Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    IIRC unmodded simple-agent only works with adatpors 2.0.
    What type/chipset and BT version of adaptors are you using ?

Well - blow me down with a feather (or something heavier!) - it's suddenly working on Fedora! I sadly have no idea how I got it working!!! The last thing I did, in utter desperation, was that I simply copied over the contents of /var/lib/bluetooth/[working adapter mac address] from the working Debian setup.

I don't like not knowing how it worked .. but until somebody comes up with a documented procedure, I can live with it!

FYI -

hci0: Type: BR/EDR Bus: USB
    BD Address: 00:11:676:AAD ACL MTU: 510:8 SCO MTU: 48:10
    UP RUNNING PSCAN
    RX bytes:5194 acl:56 sco:0 events:468 errors:0
    TX bytes:267223 acl:663 sco:0 commands:49 errors:0
    Features: 0xff 0xfe 0xff 0xfe 0x98 0x3f 0x79 0x83
    Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
    Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF
    Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
    Name: 'debian-0'
    Class: 0x7c0100
    Service Classes: Rendering, Capturing, Object Transfer, Audio, Telephony
    Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
    HCI Version: 2.1 (0x4) Revision: 0x90e
    LMP Version: 2.1 (0x4) Subversion: 0x316
    Manufacturer: Integrated System Solution Corp. (57)

The adapter is a cheap (4 euro) Zaapa nano usb
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    The last thing I did, in utter desperation, was that I simply copied over the contents of /var/lib/bluetooth/[working adapter mac address] from the working Debian setup.
    If the pair was "trusted" on Debian - then I think you have copied over the "trust" encrypted keys and so skipped the pairing authentication.

Not familiar with the chip vendor of that adaptor. I have two Broadcom and an Atheros adatpors whcih work OK , The 2.1 is a Cambridge Labs chip but is unreliable (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes stops after working for a while) and was the cheapest . The "Trust" BT3.0 adaptor was the next cheapest and is most reliable. So as I see it price has nothing to do with quality but on the web there are many complaints about v. cheap BT adaptors which are supposed to have Cambridge Labs chipset but actual Manufacturer is not identified - I suspect some sort of clone of a good design which may be OK for Windows but not for Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    If the pair was "trusted" on Debian - then I think you have copied over the "trust" encrypted keys and so skipped the pairing authentication.

Not familiar with the chip vendor of that adaptor. I have two Broadcom and an Atheros adatpors whcih work OK , The 2.1 is a Cambridge Labs chip but is unreliable (sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes stops after working for a while) and was the cheapest . The "Trust" BT3.0 adaptor was the next cheapest and is most reliable. So as I see it price has nothing to do with quality but on the web there are many complaints about v. cheap BT adaptors which are supposed to have Cambridge Labs chipset but actual Manufacturer is not identified - I suspect some sort of clone of a good design which may be OK for Windows but not for Linux.
    I have 2 other Cambridge Silicon adapters - both flaky The Zaapa worked immediately - it's a known Spanish company for PCs, etc.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------