Catalina). iPeng is my controller of choice. LMS 7.9.4. Erland’s plug ins are what keep me in the ecosystem.

Comment

• erland
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by dsdreamer
                            I did try the obvious to see if I could get a peak at what you're up to, but to no avail.

git clone https://code.google.com/p/ickstream/
                            Cloning into 'ickstream'...
                            warning: You appear to have cloned an empty repository.

No surprises there, but it was worth a try. Hopefully, there will be a degree of open community development once the first public release happens...?
                            As mentioned in the initial post, we really want to keep the community feeling from this community, a big part of that is to allow third party developers to easily enhance and integrate with the platform and also to allow community members to participate in beta testing and influence future functionality. This is also how it currently works for people invited to our beta program.

Unfortunately we can't be more open to the general public at the moment, mainly because we want to avoid a situation where some competitor with a lot more development resources steal our unique ideas and releases something before us. It's going to be less of a problem after the first public release and we should then be able to be more open also to people outside the beta group and get that nice community feeling we are all familiar with. :-)

Comment

• tamanaco
                              Watcher of the Windows build
                              • Mar 2006

Great News! Already signed at ickStream.com. Also glad to hear that MusicIP or similar functionality either native or via a 3rd party plugin is being considered. Looking forward to future news and would gladly provide feedback if admitted as beta tester.

Comment

• pippin
                                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Mnyb
                                Will this include any custom player fw or is it "only" a server+cloud service with apps thing .
                                Kind of in-between. Currently, for the Squeezeboxes, it's an Applet.
                                Custom firmware is difficult, lots of proprietary stuff in there that's actually needed so adding to the standard firmware is easier as long as that one still works.
                                Will the compatibility to all kinds of devices happen in the server software
                                No, it's in the API/on the client side. It might be possible to simulate that, similar to LMS exposing the Squeezeboxes as UPnP devices but me thinks at least syncing will be difficult with such a scenario (but who knows... if the latency is known).

and can you have some kind of synergy with a collection of devices from anyone , this would be almost to good to be true ?
                                Well, not anyone. We can't make dumb devices more intelligent. But our system is simple enough to fit into a lot of devices.

I can imagine that you figured how to serve squeezeboxes as some of the devs involved have mastered the art of making a player for the LMS server , and it's not far fetched to assume that if you understand the player you understand the server protocol .
                                Well, our "server protocol" is very different from what the Squeezeboxes do. We do NOT have the intelligence in the server. That's the one fundamental decision we have made, we believe that embedded devices these days are powerful enough to be able to have the controller in a controller and to be able to give the player some kind of autonomy.
                                This gets us around the problem that the server always needs to be present and reachable, at all times. A problem haunting the Squeezeboxes when you don't run the server 24/7.

It's pretty much what Logitech _should_ have done for the Smart Radio but it involves a much bigger change in architecture.
                                ---
                                learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
                                Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
                                at penguinlovesmusic.com
                                New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

Working...