Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dividing LARGE flac file into tracks

I came across the Naxos website yesterday and thought I'd give them a try, since there were some recordings I wanted which were offered as FLACs at reasonable cost ($7.99). I bought and downloaded Villa-Lobos' Symphonies 3 and 4, performed by the Sao Paulo symphony.

Unfortunately, the music is in a single flac file with a cue file.

Is there an easy way to split the flac into individual tracks to make them easier to manage?

Dumb way to organize things, in my view, and I doubt I'll be using Naxos again unless this is really easy.

R.

There is whole range of tools .

If you are on windows this is easy and simple to use http://www.medieval.it/cuesplitter-pc/menu-id-71.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Ron,
    You can use Audacity, although it might be fiddly.
    Darren

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

SB Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    There is whole range of tools .

If you are on windows this is easy and simple to use http://www.medieval.it/cuesplitter-pc/menu-id-71.html
    Please donīt use this. Last time i checked it did produce files that are no longer 100% valid. It did mess up the gaps and even lost some samples. At least some files after splitting were no longer to verify against the Accurate Rip database.
    My recomendation is to get familar with that: http://cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools
    For lossless operations it offers several more features that are very welcome in daily handling of lossless files and also own ripping. Gregory Chudov the developer himself has always an eye on the threads about CUEtools on the hydrogenaudio.org pages. So if you should have any questions it will be helped over there for sure.

Edit: I just checked the recent version of this medieval splitter and it still is broken. I just ripped my CD2 of Pink Floyd - The Wall CDS7460368 to a single wav + cue. It is a cd with many gapless songs. Medieval pretty much destroys it on splitting. You can even hear the missing samples as pops and clicks betwen the tracks. Only 2 tracks are left accurately ripped (6+13)
    Last edited by Wombat; 2013-03-23 at 12:06.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

foobar2000 never let me down, and it works in Windows native and in Linux it works well with wine.
    EDIT: But I might have a look at CUETools now, given that it is better than foobar2000 as stated.
    Last edited by signor_rossi; 2013-03-23 at 12:14.

Quote Originally Posted by signor_rossi View Post
    foobar2000 never let me down, and it works in Windows native and in Linux it works well with wine.
    EDIT: But I might have a look at CUETools now, given that it is better than foobar2000 as stated.
    foobar should be perfectly fine also. Its workflow with copying over Tags may of course be very different.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Please donīt use this. Last time i checked it did produce files that are no longer 100% valid. It did mess up the gaps and even lost some samples. At least some files after splitting were no longer to verify against the Accurate Rip database.
    My recomendation is to get familar with that: http://cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools
    For lossless operations it offers several more features that are very welcome in daily handling of lossless files and also own ripping. Gregory Chudov the developer himself has always an eye on the threads about CUEtools on the hydrogenaudio.org pages. So if you should have any questions it will be helped over there for sure.

Edit: I just checked the recent version of this medieval splitter and it still is broken. I just ripped my CD2 of Pink Floyd - The Wall CDS7460368 to a single wav + cue. It is a cd with many gapless songs. Medieval pretty much destroys it on splitting. You can even hear the missing samples as pops and clicks betwen the tracks. Only 2 tracks are left accurately ripped (6+13)
    Well thankyou for that now i have a better tool

I sometimes use command-line tools in LInux but this is far more convenient , I don do this that often so I tend to forget the command syntax resulting in a lot of googling
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Thanks all.

After I first posted but before the suggestions came in I remembered that I had Medieval on my system. I used it and it seemed to work all right, but the task was pretty simple. I'll get CueTools for the next time. I do remember the problems previously reported about Medieval.

Thanks again.

r.

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    Thanks all.

After I first posted but before the suggestions came in I remembered that I had Medieval on my system. I used it and it seemed to work all right, but the task was pretty simple. I'll get CueTools for the next time. I do remember the problems previously reported about Medieval.

Thanks again.

r.
    You can also do this with EAC http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post181777

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    ...I sometimes use command-line tools in LInux but this is far more convenient , I don do this that often so I tend to forget the command syntax resulting in a lot of googling
    Funny that I was in the same situation last weekend I finally came up with a little script, instead of googling the same thing over and over. Here it goes
    Code:
    !/bin/bash

#split one flac to tracks using cue
    /bin/mv *.cue music.cue
    /bin/mv *.flac music.flac
    /usr/bin/cuebreakpoints music.cue | /usr/bin/shnsplit -o flac music.flac
    /usr/bin/cuetag music.cue split-track*.flac
    George

Transporter->Pathos Logos->Triangle Celius
    Touch->Denon AVRS530BT -> Paradigm Monitor 7
    2 Duets, 1 SB3, 1 Touch, 1 Radio, Transporter
    OnePlus3 -> Sennheiser HD 380 Pro, NAD Viso